[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reason #1025 that Peter King is an idiot

Bill Swerski

Not too hard to make it to 10 championships when he played back in the days when there were about 2 teams in the entire league.

But that's not his worst pick. How about Mike Furrey as a wideout on his All-Current team. :D

Graham is generally spoken of as easily one of the top ten QBs of all time. He also invented the face mask, which isn't nearly as impressive as coming as achamp from another league and winning the NFL, then appearing in 7 of 9 (or something stupid like that) Championship games.

His worst pick was having Ted Ginn Jr. as the Future Stars' Kick Returner. Ever heard of Devin Hester?

No Alan Page on Defense.... one of just 3 defensive players to be named MVP, 148 1/2 sacks, 218 games played with out missing one! 9 straight probowls..... King is an idiot!

Edited by T-Scorp

If anyone reads anything authored by Peter King, they ought to: 1) be fully prepared to be fully annoyed, 2) be fully prepared to have their IQs permanently lowered by 10-12 pts, and 3) stop b!tching about it because they were stupid enough to read it in the first place.

If anyone reads anything authored by Peter King, they ought to: 1) be fully prepared to be fully annoyed, 2) be fully prepared to have their IQs permanently lowered by 10-12 pts, and 3) stop b!tching about it because they were stupid enough to read it in the first place.

Pretty much. His prominence in the NFL community boggles my mind every time I think about it. So, I usually don't think about it.

Peter King is a very smart guy. Sometimes he takes football a little too seriously but with all the crazy yahoos out there it is nice to read someone who at least attempts to come to rational conclusions. His biggest problem is that he just doesn't know football. I must admit I do enjoy watching him try.

Pretty much. His prominence in the NFL community boggles my mind every time I think about it. So, I usually don't think about it.

It doesn't surprise me at all. That guys like King and Woody Paige among others elect each other to positions that have influence like they do despite repeatedly demonstrating that they understand very little about the sport, but through their own medium have created importance for themselves is clearly apparent.

The problem is that people like those populating this board read their crapola, which only enhances their importance and reinforces their opinions of themselves as some kind of God-king rulers of the sport.

don't make apologies for saying Don Hutson's better than Jerry Rice.

Trust me, I am a guy who shed a tear the day I had to concede this, but Jerry Rice IS better than Don Hutson.

Anyone saying Hutson isn't #2, however, had best be ready for :D

Now, calling Bronko Nagurski "the Ice Age Mike Alstott" deserves a punch in the throat.