[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Mighty Marvin ever slow down?

FishFreak

I'm not hating just in awe of Marvin Harrison. At what point does this man lose a step or get injured and have Reggie Wayne take over? Marvin is now 35 YEARS OLD. Something has to give and I'm predicting this is the year he doesn't do 1200 and 12. Then again, I've said that the last two years.

He may not get the yards, or the yards may be there because of a couple really good games, but I think he's pretty much a lock for 10 td's. He's just to good mechanically, that's why he's 35 and still burning 25 year olds. So, no I dont think he slows down, I keep waiting for it and I've given up waiting, hen it happens then I'll know but until then his consistency is too hard to pass up.

His speed might slow down slightly each year, but his technique probably only gets better with more experience. The thing about his age is, that when he tweaks a hammy or sprains an ankle, its going to start taking a lot longer to heal up and get back on the field.

He may not get the yards, or the yards may be there because of a couple really good games, but I think he's pretty much a lock for 10 td's. He's just to good mechanically, that's why he's 35 and still burning 25 year olds. So, no I dont think he slows down, I keep waiting for it and I've given up waiting, hen it happens then I'll know but until then his consistency is too hard to pass up.

That's a tough one.

Rice had a 92/1200/7 season when he turned 40.

Harrison isn't in Rice's stratosphere but Harrison will come as close as any human might come in the next 50 years. With Peyton still in his prime and how Harrison keeps himself sharp (physically and technique-wise), I see no reason Harrison will slow down too significantly over the next 2-3 years.

Edited by kingfish247

Probably another year or two of good production as a #1 or #2 fantasy receiver, then a couple years as an OK #3, and retire. So, maybe 5 more years in the league, but only two at most of #1 production IMO. - Which would coincide nicely with Gonzales as a 3rd year WR to take on more work.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

How old was Jerry Rice when he stopped producing?

With age these guys simplify their games and have such great body control and smarts they can still beat youg corners. Marvin is so good at catching sideline passes and can still fake out defenders while losing a step or two.

With age these guys simplify their games and have such great body control and smarts they can still beat youg corners. Marvin is so good at catching sideline passes and can still fake out defenders while losing a step or two.

Rice had a 92/1200/7 season when he turned 40.

Even if he loses a step

He's already lost some of his explosiveness. I was watching the re-airing of the '03 Monday Night game against the Bucs and he was just torching that secondary (of course, he got a lot of those yards after Brian Kelly went down, but still). I haven't seen that over the past couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get double-digit TDs this year with Gonzalez in the mix.

That said, he's still very fast and will probably still be at least a very good possession receiver three years from now.

Edited by Bill Swerski

You backing up my point?

I'm not touching him unless he falls to the end of 3rd round or beginning of the 4th. 35 is old in the NFL, especially at WR. When his level of play finally drops off, it's going to be significant.

No way he drops that far

I wonder how long before the Colts start trying to find harrison's replacement ...or the WR to team with Wayne when Harrison retires.....

how much fuel does he exactly have left in the tank?....he's heading into his 12th season and I'd expect him to be a top WR heading into his 15th season......but after that, I think his age will officially start catching up with him.....

but I have been wrong at least...........twice before I think so anything can happen :D