[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to make the world's best brisket

polksalet

Courtesy of Sonny Brian's smokehouse of course.

1 brisket

1/2 quart yeller vinegar

1/2 gallon water

copious amounts of hickory

fork

Wash brisket in vinegar. This kills any bacteria present and helps the fat to break down. Wash with water. Repeat

Cook fat side up in a pit using nothing but hickory wood.

DO NOT FLIP IT!!!

After a couple of few hours when the fork slids out easy amd the meat is falling apart it is ready.

Edited by polksalet

Hey Polk, I live in an apartment building in New Jersey and do not have access to a barbecue pit. Any alternatives to cooking in an actual pit?

I think an offset firebox smoker will do the trick. I wouldn't try a water smoker (probably too small) or any type of grill. You need to keep the temp constant and low. Wait one...

Had to go look this up as I couldn't remember it off the top of my head. Keep the temperature between 200 and 230 degrees fahrenheit. You'll need to smoke it for about 1.5 hours per pound of meat.

Edited by Kid Cid

I think an offset firebox smoker will do the trick. I wouldn't try a water smoker (probably too small) or any type of grill. You need to keep the temp constant and low. Wait one...

Had to go look this up as I couldn't remember it off the top of my head. Keep the temperature between 200 and 230 degrees fahrenheit. You'll need to smoke it for about 1.5 hours per pound of meat.

I made a 7.5 lb brisket on the water smoker last weekend. Kept it around 225 for 10 hours. Came out pretty damn good. In hindsite, I won't claim that it is the best that I've ever tasted, but it seemed like it at the moment. :D

I made a 7.5 lb brisket on the water smoker last weekend. Kept it around 225 for 10 hours. Came out pretty damn good. In hindsite, I won't claim that it is the best that I've ever tasted, but it seemed like it at the moment. :D

That's some tight quarters. Still, the time and temp is right and there's nothing like some fresh smoked brisket with a homemade sauce to finish it.