[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2007 Projection Spreadsheet -- 8/11/07

rhino

This spreadsheet has been updated with the latest projections found on the 'net. Download and enjoy.

Because this spreadsheet contains "HME" (Huddle Member Exclusive) data, you are asked to keep this spreadsheet for yourself, and not share the location nor the sp-sheet with non-huddlers. Your effort in this matter is appreciated.

Couple enhancements:

1. The sp-sheet has been tailored to either TE-REQD or NON-TE leagues. This makes the file a bit smaller to manage, and removes some of the initial overhead from your doing.

To get a TE-REQD spreadsheet -- Go here.

To get a NON-TE speadsheet -- Go here.

In each of these sites (directories), you'll want the file:

Wtd Avg 2007 Projections 081107 NON-TE.zip, or

Wtd Avg 2007 Projections 081107 TE-REQD.zip

If you can't get this file to open or work, then try the *v97.zip file. And if that doesn't work, then try the *v95.zip file.

Good luck.

2. The following numbers were updated:

a. Huddle Projections, as of 8/10/07

b. FFToday Projections, as of 8/9/07

c. Fantasy Sharks Projections, as of 8/10/07.

d. Fox Sports were removed, as they had projections for JPlummer, but not any of the rookies (making me to believe they're having site issues and their 2006 proejctions are leaking into the 2007 pages)

e. Rototimes Projections, as of ??? (copied on 8/11/07).

f. Fantasy Sports Central Projections added, as of ??? (copied on 8/11/07)

g. Sport Fanatics Projections added, as of 8/8/07.

h. Myfantasyleague avg pick data updated, as of 8/11/07, using drafts started between 8/1/07 and 8/14/07.

i. Huddle Depth Charts, as of 8/11/07.

3. The Profiles tab was updated for QBs and RBs. Thus, profile data (height, weight, age, experience) for WRs, TEs, and PKs are not up-to-date. Sorry.

4. Because the sp-sheet has been split out to a TE-REQD version, and a NON-TE version, the Depth Chart tab has been updated to indicate which players have already been picked in your draft, via the DRAFT tab. They will be "yellowed out".

Let me know if you have any problems, or have any suggestions. Thanks!

Does anyone have an instruction manual for this thing? It looks awsome, but I've never used such a customizable sheet. Any tips are appreciated.

Sorry, but I have not made the time to put one together. Been wanting to. But, here's a quick skinny...

1. Open the file with macros enabled.

There are a lot of sorting options in this spreadsheet. Instead of trying to select the full table, and then entering the sorting criteria, a lot of buttons were created that utilize macros to do the sorting for you. Without these, you will not be able to easily and quickly re-sort your rankings the way you want them.

2. Enter your scoring rules

After opening the file, the first thing one should do is to enter their own scoring rules on the "Scoring" tab. It is set up so that one can enter different scoring rules for each position. For example, a passing TD for a QB can be 4 pts, and a passing TD for a RB can be 6 pts. This step should be pretty quick to do.

2.1 Recalculate the players projected fantasy points

Based on your scoring rules, players could be ranked differently than the default order you received with the sp-sheet. *** ALSO, AUTOMATIC COMPUTATION IS TURNED OFF in this sp-sheet. *** Therefore, to compute the players' projected fantasy points BASED ON YOUR SCORING RULES, hit the <F9> recalculate key. You may want to go to a "Rank" tab before doing this, to see the points being recalculated. For example, go to the "QB Rank" tab before hitting the <F9>.

3. Resort the rankings.

Just because the players' projected fantasy points are recalculated, doesn't mean they have been automaticallly sorted. This is because one can sort on 15 different criteria. So, to get a handle on things, simply go to each "Rank" tab (not the "Rank II" tabs), and hit the "YR PTS" sort button, to resort the players by projected fantasy points.

4. Update (recalculate) the rankings on subsequent pages.

Now, the new rankings need to be "copied" (ie, "recalculated") to the "Rank II" and "One Pager" tabs. This is just another "<F9> recalculate function.

That's the basics. Get that down, and move onto the next level...

5. WEIGHT your projections

There are several different sources included in their projections for the players. Look them over, and determine if you like one or the other. For example, go to the "QB" tab. Just SUPPOSE you like the Huddle's projections a lot. So, let's give them a heavy weight, like a 10 or something, by changing the value in column E6 from "1" to "10". Then, you notice your least-favorite website is included -- Sportfanatics.com, for example. You want to give them a light weight, like a .000001. So, enter ".000001" in cell N6.

*** NEVER GIVE A WEIGHT OF ZERO ***, as this may result in numerous "divide by zero" errors.

6. Add your own projections

There is a column on each position tab (ex: "QB") to provide your own projections. There's also columns available to add projections from other pay sites you may have access to. Simply enter these in.

7. Recalculate, and resort, ...

Now that you've changed the "weight of the projections" -- one of the key values that determines a players' projected fantasy points -- and possibly added additional projections, then projected fantasy points for each player needs to be recalculated. (Hit <F9> like we did in step 2 above.) And then the rankings need to be re-sorted. (Go to each "Rank" tab like we did in step 3 above.) And then the resorted rankings need to be copied to the subsequent pages (Rank II and One pager tabs). (Repeat step 4 above.)

