[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Preseason (unheralded) rookie standout list

I think, after just about every preseason game, there will be one or two rookies who force their coaches to take notice...thereby increasing their IDP value.

Of course, we're not concerned with the "household" names; I'm talking about the guys who might still be on the waiver wire in your IDP leagues.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that homer input will be key for this. Hopefully, some people can chime in.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Marvin White, S, Cincinnati

Not sure how many snaps he played, but he tallied a very respectable 6 solos, 1 assist, and 1 interception. He was drafted in the 4th round, so the team obviously doesn't consider him a throw-away player. I can tell you guys right now -- Dexter Jackson's starting job is not secure.

I'm going to keep paying attention to camp reports, and I fully expect them to start indicating White moving ahead of Jackson as the SS.

Johnny Baldwin, LB, Detroit

In a game where TWENTY-NINE defenders registered a tackle for the Lions, Baldwin led the team with 4 solos. Paris Lenon, Baldwin's competition for the MLB spot? 1 assist.

Baldwin's been mentioned here before, and as some of us suspected, he's on his way to taking over as the starting MLB.

In a game where TWENTY-NINE defenders registered a tackle for the Lions, Baldwin led the team with 4 solos. Paris Lenon, Baldwin's competition for the MLB spot? 1 assist.

Baldwin's been mentioned here before, and as some of us suspected, he's on his way to taking over as the starting MLB.

Being a Packer homer I can see anyone with any talent taking over for Paris Lenon. Paris is a nice 4th LB, but not someone I would want to start at MLB.

Edited by Men In Tights

This could be an interesting race to watch. Lehman is the better of the 3 but, he can't stay healthy. I don't know if I would be putting to much faith from an IDP FFL perspective in a Detroit MLB this year. I do believe Sims will be the only LB from Detroit I will be targeting.

This could be an interesting race to watch. Lehman is the better of the 3 but, he can't stay healthy. I don't know if I would be putting to much faith from an IDP FFL perspective in a Detroit MLB this year. I do believe Sims will be the only LB from Detroit I will be targeting.

That avatar is greatness

Sarge may actually have some appreciation for this one, too though. From left to right: Mark Bradley, Dusty Dvoracek, Tommie Harris, JD Runnels.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's Sarge. :D

Not that I could see who they were in that small picture. But if they are who you say they are, Boomer.........

:D Sooner Nation Baby........

Prescott Burgess, LB, Baltimore

The 6-3, 250-lb. sixth-round pick by the Ravens this year had an excellent game against the Eagles. He led the team in tackles -- registering 5 solos and an assist, with 27 other players registering at least one assist -- and had a sack. Fourth-round LB Antwan Barnes hasn't looked bad so far in camp, but several reports have Burgess outshining him so far.

Everything I've read indicates the Ravens intend to use Bart Scott in many roles previously reserved for Adalius Thomas, so there could be WLB playing time for Burgess this season. Especially if Ray or Scott suffers an injury, Burgess could be a high-PPG sleeper.

Edit: Burgess lost 100 pounds. Now only weighs 250. :D

Prescott Burgess, LB, Baltimore

The 6-3, 350-lb. sixth-round pick by the Ravens this year had an excellent game against the Eagles. He led the team in tackles -- registering 5 solos and an assist, with 27 other players registering at least one assist -- and had a sack. Fourth-round LB Antwan Barnes hasn't looked bad so far in camp, but several reports have Burgess outshining him so far.

Everything I've read indicates the Ravens intend to use Bart Scott in many roles previously reserved for Adalius Thomas, so there could be WLB playing time for Burgess this season. Especially if Ray or Scott suffers an injury, Burgess could be a high-PPG sleeper.

Is that a typo...350 pounds...really!!! I hope that is supposed to be 250.....if not....that is one HUGH linebacker.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the deal with this rookie LB in Indy, Brandon Archer? Anyone have any insight on him? Says he registered 11 tackles last week, and led the team in tackles again this week. Is he a candidate for the starting MLB position?

Edited by Crazysight

What's the deal with this rookie, Brandon Archer? Anyone have any insight on him? Says he registered 11 tackles last week, and led the team in tackles again this week. Is he a candidate for the starting MLB position?

Sorry, didn't see the other post on Archer. Still though nobody has responded to it.