[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And Henry limps off

DMD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight, he looked like a completely different (in a bad way) RB than he did against the Niners.

Of course he did, they're playing the Cowboys. You can't compare the niners to the Boys. We're one of the best teams in the league and will be in the playoffs making a major run for the SB. We just might be the class of the NFC. :D

Tonight, he looked like a completely different (in a bad way) RB than he did against the Niners.

Its called ferocious D Darin..Ferocious D

Edited by whomper

Of course he did, they're playing the Cowboys. You can't compare the niners to the Boys. We're one of the best teams in the league and will be in the playoffs making a major run for the SB. We just might be the class of the NFC. :D

One of the best? Best of what? Top 2 or 3?

:D Not even the class of your division, and will need a WC slot to make the postseason - if you do. And if you do I hope they practice with the field goal unit more intensely this time around.

You do not replace Bill Parcells with Wade Phillips and become a better team.

:D Not even the class of your division, and will need a WC slot to make the postseason - if you do. And if you do I hope they practice with the field goal unit more intensely this time around.

Maybe we should get someone like "LovieI'mstickin'withGrossmanevenifitcostsustheSuperBowl" Smith.

We don't need Parcells. There's no doubt he made the team better than it was but the game had passed him by. The offense will be fine with Garrett and WP will make the defense way better than it was under Parcells. Bank on that. We will be in the playoffs regardless how we end up getting there and be a force to be reckoned with. Of course I was being a bit of a Homer before making my comments and most played along, including you Pope about the FG stuff, I'm impressed. It's a long season and who knows what surprises lie ahead. It'll be a ton of fun watching it all play out though.

Maybe we should get someone like "LovieI'mstickin'withGrossmanevenifitcostsustheSuperBowl" Smith.

:D

they say it is a sprained left knee

Gotta wonder how bad. Broncos have you been able to read any more lips to give us a update? :D

Dallas will compete for the division this year IMO..They arent world beaters but certainly have the tools to make some noise. Parcells is a hall of fame coach for sure but sometimes a team needs a coach better suited for a situation..Dallas finsihed off last year getting exploited and torched on D..If Wade can impliment a good scheme and Ellis comes back strong I dont see why Dallas cant make a run..Romo needs to prove himself but he absolutely has raw talent..He put that team on his back last year and if not for a fluke play could have possibly taken them to the 2nd rd of the playoffs. We shall see

Edited by whomper

Well, I see this got a few laughs, and it wasn't a fun game to lose but Lovie certainly cemented his relationship with players that he won't abandon them. Over time, that's a HUGH plus. Also, Griese hasn't looked good thus far, and was so-so last year so I'm not sure what the options were. Do running 7 yard outs win you a Super Bowl? I'm not so sure. The D let us down in that game as well, even though the Colts are tough to stop you can't aloow 30+ points and expect to win a game. Last I checked, Rex didn't play that position.

As for the game passing Parcells by, what a lovely cliche. I would venture to say that Parcells, like many coaches, works best in an environment where he is 'the man' and doesn't compete with an owner that divides a team's loyalty like Jerry Jones does. Your owner is the problem with the team in the end. Except for listening to Jimmy Johnson for a few years, he hasn't done much with this team except for riding out on the JJ leftovers from the Great Swindle known as the Herschel Walker Trade.

Edited by Pope Flick

Well, I see this got a few laughs, and it wasn't a fun game to lose but Lovie certainly cemented his relationship with players that he won't abandon them. Over time, that's a HUGH plus. Also, Griese hasn't looked good thus far, and was so-so last year so I'm not sure what the options were. Do running 7 yard outs win you a Super Bowl? I'm not so sure. The D let us down in that game as well, even though the Colts are tough to stop you can't aloow 30+ points and expect to win a game. Last I checked, Rex didn't play that position.

As for the game passing Parcells by, what a lovely cliche. I would venture to say that Parcells, like many coaches, works best in an environment where he is 'the man' and doesn't compete with an owner that divides a team's loyalty like Jerry Jones does. Your owner is the problem with the team in the end. Except for listening to Jimmy Johnson for a few years, he hasn't done much with this team except for riding out on the JJ leftovers from the Great Swindle known as the Herschel Walker Trade.

I agree that as much as JJ says he'll give his all for the team, I put him in the same category with Al Davis. A cancerous owner that infects the whole team and eventually needs to be gone. JJ will be able to control everything this year unlike when Bill was around. Like I said we'll see how it turns out.

The Parcells that coached in Dallas was NOT the Parcells that took all those other teams to the super bowls. In Dallas he was a tired old man going through the motions. His biggest weakness in Dallas was that during the game he could not figure out how to make game time adjustments, instead preferring to rely on the formula that he had used in the days of yesteryear.

Personally I was glad to see Parcells go.

Now I not necessarily a big Phillips fan but I DO believe that Dallas may indeed be a better team with him versus Parcells. Why? If Phillips can take the Dallas defense to the next level the Cowboys WILL win at least one playoff game.

It amazes me how many think Parcells walks on water as a coach based on his performance more than a decade ago.

Edited by Grits and Shins