[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Peterson

Rovers

Peterson looked freakin spectacular against the Jets tonight. Aikman compared him to Eric Dickerson, and for a change, I think it's a good comparison. Tonight he had it all working... spin moves, power running, the whole thing. His lateral movement is unreal. I know it's just one preseason game, but man, I was blown away by his all around talent.

Sarge... don't waste yer time. I'm NOT going to move this kid. Not for Lynch and your 2008 #1 pick. Not even close. Lynch and Steve Smith, we can talk! :D

Peterson looked freakin spectacular against the Jets tonight. Aikman compared him to Eric Dickerson, and for a change, I think it's a good comparison. Tonight he had it all working... spin moves, power running, the whole thing. His lateral movement is unreal. I know it's just one preseason game, but man, I was blown away by his all around talent.

Sarge... don't waste yer time. I'm NOT going to move this kid. Not for Lynch and your 2008 #1 pick. Not even close. Lynch and Steve Smith, we can talk! :D

Peterson looked like he did at OU. This kid is going to be a great one.

LMMAO, Rovers, I have SA, LJ, Thomas Jones and Marshawn Lynch in a 16 team Dynasty League, with a mandatory start of 2 RB each week. Not to mention Tony Hunt. What do I need Peterson for. I can only start 3 RB each week.

I, nor anyone would deal Steve Smith straight up for Adrian Peterson, let alone give you Lynch as well.

My squad in this 16 team league.

Manning, Brady, Bradie Coyle, John Beck

Alexander, LJ, Thomas Jones, Marshawn Lynch, Tony Hunt

Steve Smith, Chris Chambers, Hines Ward, Mark Clayton

J Witten

R Gould, J Reed

IDP

J Abraham, J Peppers, J Henderson, J Anderson®, Matt Roth, Cory Redding, M Kiawuka, - start 3

K Bulluck, K Brooking, G Hayes, B James, M Wash, V Hobson - start 3

Roy Williams, B Dawkins, S Taylor, and a few other no names - start 2.

Sorry Pal, I plan on winning it all this yr, not rebuilding around youth. Good Luck with Peterson and nothing else.... :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Peterson looked like he did at OU. This kid is going to be a great one.

LMMAO, Rovers, I have SA, LJ, Thomas Jones and Marshawn Lynch in a 16 team Dynasty League, with a mandatory start of 2 RB each week. Not to mention Tony Hunt. What do I need Peterson for. I can only start 3 RB each week.

I, nor anyone would deal Steve Smith straight up for Adrian Peterson, let alone give you Lynch as well.

My squad in this 16 team league.

Manning, Brady, Bradie Coyle, John Beck

Alexander, LJ, Thomas Jones, Marshawn Lynch, Tony Hunt

Steve Smith, Chris Chambers, Hines Ward, Mark Clayton

J Witten

R Gould, J Reed

IDP

J Abraham, J Peppers, J Henderson, J Anderson®, Matt Roth, Cory Redding, M Kiawuka, - start 3

K Bulluck, K Brooking, G Hayes, B James, M Wash, V Hobson - start 3

Roy Williams, B Dawkins, S Taylor, and a few other no names - start 2.

Sorry Pal, I plan on winning it all this yr, not rebuilding around youth. Good Luck with Peterson and nothing else.... :D

Meh..... With your receivers I wouldnt give Smith straight up for Peterson either. You have your RB's covered so you dont have to. I can however see how that kind of deal could and would go down in just about any dynasty league!

Edited by tbimm

Meh..... With your receivers I wouldnt give Smith straight up for Peterson either. You have your RB's covered so you dont have to. I can however see how that kind of deal could and would go down in just about any dynasty league!

Steve Smith and Marshawn Lynch for Peterson. That is absolutely nuts. I'm the biggest AD homer on this site. And even I wouldnt give up S Smith and M Lynch if I needed a quality back. Lets not forget, Lynch is going to be solid. He doesnt have the elite speed AD does, but this QB situation in Minn is going to be in dire straights, and I wouldnt expect AD to be able to run on 8-9 man fronts often. Also, Chester Taylor will get a share of carries here, and is a better receiver out of the back field, though Ive heard AD has gotten better at this after leaving OU. Its one preseason game, and he did look impressive. But he isnt a 1st or 2nd round player in any leagues, imo. S Smith, certainly is, and Lynch maybe this time next yr.

