[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick news getting worse

i_am_the_swammi

I thought I heard that his attorneys are split...he has like four? Two were for plea...and two were for fight....WHATEVER. Dude better plead quick while the charges do not include RICO charges.

If I were Vick, I would plea to get as little time in prison as possible and I would completely forget about playing in the NFL again. He has millions in assets and most likely millions in the bank as well, so he's pretty much set for life already (IF he invests wisely and doesn't spend like an idiot). Do your time, dump your thug friends, and move on with your life.

I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for this idiot. I mean, when your own MOTHER moves out because thinks that your entourage is too thugged-out, shouldn't that be a massive red flag? It's just amazing he badly he's lacking in common sense. It's downright sad.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Because when I'm walking down the sidewalk through skinhead territory I occassionally ask those guys to show me their junk. How else?

:D

Okay, just wanted to get that straightened out. So, uh, do the skinheads you meet on the street accomodate your request often...?

Okay, just wanted to get that straightened out. So, uh, do the skinheads you meet on the street accomodate your request often...?

Oh yeah... you'd be surprised at how accomodating neo-nazis can be. So, about Vick...

He has millions in assets and most likely millions in the bank as well, so he's pretty much set for life already (IF he invests wisely and doesn't spend like an idiot).

It would not surprise me if he has spent 90% of what he has made already, ASSuming the future would be rosy. If this goes to trial, don't be surprised if he's selling his assets to pay his lawyers, or if he's bankrupt in 5-10 years. Think about how ignorant you have to be to get yourself in a mess like this, and associate with these types of people in the first place. Investing wisely in mutual funds would not be consistent with this type of trash.

5 years per dog killed-

Falcons QB Vick To Face New Charges In Virginia

Steve Wyche, Atlanta Journal-Constitution - [Full Article]

Virginia Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday afternoon that "yes, indeed, we will prosecute" Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick and others on possible animal cruelty and dogfighting charges. Poindexter said he would probably submit his case to a grand jury that is scheduled to convene Sept. 25. He has not determined which charges he would file, but said he would aggressively prosecute Vick based on previously acquired evidence and some of the evidence presented in the federal case. Dogfighting and animal cruelty are felonies in Virginia with animal cruelty charges holding penalties of up to five years in jail for each animal killed. "The execution of these animals - and the manner in which they were executed - is startlingly offensive and demanding of prosecution," Poindexter said.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Miss Vicki. He is an adult. He made these decisions. He must face the concequences of his actions.

I'm guessing that by the time the Feds, the state of Virginia and his lawyers are done with him, he's not going to have a ton of cash left. Not to mention the $63,000,000,000 lawsuit filed against him by a Georgia inmate. (Vick has ties to terrorists! It's true!)

It would not surprise me if he has spent 90% of what he has made already, ASSuming the future would be rosy. If this goes to trial, don't be surprised if he's selling his assets to pay his lawyers, or if he's bankrupt in 5-10 years.

QUestion for the lawyer types, not those who search a google page and return as 'knowledgable' - if RICO charges are brought forth. Can teh Feds freeze his assets until after the trial, thereby derpiving him of cash for a hired defense and focring him into a public defender?

Thats kind of a gray area. He can prove income, because of his NFL contract. If there are other accounts with mysterious origens (or the property where the crimes were commited) those can absolutely be frozen and eventually seized.

Edited by Brownsfan420

Come on now Bill, you cannot be serious.

I'll feel sorry for him if he has the arrogance to take on the Feds, as it won't salvage his career and it'll just end up costing him more money (and not to mention the likelihood of more jail time). Given that he would almost certainly be found guilty on at least one charge and will serve at least a year in prison, it would be a monumentally-stupid decision on his part.

It would not surprise me if he has spent 90% of what he has made already, ASSuming the future would be rosy. If this goes to trial, don't be surprised if he's selling his assets to pay his lawyers, or if he's bankrupt in 5-10 years. Think about how ignorant you have to be to get yourself in a mess like this, and associate with these types of people in the first place. Investing wisely in mutual funds would not be consistent with this type of trash.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

5 years per dog killed-

Falcons QB Vick To Face New Charges In Virginia

Steve Wyche, Atlanta Journal-Constitution - [Full Article]

Virginia Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday afternoon that "yes, indeed, we will prosecute" Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick and others on possible animal cruelty and dogfighting charges. Poindexter said he would probably submit his case to a grand jury that is scheduled to convene Sept. 25. He has not determined which charges he would file, but said he would aggressively prosecute Vick based on previously acquired evidence and some of the evidence presented in the federal case. Dogfighting and animal cruelty are felonies in Virginia with animal cruelty charges holding penalties of up to five years in jail for each animal killed. "The execution of these animals - and the manner in which they were executed - is startlingly offensive and demanding of prosecution," Poindexter said.

