[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Concern over Delhomme's play...

irish

Jake Delhomme - QB, Carolina Panthers

Carolina QB Jake Delhomme struggled in the Panthers Week 2 preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles Friday night. Delhomme was 9 of 18 for 78 yards and 1 interception and was sacked 3 times before giving way to newly acquired David Carr. "It's very disappointing," Delhomme said. "I don't even want to say I'm glad it's preseason. I don't know. We've still got a lot more work to do. When we go back and look at tapes, it's not a good feeling. Preseason or not, we played awful."

HUDDLE UP: Delhomme had a lackluster 2006 season which prompted the Panthers to acquire David Carr from the Houston Texans in the offseason. Fantasy owners should steer clear of Delhomme at this point since it is likely that he may lose his job to David Carr if he doesn't show improvement soon.

I have already stated my opinion in the Fantasy University '07 Forum much earlier in the summer of what will happen here, that Carr will take over at QB at some point. It seems as though it may be coming closer to a reality. Not too many will be overly concerned with not having Delhomme as a starting fantasy QB but what will the affect be on Steve Smith if Carr does become the starter?

Edited by irish

Jake Delhomme - QB, Carolina Panthers

Carolina QB Jake Delhomme struggled in the Panthers Week 2 preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles Friday night. Delhomme was 9 of 18 for 78 yards and 1 interception and was sacked 3 times before giving way to newly acquired David Carr. "It's very disappointing," Delhomme said. "I don't even want to say I'm glad it's preseason. I don't know. We've still got a lot more work to do. When we go back and look at tapes, it's not a good feeling. Preseason or not, we played awful."

HUDDLE UP: Delhomme had a lackluster 2006 season which prompted the Panthers to acquire David Carr from the Houston Texans in the offseason. Fantasy owners should steer clear of Delhomme at this point since it is likely that he may lose his job to David Carr if he doesn't show improvement soon.

I have already stated my opinion in the Fantasy University '07 Forum much earlier in the summer of what will happen here, that Carr will take over at QB at some point. It seems as though it may be coming closer to a reality. Not too many will be overly concerned with not having Delhomme as a starting fantasy QB but what will the affect be on Steve Smith if Carr does become the starter?

Be carefull what you you wish for... Carr didn't spend his career on his back just because of his line. His decision making is questionable, that's when he makes a decision that is.

I doubt that. While he may be tripping around the field at the moment, he's shown he DOES have the goods, whereas Carr rarely has shown more than flashes.

Delhomme will get on track, and while he may not match his 2005 numbers he'll remain the starter barring injury. I would also say that if he WERE to lose the starters job to Carr he would have it back after no more than two games.

Be carefull what you you wish for... Carr didn't spend his career on his back just because of his line. His decision making is questionable, that's when he makes a decision that is.

exactly...

I used to stick up for him and blame the OL because I thought he had talent based on the 1st half of the 2004 season....

he's never realized those numbers since that point since then...and even when he's had pretty good blocking...he just appears to be too picky or unable to read the defense....

of course being a QB on a losing team, you can't afford to be picky....so he must have trouble reading an NFL defense

I was pretty dissappointed with the team's effort yesterday and they just looked flat... That being said, it is preseason it is means absolutely nothing. The Panthers are tweaking their offense with new blocking schemes, trying to determine the best 5 OL to put out on the field. I would be surprised if the offense was clicking on all cylinders in the 2nd pre-season game.

Wait too early to be too concerned with Delhomme and the rest of the offense.