[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I play in this "shady" league?

Vito29

League starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 PK & 1 Team DST.

This is my third year (if I decide to play this year) playing in this league. Last year, league owners decided that in addition to our FF playoffs, we would have a "toilet bowl" (for the teams that didn't make the playoffs) and the winner of the toilet bowl, would get the 1st pick in this year's draft (FYI, my team made the FF playoffs last year & lost in the semifinals).

Our commish just sent all league owners an email stating that two owners from last year were not returning and that we will have two "new" owners for this year.

I am fine with last years "toilet bowl" winner having the 1st pick; however, I am not in agreeance with the commish's decision that the two "new" owners will automatically get the 2nd and 3rd pick. That leaves us remaining seven owners with option of getting the 4th through 10th pick.

So there goes LT, S-Jax & potentially LJ, Gore or Addai off the board. Now I know by reading the Fantasy Football: The Next Level book, that one player alone will not win you a FF championship; however, I don't think its fair that the first 3 picks from the draft will not be available to the other league owners.

What do you think? Am I making such a big deal out of all this? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

A few years ago, I did some rather exhaustive study where I compared players avg draft spots vs their stats at the end of the season. I was looking for a trend and really found one that revealed absolutely no drop-off in success rates from the top 6 picks to the next 6 picks, a decent drop-off to the next 6 picks, and a huge drop-off to the next 6.

This was based on a 5 year sample using several major website's avg draft spots. The thing is, there was not a very big deviation. So it's not like these results were so much an average, but a rather consistent occurrence. Long story short, the back half of the first round in 10 or 12 team leagues is really not a bad place to be.

Toilet Bowl winner gets #1 pick, that's not in question here I know. But to be fare, and it is a redraft, all 9 other owners should draw to see who gets #2-#10. Did the owners vote on this or did the commish just make the rule up without consulting with anyone else? If that is the case, all remaining teams should poit that out to him before you have the drawing. After that, it's too late IMO. It will just become much more difficult to deal with.

Toilet Bowl winner gets #1 pick, that's not in question here I know. But to be fare, and it is a redraft, all 9 other owners should draw to see who gets #2-#10. Did the owners vote on this or did the commish just make the rule up without consulting with anyone else? If that is the case, all remaining teams should poit that out to him before you have the drawing. After that, it's too late IMO. It will just become much more difficult to deal with.

The Commish just made up this rule w/o consulting with anyone else...I spoke with several other owners & they agree that it isn't fair. Several of us owners will speak to the commish this week to come up with an alternative. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the replies.

League starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 PK & 1 Team DST.

This is my third year (if I decide to play this year) playing in this league. Last year, league owners decided that in addition to our FF playoffs, we would have a "toilet bowl" (for the teams that didn't make the playoffs) and the winner of the toilet bowl, would get the 1st pick in this year's draft (FYI, my team made the FF playoffs last year & lost in the semifinals).

Our commish just sent all league owners an email stating that two owners from last year were not returning and that we will have two "new" owners for this year.

I am fine with last years "toilet bowl" winner having the 1st pick; however, I am not in agreeance with the commish's decision that the two "new" owners will automatically get the 2nd and 3rd pick. That leaves us remaining seven owners with option of getting the 4th through 10th pick.

So there goes LT, S-Jax & potentially LJ, Gore or Addai off the board. Now I know by reading the Fantasy Football: The Next Level book, that one player alone will not win you a FF championship; however, I don't think its fair that the first 3 picks from the draft will not be available to the other league owners.

What do you think? Am I making such a big deal out of all this? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

:D Auction!