[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And Henry limps off

DMD

I agree that as much as JJ says he'll give his all for the team, I put him in the same category with Al Davis.

I disagree. I hate that JJ goes on the sidelines and plays cheerleader in the 4th quarter. I love that he ain't afraid to spend his $$. The guy wants to win the Super Bowl as bad as any owner in the league. He made a few BAD HC hirings for sure , but I don't think he's a "cancer".

Edit to add: by bad coach hirings I was'nt implying Phillips. I like this hiring and am looking forward to the season

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scary moment for Travis Henry and something to keep an eye on.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sectio...&id=2980884

Clipped from the AP story:

IRVING, Texas -- Denver running back Travis Henry sprained his left knee in the

second quarter of the Broncos' preseason game against Dallas on Saturday night.

Henry ran for 25 yards on 10 carries and lost a fumble on Denver's 7. He gained a

yard on first-and-goal from the 3 on the play he was injured. Henry later walked

to the locker room with an ice pack on his knee.

It wasn't an "ugly" knee injury by any stretch. No weird bending or anything like

that you could see. He plowed forward into the pile and came up limping. He limped

off the field at a quick pace and was able to put plenty of weight on the leg.

Although to be fair, that doesn't mean he's OK. We've seen it before where players

walk off with a knee injury.

The team thinks it's a 1st degree sprain of his MCL.

Coach Mike Shanahan was asked if he thought Henry would be ready for Week 1 of the

regular season and Shanahan said that not only did he think Henry would be ready

for Week 1, he might be ready for the next preseason game.

Obviously, this is a preliminary report from the locker room on Saturday night after

the game but it sounds encouraging. We'll know more here soon.

Mike Bell and Cecil Sapp have been working behind Henry. Bell has a hip strain so

he's not exactly healthy. And Sapp has been the guy looking impressive in camp. If

Henry were to be limited, it's tough to say right now whether it would be Bell or

Sapp to benefit the most. It's likely both would have a role. But for now, let's hope

Henry is OK.

Is Cedric Cobbs still in DEN somewhere?

From rototimes.com:

May 2, 2007

The Broncos cut ties with Cedric Cobbs on Monday, according to the Denver Post. Cobbs saw action in just two games for the Broncos in 2006, carrying three times for nine yards. His release means that Texas running back Selvin Young, whom the Broncos recently signed, or Andre Hall could emerge as the team's No. 3 back.

see, from what i saw on the door, i thought this was gonna be a thread about travis henry. but i look and it's just a cowboys fan circle jerk. :wacko:

yeah, "the game has passed parcells by"....wade phillips is gonna take us to the promised land! :D

all's i know for sure is, michael vick would have scored :D

Yeah but you have to get your team in that position to begin with to have a chance to score. Oh wait he'll never have that opportunity again. Never mind. :wacko:

Yeah but you have to get your team in that position to begin with to have a chance to score. Oh wait he'll never have that opportunity again. Never mind. :D

but now it's all speculation as to whether it's due to skill or poor ability to control his possie...... one thing is for sure, poor decision maker on and off the field

wade phillips has bigger manboobs than parcells. and we all know, manboobs is what makes a great coach. tom landry kept his under wraps with a rather severe sports bra, but they were there, my friend. they were there.

BJ will you change the name of this thread to wade vs bill.

Dallas will compete for the division this year IMO..gee, that's true for just about any team at this stage...way to go out on a limb there.They arent world beaters but certainly have the tools to make some noise.And this makes them different than other teams how?...there are a ton of teams that can make "noise". Parcells is a hall of fame coach for sure but sometimes a team needs a coach better suited for a situation..Dallas finsihed off last year getting exploited and torched on D..If Wade can impliment a good scheme and Ellis comes back strong I dont see why Dallas cant make a run..Romo needs to prove himself but he absolutely has raw talent..He put that team on his back last year and if not for a fluke play could have possibly taken them to the 2nd rd of the playoffs. We shall see

They aren't close to the Bears in talent. Probably better playmakers on offense, but not on the side of the ball where Championships are won. Not even close.

gee, that's true for just about any team at this stage...way to go out on a limb there.

While technically this is true you know exactly what I mean . I see Dallas as a team that can legitimately go deep this year. Sure every team starts off with the same opportunity but I guess you dont think any teams are rebuilding this year .

And this makes them different than other teams how?...there are a ton of teams that can make "noise"

Thats true as well..I just like my teams chances..No need to get your panties in a bunch . I think Romo is a playmaker, I like our rb tandem, I like our Wrs and T/Es and as I said Wade can be the Coach we needed because of our struggles on D last year. I never called him Lombardi I just said he is a great Defensive mind and we were weak in that area..If he can solidify the D and Garret is all he is touted to be on O I like the new coaches we have and feel we have the talent to be a very good football team this year

They aren't close to the Bears in talent. Probably better playmakers on offense, but not on the side of the ball where Championships are won. Not even close

Yep..The Bears have one of the best Ds in the league..Good luck with your unproven RB ,horrific qb ,and Marginal wrs . The Colts proved you can win with adequate D and strong O..And they proved it against your vaunted D.

Edited by whomper