Whoa. Okay now I have another question. Do the federal charges already cover the execution of the dogs, and if not, could this mean additional federal charges? It seems like the actual act of killing the dogs is a separate offense as far as the state is concerned. Is there a federal law that covers this, and if not, can VA prosecute this without it being double jeopardy?

This is REALLY getting ugly now. I'm starting to agree that he may never play again.

Whoa. Okay now I have another question. Do the federal charges already cover the execution of the dogs, and if not, could this mean additional federal charges? It seems like the actual act of killing the dogs is a separate offense as far as the state is concerned. Is there a federal law that covers this, and if not, can VA prosecute this without it being double jeopardy?

From what I've heard, Vick can face charges from the state and county as well. I don't know about the double-jeopardy aspect, but it sounds like the Feds are more interested in the gambling/transporting/racketeering charges than animal cruelty. So that may not be an issue here.

Mrs. Vick sure rasied two wonderful sons.

The last two years of actions by the Vick brothers should give anyone with two sons a shining example of what we hope our two boys DON'T turn out to be...

Poindexter said he would probably submit his case to a grand jury that is scheduled to convene Sept. 25.

What a horse's ass.

Last we heard of our ol' buddy Poindexter, he was refusing to move forward on this case and was calling the Feds racists because they stepped all over his ass in attempting to bring Vick to accounts.

Edited by Bronco Billy

What a horse's ass.

Last we heard of our ol' buddy Poindexter, he was refusing to move forward on this case and was calling the Feds racists because they stepped all over his ass in attempting to bring Vick to accounts.

It's the same guy that almost let the warrant lapse and the feds had to step in. Now he may be tired of being the horses ass and actually do his job.

We'll see. It looks like the charges will keep coming until he's gone a long time.

First dog fighting and possible racketeering and next animal killing and cruelty charges in Virginia.

This is REALLY getting ugly now. I'm starting to agree that he may never play again.

I am not a lawyer and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...nor did I do a google search...but here is what I think I remember. I think the Federal dog fighting law was passed in May of 2007. I think the feds won't be able to prosecute the cases preceeding this law because it would be ex post facto....however, the state can certainly prosecute those crimes that the feds don't. It wouldn't make any sense that the state can prosecute a person for the same crimes as the Feds....Federal courts trump the state circuit courts...therefore I believe that anything the feds try him for the states cannot. Just my opinion.

I am not a lawyer and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...nor did I do a google search...but here is what I think I remember. I think the Federal dog fighting law was passed in May of 2007. I think the feds won't be able to prosecute the cases preceeding this law because it would be ex post facto....however, the state can certainly prosecute those crimes that the feds don't. It wouldn't make any sense that the state can prosecute a person for the same crimes as the Feds....Federal courts trump the state circuit courts...therefore I believe that anything the feds try him for the states cannot. Just my opinion.

yea like gambling, racketeering, conspriacy involving crimes across state lines.... etc etc.

FORK PLEASE

Edited by RussMan

What a horse's ass.

MV stopped writing him checks when the Feds took over.

I hear alot of people saying that this wouldn't be all over the papers if MV weren't involved. The only reason the press and everyone else is all over this is because oh=f his celebrity. Well, :D When he signed his contract in the NFL, like it or not, he was put on a stage. He put people in the stands in Atlanta as well as around other NFL cities. He was, like it or not, looked up to by young kids and expected to be a role model. He should have never got involved in this sh*t in the first place, knowing he was being viewed in the public eye. That was the stupid thing he did, and now, he needs to made an example. I only hope that other professional athletes realize this and stay clean. If you hang with your posse ala Pacman, wipe your hands and move on. You are now a professional and it's time to start acting like one.

I wonder how much he has to pay his legal team after the plea. And if he has anything leftover at all, invest it in a "can't go wrong" way for at least a year as he won't be seeing it anyway.

Yep -- part of the justice in all this would be if his idiot posse has already consumed his fortune as he heads off to multiple years in prison ... :D

So much for the glamour of being a thug.