[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last Meal(s)

Thunder Chicken

I leave for Iraq in three weeks.

The Chow has gotten a lot better in past years, and with the money Brown and Root is pulling down it should, but it is still eating from a mess hall.

Its time to eat a few things I won't see again for a year.

I keep thinking of Pan Seared Tuna, Venison anything, Spatzle with Krauter-Rahm sauce, Pacific coast oysters with fresh pico, Lamb gyros and cheesey meaty gooey lasagna. not necessarily in one meal.

If you had a limited time to have what you love before you couldn't have again for a year, what would it be?

P.S. And Beer

P.P.S. And Wine

mmm Dim Sum, I'll be able to get some when I head back up to Seattle before I leave.

And I'll definitely hit Barberitos for a Heavy D Steak and black beans before I leave Augusta.

Thanks Bier

Lobster, Colossal King Crab legs, Steak, Baked Ziti with fresh baked bread, wien... where you are going I would be eating some serious quantities of Chocolate and Ice Cream!

Stay Safe!!

That is one thing the army is good for. the Chocolate Pudding Snack Pack. I can't describe the joy of meeting the blackhawk bringing your once a week hot meal, and watching that crew chief toss off a case of chocolate pudding. Heaven. Vanilla? Blech!

Double pepper encrusted angus burger with thick cut bacon and Wisconsin cheddar on a kaiser roll with onion straws and chipotle mayo. Side of crispy steak cut fries and an ice cold pint of MacTarnahans Amber Ale. Good to go.

That or a In-N-Out double/double with grilled onions, side of fries and a vanilla shake.

Slab of Gates.

Everyday.

sliders and onion chips

Double pepper encrusted angus burger with thick cut bacon and Wisconsin cheddar on a kaiser roll with onion straws and chipotle mayo. Side of crispy steak cut fries and an ice cold pint of MacTarnahans Amber Ale. Good to go.

That or a In-N-Out double/double with grilled onions, side of fries and a vanilla shake.

These would make my list. And a side of Mrs HR if I was the one leavin'. You find your own. :D

Keep your head down and don't do anything stupid. Don't stand when you can sit. Don't sit when you can lie down. Sleep every chance you get. Wise advice from an old grunt.

I went to Morton's Saturday night. I had the following which I would highly recommend:

Crab Cake

Beef Steak Tomato for a salad.

Bone-in Ribeye

Creamed Spinach

Sauteed Mushrooms

Chocolate Souffle

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Definitely stopping on the way through California. Brings back memories of Bus rides home after an away game.

These would make my list. And a side of Mrs HR if I was the one leavin'. You find your own. :D

Keep your head down and don't do anything stupid. Don't stand when you can sit. Don't sit when you can lie down. Sleep every chance you get. Wise advice from an old grunt.

Spent this weekend in Atlanta with Ms Right Now. Ate at "Sambuca", right around the corner from the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead. food was good, Live Jazz, avoided the cover because the hotel sent us over in the house car!!

I had the Dual Tuna, the Filet, and a bottle of the Ridge Robles Zin. Took the Toffee Bread Pudding to go, but never got to finish it. :D

She had the Mediterranean Lasagna. Tuna and Filet were great. Wine was great (lots of raisin and currant). Lasagna was good too, one extra large noodle, rolled around the rest of the ingredients. Nice Place

Sambuca Menu

Hmmm...great question. OK...in no particular order and certainly NOT in the same meal:

Hot dog from Yankee Stadium

Oso Buco

Jim Dandy from Friendly's (with all mint chocolate chip ice cream)

Anything home made...Sunday Gravy (sauce for those less fortunate), barbecue

A couple of Double-Doubles from All American Burger

Chocolate chip pancakes

Ribs, cornbread, baked beans, corn on the cob

Thanksgiving Dinner...whether it's November or not

Christmas Eve Dinner...seven fishes...whether it's December or not

Zeppoles from a good Italian street fair

Spaghetti Carbonara

Veal Spitini over linguini with garlic and oil

Be well. Stay safe. And thank you! :D

Crawfish Etoufee

Grilled Swordfish with a lemon caper dressing

Anything from Maggianos although I'm partial to their cheese ravioli in vodka sauce.

Hook up with Whomp or another paisan and get an awesome home-cooked Italian meal.

My grandmother made the best raviolis. It was a 3 day process which was why it was rare that we had it. But it was well worth it. I miss the home-cooked Italian dinners that my mom and noni made. Would do anything to sit down and eat another REAL Italian dinner. hint hint

Be careful over there. And a good goal would be that whatever you decide on, have the same thing waiting for you when you come back. Good luck and God speed. :D