[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

den @ sf

Bier Meister

A couple of things I took from the game.

1) Henry could be a top 5 back this year. It appears he's going late 1st early 2nd in most drafts and he's well worth that spot.

2) Denver's O as a whole looked very good. Even M. Bell looked fast and ran hard.

3) San Fran's O was every bit as good if not better. Especially the oline for San fran. They pushed every denver line all over the field. Gore could be huge this year.

4) I am officially much more comfortable at having A. Smith as a #2 QB with upside than I was before the game. He looked good and extremely accurate.

I know it was essentially one quarter of starters, but both teams O's looked very good. Since my 1st draft is this weekend, I'm going to have to rely some on what I've seen in preseason. The one disappointment was Denvers D. They looked like they really struggled.

This has been so far the only preseason game I have watched from whistle to whistle. Very entertaining game. :D That scoring drive with Henry was phenomenal. Mike Bell look great as well though... :D I really liked Jay Cutler as well even though he looks like Larry the Cable Guy.

I also loved the guys in the booth.

1) Henry could be a top 5 back this year. It appears he's going late 1st early 2nd in most drafts and he's well worth that spot.

2) Denver's O as a whole looked very good. Even M. Bell looked fast and ran hard.

3) San Fran's O was every bit as good if not better. Especially the oline for San fran. They pushed every denver line all over the field. Gore could be huge this year.

4) I am officially much more comfortable at having A. Smith as a #2 QB with upside than I was before the game. He looked good and extremely accurate.

I know it was essentially one quarter of starters, but both teams O's looked very good. Since my 1st draft is this weekend, I'm going to have to rely some on what I've seen in preseason. The one disappointment was Denvers D. They looked like they really struggled.

agree with all of that. :D

Denver's D did struggle, but remember that most of the offense and defense that teams show in the preseason is just basic packages. They did a nice job down near the goal line, however.

Patrick Ramsey did not impress me, and Elam missing that FG at the end of the first half was dissappointing.

Overall, I give the performance a solid "meh."

I will never draft a Denver RB again.

Henry could be top 5... he looked that good huh? :D

Henry could be top 5... he looked that good huh? :D

I laugh every time I see someone comment on not drafting a Den RB. What short memories we have as owners. I won at least five titles on the backs of TD and Portis. The fact is when Shanahan has a healthy RB who is getting the job done, he rides that one back as much or more than any coach in the league. It's a risk worth taking every year, especially this season with Henry.