Steve Smith and Marshawn Lynch for Peterson. That is absolutely nuts. I'm the biggest AD homer on this site. And even I wouldnt give up S Smith and M Lynch if I needed a quality back. Lets not forget, Lynch is going to be solid. He doesnt have the elite speed AD does, but this QB situation in Minn is going to be in dire straights, and I wouldnt expect AD to be able to run on 8-9 man fronts often. Also, Chester Taylor will get a share of carries here, and is a better receiver out of the back field, though Ive heard AD has gotten better at this after leaving OU. Its one preseason game, and he did look impressive. But he isnt a 1st or 2nd round player in any leagues, imo. S Smith, certainly is, and Lynch maybe this time next yr.

You said and I quote, " I nor anyone would give you Smith for Peterson straight up" I said that I could see that happening!

Last week, he wasn't very patient in looking for holes. I didn't see much of the game last night but he should add to the team this year.

The papers are still talking about how heavily used Chester was last year and how they are holding him back in preseason games this year. I don't think that will be a problem this year. Lol.

in regards to TJ....didn't the Vikings have a top run D last year?...

maybe they look to continue that?...

I have TJ just outside my top 10 at around 13 and I hope to get him....

I think the Jets will be a very competitive team when the season starts and be one of the teams that would make the playoffs in the NFC if they were there......but miss the playoffs because they are in the AFC...

in regards to TJ....didn't the Vikings have a top run D last year?...

maybe they look to continue that?...

I have TJ just outside my top 10 at around 13 and I hope to get him....

I think the Jets will be a very competitive team when the season starts and be one of the teams that would make the playoffs in the NFC if they were there......but miss the playoffs because they are in the AFC...

I think the Jets will be a good team as well. It sounded like Mangini worked their tails off this week and they didn't have much left for the game last night.

Rovers, how do feel about Pennington's game last night?

I'm not Rovers but I did watch most of the game.

Pennington looked a little lost and threw two ill-advised passes that turned into INT/TDs. He looks again like a serviceable, matchup type QB and should be considered due to his weapons - Jones, Washington, Coles, and Cotchery. I saw once again that Washington is a special back and if you're a TJ owner I wouldn't hesitate on grabbing him late. Coles was his usual solid self and Cotchery looks to be the real deal. Cotchery almost scored on a short pass after making several defenders miss but fell just short.

In terms of the Vikings D, every time I thought they were gassed and letting the Jets make a play they would come up with an INT and run it back for a TD. Pennington picked on CB Griffin for an entire drive that ended up in a field goal for the Jets.

Maybe it was Pennington shaking off the rust but I do recall the Vikes being a top 10 scoring D last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lean heavily on them again with Tavaris showing nothing.

:D When did Buffalo sign John Elway?

Peterson is going to be one of the top 5 in less than two years. If you can get him in a keeper/dynasty, I would definitely trade any WR and a young upside back for him. He is that talented, which I believe is worth the risk. Studs win fantasy championships. He is a stud.

Hey, I DID say it was only one preseason game.... but he displayed moves that for such a big back, I have never seen before... OK, Jim Brown had moves like that. Before anyone goes off, no, I'm not calling him the next Jim Brown either. I'm just saying he looked incredible in one preseason game, and I think he is indeed, the real deal.

For point of reference, Sarge is a big Oklahoma fan, and has asked me about Peterson a lot... so that was an inside joke.

As far as the Jets, and Pennington go, thank the football gods that was a preseason game. Turnover after tunover, it was a horrible display. Pennington will be OK, a nice bye week QB again. I've never seen him make so many mistakes, mental ones... an anomaly.

The Jets offense will revolve around outside running plays and short outside passes again. That offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL run blocking between the tackles. Stack that up against the Minny D line....

But back on point, with the already stated caveat that it was just one preseason game, Peterson looked stooooopid good. It would be very hard to pry him away from me in the one dynsaty I own him in.

Hey, I DID say it was only one preseason game.... but he displayed moves that for such a big back, I have never seen before... OK, Jim Brown had moves like that. Before anyone goes off, no, I'm not calling him the next Jim Brown either. I'm just saying he looked incredible in one preseason game, and I think he is indeed, the real deal.

For point of reference, Sarge is a big Oklahoma fan, and has asked me about Peterson a lot... so that was an inside joke.

As far as the Jets, and Pennington go, thank the football gods that was a preseason game. Turnover after tunover, it was a horrible display. Pennington will be OK, a nice bye week QB again. I've never seen him make so many mistakes, mental ones... an anomaly.

The Jets offense will revolve around outside running plays and short outside passes again. That offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL run blocking between the tackles. Stack that up against the Minny D line....

But back on point, with the already stated caveat that it was just one preseason game, Peterson looked stooooopid good. It would be very hard to pry him away from me in the one dynsaty I own him in.

I am hoping it was not an anomoly and the Vikes D is that good - I didn't watch the game. During training camp, they pretty much dominated most scrimages...