[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No LMaroney?

rhino

as much as id hate to agree with the same redskins homer thats bashing my new Giants man crush...BJ, but do you really think this is the Morris show if Maroney goes down or will it be RBBC, regardless I think in PPR leagues Faulk deserves a look for a spot late your draft.

heck sounds eerily to another third down back that proved he could go fulltime late in his career. now dont get me wrong, i dont think faulk is the second comming of Tiki if maroney goes down. Im just curious as to why everyone thinks he is an afterthought...there are depth charts out there that list him as the number two.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he's good at what he does--spot play. He'll produce if Maroney is out for a week and get a handful of touches a game, but to expect him to come in and be the man if Maroney goes down for a long period is unrealistic...

People basically thought the same about Antoine Smith when he first came over, too...

Edited by Crazysight

• 1 month later...
The same 30 year old Sammy Morris that has never done a thing? Riiiiiight....

Yup. That same Sammy Morris.

Yeah he's good at what he does--spot play. He'll produce if Maroney is out for a week and get a handful of touches a game, but to expect him to come in and be the man if Maroney goes down for a long period is unrealistic...

He's "spot playing" better than Maroney is playing at all. :D

:wacko:

We are talking about the Sammy Morris who has exactly 1 100+ yd rushing game in a 7 year career, and a career ypc of 3.9, and has only exceeded 4.0 ypc once in his 7 years?

Hmmm :D

I wanted to ressurect this just to get some peoples opinions on Sammy Morris now. I know they arent running as much as in the past, or so it seems, but Sammy Morris clearly is not just a backup.

Yes. That Sammy Morris.

Yup. That same Sammy Morris.

He's "spot playing" better than Maroney is playing at all. :D

Hmmm :D

I wanted to ressurect this just to get some peoples opinions on Sammy Morris now. I know they arent running as much as in the past, or so it seems, but Sammy Morris clearly is not just a backup.

Yes. That Sammy Morris.

No he isn't. The P{atriots have used players in way that resurrects their careers and is doing the same with Morris this season. They should both do well today.

Maroney is 10th in the AFC in rushing right now. Not great, but considering how 'quiet' his season has been, that surprised me a bit. Expect a HUGH game from him today, (in classic Patriots form switching their O around weekly), as the Pats come out with a more balanced O. I'm thinking 125 and at least 1 td, maybe 2.

Maroney is 10th in the AFC in rushing right now. Not great, but considering how 'quiet' his season has been, that surprised me a bit. Expect a HUGH game from him today, (in classic Patriots form switching their O around weekly), as the Pats come out with a more balanced O. I'm thinking 125 and at least 1 td, maybe 2.

I'd love that as a Pats homer and since I'm starting him over TJones and C.Brown....

• 2 weeks later...

Do I get to say "I told you so" yet? :D

10/01 Patriots: Maroney de-activated

The News

Laurence Maroney is inactive and will not play on Monday night. He has been nursing a groin injury that kept him out of parts of practice all week.

Our View

Maroney had a career game against the Bengals when he faced them last year, so this is a big blow to his fantasy owners. Sammy Morris is expected to start and get the bulk of the carries, though we'd expect to see a lot more of Kevin Faulk and probably even a little bit of Heath Evans. Hopefully you hedged your bets by grabbing Morris or Faulk and you can still insert one of them in Maroney's place.

Do I get to say "I told you so" yet? :D

10/01 Patriots: Maroney de-activated

The News

Laurence Maroney is inactive and will not play on Monday night. He has been nursing a groin injury that kept him out of parts of practice all week.

Our View

Maroney had a career game against the Bengals when he faced them last year, so this is a big blow to his fantasy owners. Sammy Morris is expected to start and get the bulk of the carries, though we'd expect to see a lot more of Kevin Faulk and probably even a little bit of Heath Evans. Hopefully you hedged your bets by grabbing Morris or Faulk and you can still insert one of them in Maroney's place.

I hear ya dude... Ive already brought this thread up once this season. :D