[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is why women shouldn't be allowed to play FF

Dr. Rock

I'm going to point anybody who doesn't think FF is 99% luck in the direction of this post

Four or five years ago, got a frantic call from a friend who was pulled into a draft that night much like Dr. Rock's story, and her husband had given her some magazine and told her to draft from it. I said no, at least use an updated cheat sheet, which I sent her (I'd like to give credit to the huddle for the cheat sheet, but since she was not a paying member, that woulda been illegal or something :D ).

She not only knew nothing about football, she hated football. She just picked names off a cheat sheet. Her first loss was in the Super Bowl -- she went undefeated in the regular season and won the first playoff game. I don't think she even made a waiver wire pickup.

Thinking it was all about blind luck that she had in spades, she willingly played the next season in that same league (without a cheat sheet from, ummm ... me :D ) and lost every game. She never played FF again, and still hates football.

My wife has won our local once and taken 2nd once since joining four years ago. I don't know if we all suck or if she just knows her stuff.

My wife has also won our local once (the year before I joined :D ) and has finished 2nd twice (to me). Those were some cold Januarys. :D

My wife also won her first and only league, my work (ex-work) league last year. She worked the LT owner in the SuperBowl. She did use a huddle cheatsheat, but as we live in Texas (which is a community property state) I was bound by law to give her a copy. She would not listen to me at all. She was going to bench Shockey because he was listed as probably, and start Bubba Frank. Since she was play me that week, she went online and made a post for Big John, asking him to verify what I told her. :D

Oh, and Doc Rock, since you have posted this, you are now honor bound to post a follow up at the end of the season, letting us know her record, your record, and head to head score. :D

Edited by rbmcdonald

Mrs. PD won my old local 2 years in a row then had a respectful 4 th palce finish her third and final year. She would just get pizzed as hell when she would make a strating line-up mistake, so she had to hang'em up. She was a cheerleader through college, so she like to compete but she just got to bent when she would have some bad calls etc

She did use a huddle cheatsheat, but as we live in Texas (which is a community property state) I was bound by law to give her a copy.

My wife uses arguments more powerful than the law to garner a copy of my huddle cheatsheet.

My wife is a huge football fan. She knows the difference between encroachment and off sides, and disses the announcers when they get it wrong. She doesn't like fantasy football though because she thinks it would make her unfaithful to the Cowboys if she needed someone on her team to do well against them, so she doesn't play. For our anniversary every year she gets me the Sunday Ticket. Last Christmas she got me an autographed Emmitt Smith jersey and for my birthday she got me an autographed Vince Young UT jersey. She loves football, and never complains about all my leagues. She will watch every Cowboy of the season, and the majority of the playoff games. She always declines invitations to Super Bowl parties, because she'd rather watch the game than miss it talking to someone. Oh, and she has big tits too.

Edited by Perchoutofwater