[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bo Scaife and Zach Miller

TDFFFreak

Found myself in a crazy draft (non PPR league) where TEs went far earlier then expected, low and behold Scaife and Miller became my platoon at TE. 50% poor drafters and 50% half decent drafters, but unfortunately it seems like most teams starting lineups are loaded until they get to the flex spot. We need another starting position for our rosters to make this league better, but that's another story.

Anyway, someone please tell me good things about either Scaife or Zach Miller at the TE position. I am looking to trade away to get a good TE, but this is one of those leagues where people feel you are trying to pull something over them when offering trades so they don't happen enough. I like my squad, but want to feel better about my glaring weakness at the starting TE position.

Thanks!

Scaife could get plenty of competition from Troupe but the TEN WR do not look like world beaters yet and Young may really need to rely on his TEs. Miller in OAK is expected to become a very good TE but in year one that is a major risk, especially with such an unsettled QB situation. I would not mind either as my TE2 but not sure I would want to enter the season with either as my TE1 unless TE scoring really didn't matter much anyway.

Miller's gonna start in Oakland.

He's said to be a really hard worker, great hands, runs good routes, ect. Kiffin's system will feature the TE. As far as QB, I don't think it will matter much. A good TE is any QB's security blanket and saftey valve. I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with 40-50 receptions this season, and became a busy redzone target.

Edited by byron2112

Anyway, someone please tell me good things about either Scaife or Zach Miller at the TE position. I am looking to trade away to get a good TE

With the lack of options in TEN, Scaife could surprise but in a non-PPR league his value is pretty minimal. Scaife is a much more consistent pass-catcher than Troupe. Troupe drops far too many balls to be a reliable outlet for Young.

Scaife has had a rapport with Young as fellow UT alums AND since working as 2nd teamers in Young's rookie season.

Miller :D he'll probably be pretty good but OAK's QB situation looks ugly this year.

I'd flip a coin between Scaife/Miller then pick up Owen Daniels (if available).

In non-PPR unless you can pull a trade for one of the top 3 TEs, it's usually not worth the bother imo.

With the lack of options in TEN, Scaife could surprise but in a non-PPR league his value is pretty minimal. Scaife is a much more consistent pass-catcher than Troupe. Troupe drops far too many balls to be a reliable outlet for Young.

Scaife has had a rapport with Young as fellow UT alums AND since working as 2nd teamers in Young's rookie season.

Miller :D he'll probably be pretty good but OAK's QB situation looks ugly this year.

I'd flip a coin between Scaife/Miller then pick up Owen Daniels (if available).

In non-PPR unless you can pull a trade for one of the top 3 TEs, it's usually not worth the bother imo.

If Daniels is available, I would definitely make a play to pick him up.

I'm very high on Scaife, for most of the reasons already listed above. I'm targeting him late, so if I'm right (it does happen sometimes) you'll be happy you drafted him. He does have an injury history from back at Texas, which I don't think anyone has talked about yet.

I think Vince will look his way quite a bit this season.

Don't feel to bad about owning Scaife. After the top 8-9 TE's are gone, there isn't much left. Scaife could end up being a decent TE1 so don't give up on him already. Vince will be dumping a lot of passes off to his TE's just like McNair a couple of years back because the WR's are lacking. I'd be even higher on him if it weren't for Ben Troupe in the wings. He was supposed to become a good receiving threat and fell off the radar last year. I now see Scaife is over Troupe on the depth charts. Can anyone speak on the TE situation in Tennessee?

Thanks