[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Harrington ever make it to the playoffs with the Falcons?

WaterMan

Will Harrington ever make it to the playoffs with the Falcons?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. hmm

• yes
    • no
    • it's Vick's fault the WRs suck under Harrington

Harrington MIGHT make it to the playoffs with the Falcons:

- if, as said above, they build an insanely talented defense/running game oriented team that he can Dilfer into a wild card (even though he doesn't appear to possess the leadership ability of Trent Dilfer)

- if they get a real QB and WRs and hang onto Harrington as a backup

- maybe, just maybe, Bobby Petrino IS as much of an offensive genius as his press clipping indicate and he can tap into the potential that got Harrington into the Heisman finalists and top few picks of the draft. It's not as if Detroit and Miami were hotbeds of brilliant coaching and breakthrough performances during his time there.

Hey WaterMan, you remember a couple years ago when you were bragging about how Vick took the Falcons to the NFC Championship faster than Manning took the Colts to his first AFC Championship?

I could never understand the love affair some seeemingly knowledgeable football fans had with Vick. I lived in Atlanta for 12 years, and I could definitely understand why a certain segment of Falcons' season ticket holders loved him -- I'm talking about people who were clueless about football and just liked watching him run around the field, and could identify with him. The dome was usually about half full before he arrived and all of their home games were blacked out on local TV unless they were playing a good team. Then you could tune in and watch 40,000 Cowboy fans cheer on their team pummeling the Falcons. At the time I assumed that this had to be the worst NFL market in the country. Then Vick came and he was supposedly the savior. I guess he was for a while; he certainly brought millions and millions in revenue. And I would bet that a lot of those fans insist he is innocent and the feds are racists who have a vendetta against Vick because he's a black QB.

I would never wish Vick's predicament on anyone but I'm hopeful that the Falcons can move on and get a real QB in the near future. Both as a FF player and as someone who loved the city and hated to see their fans depicted as buffoons who loved Vick (because there were plenty of smart fans who hated him and wanted him gone years ago).

• 2 months later...

ATLANTA -- In the latest indication that Michael Vick won't be returning to the Atlanta Falcons, the suspended quarterback has listed his suburban home here for sale, with a price tag of $4.5 million.

Vick purchased the sprawling lakefront home, which is in the exclusive Sugarloaf Country Club gated community in Duluth, Ga., and sits on a 1½-acre tract, in April 2005 for $3.8 million. It carries a monthly mortgage of $23,063 and the annual property taxes are $26,700.

The European-style home features a white, stucco exterior, Cathedral ceilings, eight bedrooms, 8½ baths, two fireplaces, hardwood floors, a two-story foyer and a garage for at least four cars. The home was built in 2004.

The home is listed with a local real estate agent.and featured on the Web site Realtor.com.

A source close to Vick said that, while the banished quarterback has not conceded that he won't resume his career with the Falcons at some point in the future, he has spent very little time lately in the Atlanta area."

What no jails in Atlanta?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...