[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Beauty of an office league

rajncajn

I don't think I could even enjoy this type of draft/league. I am frustrated simply reading about Brady and Cutler in the 1st and Lynch in the 9th. I crave competition. I would rather lose to a well-put together team than walk to a title in a weak league - I take no joy in that. I am only in one league though, for this reason.

Believe me, I get little satisfaction out of the competition in this league. But I was pretty much begged to play so that they would have enough people in the league.

I remember 14 years ago when I started along new along w/ everyone else except the commish. Needless to say the commish won it all the first 2 years. Noobies go for names and don't understand value. We were all new to this game one time. Granted I still wouldn't have ended up w/ Holmes and MB3 if this was my 1st year. Did that clown at least buy a mag? I had a guy in my league leave 3 years ago b/c he kept ending up w/ a bad record. After a different excuse every year he left and started his own league w/ some guys who knew nothing. That way he was able to win a championship in the 1st year. Couldn't handle the good competition.

Started an office league 4 yearas ago and it's the most fun league. Last year's Number 1 pick was Hines Ward! He followed that with Vick and Seattle's Def! It's a riot draft day! We're all taking side bets to see if anyoen can guess who he'll take Number 1 this year! This was 8 teamer and my 1st three piks were R. Brown, S-Jax, Portis... I also nabbed Gore in Round 14! And then everyone complained about me "hoarding" all the RBs! :D

What I don't understand is, this is freaking 2007. It is one thing not to geek out like us and comb the news for guys like M Coulston. It is yet another not to bother spending 15 minutes on the internets the night before the draft, print out some free rankings, and avoid total blunders like Cutler at 1.07 or any of the other silly moves.

10 years ago, this would have been forgivable...maybe. But now. Those guys are idiots.

I bet rajn is pissed that Manning didn't go 2nd.

What I don't understand is, this is freaking 2007. It is one thing not to geek out like us and comb the news for guys like M Coulston. It is yet another not to bother spending 15 minutes on the internets the night before the draft, print out some free rankings, and avoid total blunders like Cutler at 1.07 or any of the other silly moves.

10 years ago, this would have been forgivable...maybe. But now. Those guys are idiots.

I bet rajn is pissed that Manning didn't go 2nd.

:D Yeah, I'm fuming...

XB'S

1. (7) Jay Cutler

2. (14) Randy Moss

3. (27) Edgerrin James

4. (34) Kellen Winslow

5. (47) Devery Henderson

6. (54) Fred Taylor

7. (67) Robert Meachem

8. (74) Nate Kaeding

9. (87) Oakland

10. (94) Brett Favre

11. (107) Matt Bryant

When anyone calls Kellen Winslow, you know you have a terrible league.

XB'S

1. (7) Jay Cutler

2. (14) Randy Moss

3. (27) Edgerrin James

4. (34) Kellen Winslow

5. (47) Devery Henderson

6. (54) Fred Taylor

7. (67) Robert Meachem

8. (74) Nate Kaeding

9. (87) Oakland

10. (94) Brett Favre

11. (107) Matt Bryant

:D gotta love the edge/freddie backfield.

we're gonna party like it's 1999! :D