[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh Steelers new mascot

Trots

:D click here to look at this momo

Steelers name new mascot 'Steely McBeam'

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LATROBE -- Steely McBeam is the name of the new Steelers mascot, the team announced today at Saint Vincent College following afternoon practice.

The winning name was submitted by Diane Roles of Valencia, Pa. She will receive a VIP package for four to the Steelers' Sept. 16 home opener against the Bills. More than 70,000 entries were submitted for the name-the-mascot contest.

The mascot was unveiled earlier this year as a part of the Steelers 75th anniversary celebration.

Apparently Steely McBeam narrowly beat out "Rod Stiffington" as the mascot's name. :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From KissingSuzyKolber.com:

Where You Been? Whole Steel Industry's Been Gay For Years

Steelers fans,

What the f*ck are you trying to do to me? Okay, it's not your fault the franchise saw fit to introduce some wholly unnecessary mascot to commemorate the team's 75th anniversary, as opposed to, say, some goddamn cheerleaders. But given the chance to submit names for the Bruce Campbell doppelganger, the best 70,000 of you as$holes could come up with was Steely McBeam.

Steely McF*ckingBeam. See that "f*cking" in there, it's called a tmesis. I'm pointing that out to you because I'm going to try to impart a few facts in each post from now on because YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY SO GODDAMN STUPID. WHY AM I CONSTANTLY DEFENDING YOU FROM UFFORD?!

Seriously, do we really need to name the mascot the way an 8-year-old names his hermit crab?

"Look, ma! It's Pinchy McShell!"

"Look, it's Hermie McCrab!"

F*ck. You.

:D

I am a Steelers fan, and I admit...it's lame.

This reminds me of when my little brother (who was 5 at the time) wanted to name his Goldfish "Crappy", but my mother wouldn't let him. At least she had some common sense. What were the Rooneys thinking on this one?

At this point I'd rather the mascot was named Crappy.

This reminds me of when my little brother (who was 5 at the time) wanted to name his Goldfish "Crappy", but my mother wouldn't let him.

They really went out on a limb with that name. I hear the the jets are thinking about running with this idea and going for Flyey Mcairplane.

I had no idea this thread would be so damn funny! :wacko:

Fudgey McCrack Pack? :D

I just knew that someone couldn't resist. I should have known it would be SB. At least you didn't use Fudgey McPacker. And don't even start with what the mascot would look like...

Edited by Bronco Billy