[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strength of Schedule

chester

I need a ranking by strength of schedule for every D1 team.

Anybody seen a good one out there (or any for that matter).

It has to be ALL the teams.

Kind of difficult to project in mid-August given the nature of college football.....

I have a magazine at home that has the top 35 or something. Stanford was #1, Washington was #2.

Kind of difficult to project in mid-August given the nature of college football.....

I have a magazine at home that has the top 35 or something. Stanford was #1, Washington was #2.

Sort of embarassing to be number 1 & 2, don't you think? Would think the crappy teams would be more likely to have a higher SOS due to the fact they are underdogs to just about everyone they play. :D

Sort of embarassing to be number 1 & 2, don't you think? Would think the crappy teams would be more likely to have a higher SOS due to the fact they are underdogs to just about everyone they play. :D

No, it means they aren't playing Middle Tennesse and Louisiana-Lafayette as a non-conference schedule.

Have to agree with you re: Stanford - they could realistically go 0-9 in conference this year. Ouch. But the Huskies could/should win a few games.

But some very good teams can end up high on the list too, with strong SOS. I think USC is fairly high up on the list almost every year....

Edited by Coffeeman

So what you are saying is if LSU or USC had Stanford or Washington schedule they would be 1 and 2 in SOS? :D

No, what I'm saying is that a schedule vs. legit teams determines a SOS number (or a "tougher" one anyway), not whether you're favored.

Have to agree with you re: Stanford - they could realistically go 0-9 in conference this year. Ouch. But the Huskies could/should win a few games.

Washington = Bowl team.

But some very good teams can end up high on the list too, with strong SOS. I think USC is fairly high up on the list almost every year....

USC plays Idaho, Nebraska, and Notre Dame, plus the Pac-10 schedule. That's up there in the rankings I'm sure.

are you brain dead? SOS is based on WHO you play, it has nothing to do with who is favored or not.

All this shows, is ONCE AGAIN the PAC 10 plays the toughest NC schedules in the country, and that the league is quality. I would love to see teams like UW and Stan , who will be in the cellar of the PAC 10, play schedules like this....just doesn't happen.

are you brain dead? SOS is based on WHO you play, it has nothing to do with who is favored or not.

All this shows, is ONCE AGAIN the PAC 10 plays the toughest NC schedules in the country, and that the league is quality. I would love to see teams like UW and Stan , who will be in the cellar of the PAC 10, play schedules like this....just doesn't happen.

Agreed the Pac 10 plays some of the toughest NC schedules, but the league play isn't the toughest. Here's something I found on Rivals on the topic of SOS.

Who has the toughest schedule?

Steve Megargee at Rivals.com has broken down the college football schedules in an effort to determine who has the toughest college football schedule for the 2007-08 season.

While a Pac-10 team tops our list of the nation's 25 toughest schedules, the Southeastern Conference dominates the rest of the chart with five representatives in the top 10. Even though many of the SEC schools don't play strong non-conference opponents, the strength of the league itself makes their schedules among the toughest in college football.

1 Washington

2 South Carolina

3 Florida State

4 Michigan State

5 Auburn

6 Tennessee

7 Florida

8 USC

9 Stanford

10 Mississippi State

11 Kentucky

12 Nebraska

13 Notre Dame

14 Georgia

15 Michigan

16 Purdue

17 Illinois

18 LSU

19 Boston College

20 Washington State

21 West Virginia

22 Arizona

23 Pitt

24 Maryland

25 Texas A&M

uh negative. UW will be battling STAN and WSU for the cellar.

I think UW will be at least 6th or even 5th, behind USC, Cal, UCLA, OSU and maybe Oregon. Not sure about those AZ schools - either Ariz or ASU may crack the top 5 too, but Stanford and WSU will indeed be in the cellar.....

I think UW will be at least 6th or even 5th, behind USC, Cal, UCLA, OSU and maybe Oregon. Not sure about those AZ schools - either Ariz or ASU may crack the top 5 too, but Stanford and WSU will indeed be in the cellar.....

I see it like this........

USC

CAL

UCLA

ASU - because of their sched.

OSU

UA

OU

WSU

UW - sched has alot to with this........

STAN