Now you're beginning to get a jist of this sp-sheet. Let's keep moving.

8. Unaccounted scoring rules

Suppose the Scoring tab does not cover all your scoring rules. For example, your league may have bonus points for a QB that throws for 300+ yds. Or, you may award PKs 4 pts for a 40+ yd field goal. Since there's not a lot of projections stats out there for these types of scoring rules, I don't include them. However, I do allow you to ADJUST a players' ANNUAL projected fantasy points on the "Rank" tabs, to accommodate these shortcomings. Let's use the "QB Rank" tab as an example.

a. Let's use PManning as an example.

b. Let's assume your league gives 5 extra points when a QB throws for 300+ yds.

c. You project that PManning will throw for 300+ yds on 4 different occassions this year.

d. 4 games at 300 yds, at 5 pts apiece is an additional 20 fantasy points for the year.

e. Enter 20 in the "Annual Points Adj" column for PManning.

Of course, when you do this, you'll have to do the <F9> recalculate, resort, and <F9> thing again.

Using this for a draft tool...

9. Printing your cheatsheet...

Go to the "One Pager" tab. This is your cheatsheet, based on all the values you input above (scoring rules, new projections, your projections, weights for each source of projections, adjusted fantasy points, etc). This cheatsheet has a lot of info on it -- Name, team, bye week, depth chart, 2006 consistency, yrs experience in the league, current age, projected fantasy points (weekly), and average draft position.

If you want all of this information on your cheatsheet, then simply print this page. It should be set to print on one page (tiny font!).

If you don't want all this data printed on the page, then simply "HIDE" the columns you want. Suppose you don't care how old the players are. Right-click column "H", and choose "Hide". Repeat this for columns "R" and "AC". So, if you want this data (age) in the future, you simply "Unhide". Never delete columns in this "One Pager" tab.

10. Enter team names...

Enter your league's team names, in draft order near the top of the "Draft" tab, in columns C and K.

11. Size the draft to your league size...

The maximum size this sp-sheet will accommodate is a league size of 18 teams. If you have a smaller league (most league sizes are 12 these days), then let's remove some of the unneeded cells and formulas. If your league size is 12, as an example, delete all columns to the right of "AW". Now, delete the columns, not just the data in the columns.

Next, let's remove the teams in the "Summary Area". Assuming your league size is 12 teams, then select cells K6 thru P11, right click in that selected range, and choose "Delete...", "Shift cells left".

12. Enter the draft picks.

As each pick is made, enter the pick into the team's roster area. So, team 1 will choose Ladainian Tomlinson, I'm guessing. Then, enter "Tomlinson, Ladainian" in cell C21 (which is their RB area). If you get the spelling wrong, then it will not allow you to continue until you have the spelling matching what is set in the sp-sheet. Then, enter the draft pick : "1.01". Hit <F9>.

After hitting <F9> (recalculate), you'll notice that the players' team, bye week, and the weighted avg projected value (weekly) is updated for the given player.

Then, go back to the "One Pager" tab, you'll notice that the player is "highlighted" off your cheatsheet.

Then, go back to the "Depth Charts" tab, you'll notice that the player is "highlighted" off your depth chart.

There's more to it than this, but this should give you the main components/uses of this sp-sheet. Hope it helps. Feel free to ask questions.

Rhino,

Awsome as usual.

I'm having an issue with the macros............When I load my scoring system, and then try and sort on any of the rank pages, it first calculates the new scoring system, then the unexpected. It sorts all the names alphabetically, then takes the first name and copies it down over all the other names. As an example, every QB listed became "Anderson, Derick", and every RB became "Addai, Joseph".

What am I doing wrong, or is it a bug??? :D

Rhino,

Awsome as usual.

I'm having an issue with the macros............When I load my scoring system, and then try and sort on any of the rank pages, it first calculates the new scoring system, then the unexpected. It sorts all the names alphabetically, then takes the first name and copies it down over all the other names. As an example, every QB listed became "Anderson, Derick", and every RB became "Addai, Joseph".

What am I doing wrong, or is it a bug??? :D

Big Dogs,

It's not a bug, but a "feature" with the "automatic calculation" turned OFF. I have only seen this issue when someone hits the "Update Player List" button on one of the rank tabs. Is this what you're doing? When this button is hit, then the <F9> (recalculate) needs to be invoked as well. Then, you should be able to resort on anything else.

Let me know if this doesn't work, or if it does for that matter. Thanks!

Big Dogs,

It's not a bug, but a "feature" with the "automatic calculation" turned OFF. I have only seen this issue when someone hits the "Update Player List" button on one of the rank tabs. Is this what you're doing? When this button is hit, then the <F9> (recalculate) needs to be invoked as well. Then, you should be able to resort on anything else.

Let me know if this doesn't work, or if it does for that matter. Thanks!

Yea, this is what I was doing, but I deleted the old file and tried to download a new one, and it keeps shutting excel down on me now, and "repairing" the file, so I'm not sure what's going on..........It works on my laptop, so I'll use it there.

Thanks.