[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is Jaws smoking?

Randall

All Martin had to do was chip Allen there, and instead ran right by him. I agree with Jaws... I don't think he meant Martin was supposed to panckae the guy, just a chip to slow him down.... Allen had a free shot, because Martin completely whiffed..

All Martin had to do was chip Allen there, and instead ran right by him. I agree with Jaws... I don't think he meant Martin was supposed to panckae the guy, just a chip to slow him down.... Allen had a free shot, because Martin completely whiffed..

I agree totally and to have Jaws point that out, something that actually does have to do with football, rather than Theisman talk about some random dude paint so and so's horse trailer is a breath of fresh air.

You people that don't understand Kornheiser really crack me up. Jaws is great too btw, he has more info than Theismann and doesn't come across like such a smug jerk when explaining his information. I still think the best I have seen the monday night crew in a few years was when Wilbon stopped by last season.

You people that don't understand Kornheiser really crack me up.

Really? Okay, explain it to me so that I can keep you from repeatedly splitting your sides. I see almost no value to anything Kornholer adds to the broadcast, and am repeatedly annoyed by him.

Really? Okay, explain it to me so that I can keep you from repeatedly splitting your sides. I see almost no value to anything Kornholer adds to the broadcast, and am repeatedly annoyed by him.

I agree. I didn't like the Kornheiser move from the start. He adds nothing for me but comments that I already thought of.

I dig the Jaws move though.

I agree. I didn't like the Kornheiser move from the start. He adds nothing for me but comments that I already thought of.

I dig the Jaws move though.

For the football aficionados, true, Kornheiser has very little to offer, but then again, who does? What Kornheiser does just about better than anybody in the business is to apply common sense to what is going on on the field, so the viewer that really only watches maybe their homer team and the monday night game will have a dumbed-down version of some interesting things that are taking place in or around the particular game. Kornheiser explains the "whys", where somebody like Theismann can only explain the "whats". I enjoy the fact that he tries to make the less experienced fans "undertand" the game. I think this is important. I would much rather have a conversation with a casual fan that knows a little correct information than a lot about the crap that most announcers spew. If my grandma listened to Joe Theismann, she would not learn anything about the game or appreciate the game or athletes any more than she already did. Kornheiser tells us why we should love the game and or the athletes I think he is funny, classy, and incredibly intelligent in the way he presents his questions and information. He just isn't for the hardcore fans, but this is because he knows who his target audience is and tries his best to cater to these people.

What seems to be your issue with this analysis?

Putting really a large WR one on one with no help on one of the best DE in the league. Allen know he was probably going to be cut and avoided it.

It's too much to ask David Martin to do. I don't have anything against Jaws, but Martin needed help on that play. Whoever called that play needs to rethink it.

I don't care what Jaws says in his first MNF tryout during the preseason. He could read a fashion magazine out loud for all I care -- it's still better than Theezman.

Jaws will be fine. :D

I agree. I just thought the statement was a little over the top. I like Jaws and am glad he's there.

Edited by Randall

Putting really a large WR one on one with no help on one of the best DE in the league. Allen know he was probably going to be cut and avoided it.

It's too much to ask David Martin to do. I don't have anything against Jaws, but Martin needed help on that play. Whoever called that play needs to rethink it.

I agree. I just thought the statement was a little over the top. I like Jaws and am glad he's there.

Martin is a TE, so he should be able to chip Allen on that play, but he never even attempted it at all. It looked like Martin intentionally ran right past Allen... and this is what Jaws was talking about. Martin completely blew his assignment.

As for Kornholer, he does everything he can to talk about anything at all... unless it has something to to with football. He is like a fly buzzing around in the kitchen... and serves no purpose but to annoy his audience and his fellow announcers. He even gets all puffed up when they ignore his stupid comments. At one point at the end of the game, he started actually screaming over the play by play commentary. Never thought I'd say this.... I'd rather have to listen to Dennis Miller. I think the other two guys in the booth are very good.... but Kornholer ruins the broadcast.

As for Kornholer, he does everything he can to talk about anything at all... unless it has something to to with football. He is like a fly buzzing around in the kitchen... and serves no purpose but to annoy his audience and his fellow announcers. He even gets all puffed up when they ignore his stupid comments. At one point at the end of the game, he started actually screaming over the play by play commentary. Never thought I'd say this.... I'd rather have to listen to Dennis Miller. I think the other two guys in the booth are very good.... but Kornholer ruins the broadcast.

YEP. My sentiments exactly.

Martin is a TE, so he should be able to chip Allen on that play, but he never even attempted it at all. It looked like Martin intentionally ran right past Allen... and this is what Jaws was talking about. Martin completely blew his assignment.

He didn't get the job done but was never a good blocker. Besides that whoever thought putting him one on one against Allen was giving him a job he position he could accomplish. Show me other receiving TE's blocking Peppers or some of the top DE's.

He needs help. The tackle didn't even assist at all. Come on.

He didn't get the job done but was never a good blocker. Besides that whoever thought putting him one on one against Allen was giving him a job he position he could accomplish. Show me other receiving TE's blocking Peppers or some of the top DE's.

He needs help. The tackle didn't even assist at all. Come on.

You seem to be having trouble understanding what a chip block is. All Martin had to do was bump into Allen on that play, not block him, OK? And Jaws was right, that is a play Martin has to be able to make, but he didn't even try. Heck, I could have stood in the way and called it a chip block. in conclusion, I have to ask what are you smoking?

You seem to be having trouble understanding what a chip block is. All Martin had to do was bump into Allen on that play, not block him, OK? And Jaws was right, that is a play Martin has to be able to make, but he didn't even try. Heck, I could have stood in the way and called it a chip block. in conclusion, I have to ask what are you smoking?

As a Jets fan you should hope they keep Martin out there when they play the Jets. Putting him one on one with no help will cost Miami games.