[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge

BOARHOGZ

Five rushes for 11 yards this afternoon. Yes, he caught a TD pass from Leinart, but he was the second or third read. I wouldn't count on that happening very often. It's the 2.2 yards per carry that you should be focusing on. You would be a lot better off spending that late second or early third round pick on a guy like Brandon Jacobs or even Ahman Green.

Like I said before, the sheer volume of touches will produce mediocre RB2 numbers, but man...there is NO upside here.

Five rushes for 11 yards this afternoon. Yes, he caught a TD pass from Leinart, but he was the second or third read. I wouldn't count on that happening very often. It's the 2.2 yards per carry that you should be focusing on. You would be a lot better off spending that late second or early third round pick on a guy like Brandon Jacobs or even Ahman Green.

Like I said before, the sheer volume of touches will produce mediocre RB2 numbers, but man...there is NO upside here.

Well said. NONE.

Generally I agree with many of the points brought up in this thread, but a few stick out as plain old wrong.

1. MJD- young with a nice upside. If it wasn't for Taylor hanging around, he might be a top 6 RB.

Wrong. If Taylor wasn't there, the Jags would still use Greg Jones in certain situations. For now, until MJD proves he's an every-down back (unlikely), his value will stay pretty much where it is.

1. MJD is the backup to Fred Taylor.

If you want to get technical, sure. But otherwise... wrong. This is a pure 1a vs. 1b situation. MJD may be listed as second on the depth chart, but who would you rather have? I think we all know the answer, and if that's your answer too... you just said you'd rather have a team's backup than the team's starter, which is downright stupid. And you know it.

Guys, Edge is done. He may have a few solid games but the guy from Arizona is absolutely right. I jumped ship last year and wouldn't touch him with a pole.

And wrong again. Typical Seahonk myopic. By no means is Edge close to being done. But we'll let the stats speak for themselves.

Generally I agree with many of the points brought up in this thread, but a few stick out as plain old wrong.

Wrong. If Taylor wasn't there, the Jags would still use Greg Jones in certain situations. For now, until MJD proves he's an every-down back (unlikely), his value will stay pretty much where it is.

I don't think my statement was plain wrong. He'd have to prove that he could be an every down back, but I think he could do it with the absence of Taylor. So it is my opinion that if he had the chance to only be rested every so often, MJD could be in the group right behind LT, SJax, Gore, LJ. Just because that's how the situation is set up does not mean that a player couldn't be successful in a different role. That's how I feel about MJD after watching him last season.

I don't think Jones would/could be used to the same degree as Taylor currently is.

Edited by TDFFFreak