[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has S.Alexander fallen this far in two years?

IrishPride

Alexander gets dinged for his age and coming off an injury that still has at least minor question marks around it. Just as important, he no longer has as good an offensive line as he did pre-'06 and that figures in as well. Lastly, SA got to romp twice annually over SF, STL and ARZ and those three teams are no longer the defensive doormats of the league - all three have improved while SEA hasn't even remained as good. SA is still the man in SEA and the offense revolves around him, but it is not nearly as wonderful as situation as it was 2005 and before.

And thanks for your service

Agree on all counts, the last one esp.

If he can come even close to prev years tho, somebody is gonna be mighty happen to get him as a steal in our auction lg.

I think the increase in the number of leagues that are ppr has also hurt SA's value. He just isn't involved in the passing game enough to be in the top five anymore. I also think the fact that he got paid affects him more than most.

Thanks for your service. I am glad you made it home safe.

After looking at SA's numbers during his last 8 games of the 2006 season (regular and post) after returning from the foot injury he averaged 106 yards and 0.88 TD's per game. Extrapolating that into 16 games equals 1696 rushing yards and 14 TDs.

I have him ranked near the 9-10 spot in PPR re-draft leagues, due to the obvious risks of age, health, etc..etc...He is still a lock to get about 75%+ of the carries. I'm just not seeing a well founded basis for the popular naysaying of a limited ceiling and questions of his work ethic.

Alexander gets dinged for his age and coming off an injury that still has at least minor question marks around it. Just as important, he no longer has as good an offensive line as he did pre-'06 and that figures in as well. Lastly, SA got to romp twice annually over SF, STL and ARZ and those three teams are no longer the defensive doormats of the league - all three have improved while SEA hasn't even remained as good. SA is still the man in SEA and the offense revolves around him, but it is not nearly as wonderful as situation as it was 2005 and before.

And thanks for your service

dont know about the stl and arizona run d's but judging from sf's first 2 preseasons games which made travis henry and l. jordon look like super studs, the sf d is still really really bad :D