[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Running Back Sleepers

YoungBob

watch out for Jamal Lewis....as a running back i dislike him and would take a ton of backs over him but his line in cleveland is going to be much better with bentley back, steinbach and thomas in there he will be solid value when it comes to games in the second half of the year. He may not explode but he will 1200 yards and 8-10 tds

I like Lewis 55+ picks in as a #3 RB. His schedule is pretty brutal, but if you can pick your match ups and use him as flex player he should do well. Obviously, also a solid back up. Lewis looks good in camp, though you'd like to see the Browns QB situation look something better than a wretched shade of awful. But, bottom line, Lewis is probably the last truly featured RB available in most drafts before you have to start choosing between guys who split time. I doubt he'll be a home run hitter, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't outperform his ADP.

Edited by yo mama

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Lewis 55+ picks in as a #3 RB. His schedule is pretty brutal, but if you can pick your match ups and use him as flex player he should do well. Obviously, also a solid back up. Lewis looks good in camp, though you'd like to see the Browns QB sitution look something better a wretched shade of awful. But, bottom line, Lewis is probably the last truly featured RB available in most drafts before you have to start choosing between guys who split time. I doubt he'll be a home run hitter, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't outperform his ADP.

Ugh... am I the only one that thinks Lewis is bound for the scrapheap sooner rather than later?

Watching him run in Baltimore the last 2 season has been painful. For a guy that used to be so big and bruising to say he has looked tentative is an understatement.

2003 seems like forever ago. His ypc went from 4.3 to 3.4 to 3.6 since. On 300+ carries last season on a 13-3 team, he only managed 1132yds. His TDs were pretty decent (9). Has his situation improved that much to expect more? IMO, no way.

Has his situation gotten so bad you should expect MUCH worse? IMO, absolutely.

Edited by kingfish247

Don't need your "reality check" on it, the NFL Europe bit is well known. That shouldn't discredit his success in NFL Europe this offseason in any way however. He earned his stripes over there and is worthy of of credit for the work that he did.

Nor does it take away from his physical attributes, as it's rare to ever find players with his combination of power and speed in NFL Europe to begin with.

Truth is that skill players in NFLE have rarely even gotten any opportunites to start in the NFL in the first place, and most of the top players over the years to come out of NFLE haven't been top prospects to begin with. However, if Larry Johnson should either fail to resign or go down, you tell me who is going to get the shot to pound the ball in KC. It won't be the diminutive Michael Bennett (although he would definitely still get a heavy workload. Unless you think Priest Holmes is going to complete a miraculous comeback, there are no better options in KC to get that opportunity than Derrick Ross.

The reason why NFLE skill guys don't get a chance to start is that they didn't have the talent to compete in the first place - that's the whole reason they were sent overseas to begin with rather than training in the offseason at the team's facility. You are using a circular argument to prove your assumption, where no evidence supports your conclusion.

As to who else could carry the ball in KC, you do know that they drafted Kolby Smith out of Louisville, don't you? He's built at an ideal size/weight of some of the best RBs in NFL history. Note - I did not say he would be one of the best RBs in NFL history, or that he had the talent to be one, just that he is built like RBs who have put a tremendous amount of mileage on their chassis.

As to who else could carry the ball in KC, you do know that they drafted Kolby Smith out of Louisville, don't you? He's built at an ideal size/weight of some of the best RBs in NFL history. Note - I did not say he would be one of the best RBs in NFL history, or that he had the talent to be one, just that he is built like RBs who have put a tremendous amount of mileage on their chassis.

This is true, the Chiefs coaches love Kolby and think they got him as a steal in the 5th round. Ross has looked good as well, but you have to figure he's the odd man out. Right now everyone assumes the Chiefs will carry 3 RB's.

LJ

Bennett

Smith

That leaves Holmes and Ross on the outside looking in. Now if PH comes back for the 3rd or last preseason game and shows the PH of old they MAY just keep 4.