[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you had a draft this weekend did any suprises happen?

jhusted

Where did LJ go?

Where is SA go?

Was there anyone picked way to early?

Julius Jones at 2.08, but then again this is an East texas league. :D

What was the steal of the draft?

I thought I had a few of them:

6.09 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

7.04 Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR

8.09 Norwood, Jerious ATL RB

11.04 Jones, Kevin DET RB

12.09 Foster, De'shaun CAR RB

13.04 Campbell, Jason WAS QB

14.09 Williams, Reggie JAC WR

AP at 6.09 is a steal..... Norwood too. NICE

Where did LJ go?

Where is SA go?

Was there anyone picked way to early?

What was the steal of the draft?

Thanks

10 team keeper league. Keep 1 offensive player, one IDP, plus one '06 rookie. A typical team started with LT/SJax/Gore, Bush/MJD/Maroney, plus a stud LB. So most of the good RBs are already gone.

Many, many surprises.

Portis at 1.4 -- Westbrook, Brown, Benson, Edge, T. Jones still on the board

Adrian Peterson at 2.3 -- We get to keep a rookie, but this seemed like a huge reach for a guy that gets nicked up a lot. Lynch went at 2.7.

Deion Branch at 3.3, ahead of Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Driver and a lot of others better than him.

Julius Peppers at 4.1 -- First IDP off the board, by more than a full round. Mike Peterson, Briggs, Pierce, Fletcher and Vilma, among others would start going in the 5th.

Andre Johnson at 4.4 -- I grabbed him as my 3rd WR, great value here I thought.

Romo at 5.6 -- This owner kept Peyton Manning and passed on a middle tier RB or top 20 WR here.

Norwood at 6.4 -- My steal of the draft #1. My #4 RB.

Betts at 14.4 -- My steal of the draft #2, and I think the biggest steal of the draft. My #5 RB was the 12th best in our league last year. The Portis owner scoffed at me when I asked if he considered Betts. :D

An interesting sidebar is that the LT and SJax owners finished #1 and 2 last year and did not bother to handcuff their stud backs. Turner and Leonard were drafted in the late rounds, so an untimely injury could mean a big shakeup in the league this year.

Everyone of those picks was at a nice value. I scooped up Reggie Williams in the 15th round of one drafts but then read a report that he was going to get cut by the Jags as he's really struggling. Anyone have any info on that? H8?

Edited by irish

Everyone of those picks was at a nice value. I scooped up Reggie Williams in the 15th round of one drafts but then read a report that he was going to get cut by the Jags as he's really struggling. Anyone have any info on that? H8?

Hadn't read that yet. I'd also like to know if any homers have any other info on this. James Jones is still available and looked pretty damn good the other night. :D

We had a couple of big surprises in our 12 team league. Standard scoring, no reception points.

I had 6th pick and expected the typical top 5 to go ahead of me and I would end up with Willie Parker. We could keep one person drafted after the 5th round last year, so I already had Addai.

LT first, SJax second, SA third, .........Marvin Harrison 4th!!!!!!! Then Westbrook went 5th. I had both Gore and LJ fall to me at 6. I took Gore. LJ didn't go until 9th.

Same guy that took Harrison 4th took Dallas Clark in the 3rd. With 6th pick my first 3 choices were Gore, CJohnson, and Fitzgerald to go with Addai.

I got LJ at 1.6 and i think SA went 1.4. The biggest surprise was my buddy (who i have a $100 bet with on who has the better record) picked manning with his first and palmer with his second picks! He ended up with Ronnie Brown and Edge as his top two RBs. I called him an idiot, but he is thinking trade bait later in the season.

Why is Norwood not getting any love? He averaged 6.3 YPC last year, Vick is going to prison, and his only competition is a 32 year old coming off of back surgery. Given that late round sleepers win championships, I'm surprised that so many guys opt for "safer" guys with low ceilings instead of swinging for the fences.

Just a few I grabbed in a 12 team league:

J. Norwood - 7.01

D. Foster - 9.01 (he's perfect trade bait for me as he will be the #1 when the season starts)

Arnaz Battle - 14.12 (everyone looked at me like I was stupid. One guy even said "wow, that was a reach")

I drafted 1, and by the time it got back to me in round 4, 10 of the other 11 teams all had QBs. Needless to say I had some great talent fall in my lap and I waited till round 10 to finally select my QB.

Who did you get in 10?

Edited by peepinmofo

LJ 1.3

SA1.9

I am dissapointed with my draft. PPR re-draft league, 12 teams. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, 1 SpTMy for 4 were:

1.10 = Ronnie Brown

2.3 = Travis Henry

3.10 = Andre Johnson

4.3 = Lee Evans

I took a lot of risk there and didn't mean too.

Why is Norwood not getting any love? He averaged 6.3 YPC last year, Vick is going to prison, and his only competition is a 32 year old coming off of back surgery. Given that late round sleepers win championships, I'm surprised that so many guys opt for "safer" guys with low ceilings instead of swinging for the fences.

That's what I was thinking. Has he been named the starter or is it still Dunn? If Norwood does start, I wonder if Patrino favors a two back system or if he sticks with one guy.

Edited by FishFreak

Who did you get in 10?

Favre - though I made a deal today, Favre and Tatum Bell for Vince Young. There is still some talent on the waiver wire, its a 12 man league, but NFL.com only allows 14 players on each roster. This gent is throwing out LJ and B Jacobs every week, with Morency and Chris Henry as his only backups.

Why is Norwood not getting any love? ...his only competition is a 32 year old coming off of back surgery.

Jason Snelling. Dark horse for Falcons starting RB. Sounds to me like the coaching staff is high on him. He fits the Petrino bruising back profile.

Any Atlanta fans got any insight? Please tell me if I'm hallucinating? I should probably start a new thread....

Just a few I grabbed in a 12 team league:

J. Norwood - 7.01

D. Foster - 9.01 (he's perfect trade bait for me as he will be the #1 when the season starts)

Arnaz Battle - 14.12 (everyone looked at me like I was stupid. One guy even said "wow, that was a reach")

I agree on Battle-surprised he hasn't been talked about as a sleeper.

A guy I work with was talking to me today, complaining about all the guys in the league taking all of the RB's so he had to settle for "the rb from Cincinnati" as his RB. Turns out the moan used his 1.4 to pick Manning :D

This dude used to be in my local....so wish he'd have stayed :D