[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick: finally somebody gets it

BeeR

www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/sports.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-08-17-0143.html

Whatever Vick gets, rest assured it won't be enough. IMO.

Edit: link works for me but not from inside the msg board so deleted the http (cut n paste)

Edited by BeeR

He's persona non grata in the NFL... probably out of the league 2 years - life... The endorsement deals he's lost... A bit of jail time... The Falcons will almost certainly be coming after him for some of his last signing bonus... Its not all about jail time IMO.

I bet without looking you can't name one of his co-defendants. Ever think about that?

Purnell Peace, Quanis Phillips and Tony Taylor? I didn't look, promise.

And your point is? These guys weren't signed to 9-figure contracts to be the face and leader of an NFL franchise. The stature of the people involved is irrelevent. They committed felonies and should go to prison for it.

i hope he does go to trial and fight it... just so i can see him lose one last time.

I'd honestly hate to see this happen. If he were to fight it, I don't think for a second that the Feds wouldn't add RICO charges. If that were the case, Vick could be looking at 27+ years in jail instead of 5 years or less.

Justice wouldn't be served in that case, IMO of course.