[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Things we do / do not know

muck

Reggie Williams?

Matt Jones?

Neither of them have even come close to living up to their billing (for completely different reasons). I've heard that the coaches are becoming less and less impressed with each of them (for completely different reasons).

Earnest Wilford?

He's over produced from what would have been expected of him when he was a rookie, but the fact remains that he's slow.

Are any of these guys going to do ever step up as the #1 in JAX?

I read here on the boards by JAX homers that they have faith in Williams with Leftwitch back in the mix and in desparate need for a big year with his contract up. Many others seem to disagree and Williams and Jones have burned me in past years. I would consider them very deep in a draft but am not holding my breath on them. Neither seem to have done much in their preseason.

If I were to draft any of them, it would be Reggie Williams, but only as a very late round sleeper pick. Also, Mike Walker is worth a very late round flier.

The situation is a mess, none of those guys are worth a spot in the first 10 rounds.

The situation will be more clearly spelled out in the last preseason game... but week one they won't even have to pass to beat the titties, they will just run down their throat all day.

I'm very pleased to see Wilford (since I've had him on a dynasty roster since he was a rookie) finally getting a shot at being a starting WR, instead of sitting behind pretty boys whose game is all style & little substance.

He's a good last round pickup in deeper leagues, where he'll be available in almost any kind of redraft/keeper league.

Edited by Bronco Billy

None of them seem to offer any consistency and are destined to under acheive expectations. Matt Jones appears to be the most explosive but like the others he disappears for long stretches. They all have the dropsies as well which is frustrating. I could only snag Williams or Jones as a WR4 or WR5 but definately not a WR to depend on.

Matt Jones appears to be the most explosive

Me thinks you have listened to too many people who have never really seen him play. Matt Jones is a QB who sucks as a wide receiver.

Reggie is a very good downfield blocker, plus he has a raport with lefty.

Edited by H8tank

I have been targeting Reggie Williams for a late round pickup, but I've started hearing grumblings ranging from not making the team to being the clear cut #1. :D

Matt Jones appears to be the most explosive

Don't know about that...Matt Jones seems like he could become a Joe Jurevicius type WR.

I have been targeting Reggie Williams for a late round pickup, but I've started hearing grumblings ranging from not making the team to being the clear cut #1. :D

...hence my desire to start this thread...

Edited by muck

I picked up Leftwitch as my 2nd QB and I'm hoping I can actually rely on him a little. I'm extremely uneasy about him as his WR's just haven't produced. Why do I think that will change? Actually I don't. Like I said, I'm concerned.

Edited by NAUgrad

I picked up Leftwitch as my 2nd QB and I'm hoping I can actually rely on him a little. I'm extremely uneasy about him as his WR's just haven't produced. Why do I think that will change? Actually I don't. Like I said, I'm concerned.

You're making the assumption that Leftwich hasn't been reliable because his WRs haven't produced? That's a pretty big leap of faith. He did have Jimmy Smith (a potential Hall of Famer) for three years.

I'd lean the opposite route. Jacksonville's WRs haven't been productive because their QB sucks.

Edited by PaulOttCarruth

You guys are leaving out the guy who has made the most noise: Charles Sharon. A 2nd year man who was injured last season and in the doghouse this off-season has climbed all the way to the #3 role. He had a stellar game the other night. It wouldn't surprise me to see him as #1 before the season is out, and as high as #2 for week 1...

Me thinks you have listened to too many people who have never really seen him play. Matt Jones is a QB who sucks as a wide receiver.

Reggie is a very good downfield blocker, plus he has a raport with lefty.

Well if I had to pick out of this group of WR's, I definately would take Matt Jones.....hence Matt Jones appears to be the most explosive. He's the fastest of the group and should make big plays. That does mean explosive right?

Note that I just cut both Matt Jones and Reggie Williams.

I was growing tired of trying to figure the whole situation out.

[NOTE: In the salary cap contract league in which I used to have those two guys, I already had Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Randy Moss, Marques Colston, Reggie Brown and Vincent Jackson and we can only start four WRs. So, I cut them to avoid headaches down the road.]

Yep. He's listed as starting on the depth chart opposite Wilford right now.

The fact that Dennis Northcutt is starting should tell you everything you need to know about the Jaguars receivers. As a couple of others have mentioned, the most promising guys (Williams, Sharon) are burried on the depth chart right now.

Having said that, I like Wilford as a player. I see no reason to go out and draft him for FFL purposes, but I admire his effort and work ethic.