[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers Acquire Chris Harris, S - CHI

PSULions

I am just glad to get some more depth at safety. Looks like Harris is a pretty good player and would likely be the starter for us.

Any Bears homers want to us a scouting report on Harris?? :D

Actually the word was he was coming along nicely, but Harris will start.

Man I hope your right. There is a reason why he was let go from the Giants. He wasn't very good there either. Has all the physical skills, but just doesn't seem to make that many plays. I'm not sold on him and really think he is hurting the secondary. I hope I'm wrong on him.

Man I hope your right. There is a reason why he was let go from the Giants. He wasn't very good there either. Has all the physical skills, but just doesn't seem to make that many plays. I'm not sold on him and really think he is hurting the secondary. I hope I'm wrong on him.

I believe you confuse Salley with the "no longer in Carolina" Shaun Williams, Salley is a 2nd year player drafted from OSU?

I am just glad to get some more depth at safety. Looks like Harris is a pretty good player and would likely be the starter for us.

Harris is a solid player, but fell out of favor last year. Me thinks they like Archuleta more, or at least Lovie does.

I was actually at camp when this trade happened. Chris Harris was on the field and Lovie called for him and Harris had no idea what was going on. I was with one member of the media and he said he knew at that instant they traded him. His teammates were shocked but I am not. This team is very deep at safety and he was going to be cut if he stayed. This works out for the Bears and Harris and the Panthers.

For Panthers fans, you guys are getting a class act. The guy was actually one of my favorite players. I remember his rookie year I wanted a Harris jersey and told all my friends that I would get one. The guy, for a 6th round draft choice, has done so much already. He won a starting job one week into his rookie season. The guy can hit as well as anyone I have seen. His problems lie in man to man defense and coverage overall. But he is young and should only get better. His teammates were very upset he was leaving but it was the right move for the Bears.

I was actually at camp when this trade happened. Chris Harris was on the field and Lovie called for him and Harris had no idea what was going on. I was with one member of the media and he said he knew at that instant they traded him. His teammates were shocked but I am not. This team is very deep at safety and he was going to be cut if he stayed. This works out for the Bears and Harris and the Panthers.

For Panthers fans, you guys are getting a class act. The guy was actually one of my favorite players. I remember his rookie year I wanted a Harris jersey and told all my friends that I would get one. The guy, for a 6th round draft choice, has done so much already. He won a starting job one week into his rookie season. The guy can hit as well as anyone I have seen. His problems lie in man to man defense and coverage overall. But he is young and should only get better. His teammates were very upset he was leaving but it was the right move for the Bears.

Thanks for the scouting report! Sounds like he can really lay the lumber, which is something that we have been missing since McCree left last year. :D

To be brutally honest....he has a nose for the football....will deliver huge blows...but can't tackle and takes bad pursuit angles. He was a mediocre Tampa 2 safety. I liked the kid....I hope he does well there. But we drafted his college backfield mate this year and will keep him and dumped Harris!!! That says something. Look how he got burned in the SuperBowl by not covering his area....get used to that. However...he will make some good plays too. We'll see.

To be brutally honest....he has a nose for the football....will deliver huge blows...but can't tackle and takes bad pursuit angles. He was a mediocre Tampa 2 safety. I liked the kid....I hope he does well there. But we drafted his college backfield mate this year and will keep him and dumped Harris!!! That says something. Look how he got burned in the SuperBowl by not covering his area....get used to that. However...he will make some good plays too. We'll see.

To be a little more specific, he jumped Reggie Wayne's route and paid for it with him scoring a long touchdown. He also picked off Peyton Manning in the same game if that says anything.

To be a little more specific, he jumped Reggie Wayne's route and paid for it with him scoring a long touchdown. He also picked off Peyton Manning in the same game if that says anything.

You are right....but the pick happened in his area of defense. It was past the point in which Peanut was covering Harrison if I remember the play right. On the long TD....he had to know he had no help deep and that Urlacher was playing a deep middle. Urlacher had the underneath snuffed. The Bears win the Super Bowl IMHO if Harris stays home to make the play or maybe intercept the football. Like I said...he has a nose for the ball and will make some plays...but will his plays he takes bad angles and missed tackles outweigh all of those....for the Bears that answer was yes....the mistakes outweighed the upside.

Actually, I think he tried to cover the tight end, Utecht, I believe, who was already being covered. That allowed Wayne to get wide open. It was a blown assignment.

Actually, I think he tried to cover the tight end, Utecht, I believe, who was already being covered. That allowed Wayne to get wide open. It was a blown assignment.

You are correct. Urlacher had the TE covered and Harris "guessed" at the play. He had noone over the top of him and basically let Indy back in the game. Thanks for the clarification!!!

It was 7-0 in the first quarter. Let's not get carried away.

It was 14-0 before Wayne scored. I thought Rex hit Muhammed after Hester ran the opening kickoff back. If Harris stayed home....Bears get the ball back up 14-0 with a TON of momentum. Anything could have happened...but I would have rather they not got the TD!!!

It was 14-0 before Wayne scored. I thought Rex hit Muhammed after Hester ran the opening kickoff back.

Nope, Mush-head scored after Wayne.

If Harris stayed home....Bears get the ball back up 14-0 with a TON of momentum. Anything could have happened...but I would have rather they not got the TD!!!

The Bears had all of the momentum in the world, running back the opening kickoff and going up to a quick 7-0 lead against a pass-oriented team in the rain that isn't exactly known for its defense. Geez, even the botched snap on the extra point after Wayne's TD gave the Bears extra momentum. They were still up 14-6 at the end of the first quarter.