[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you had a draft this weekend did any suprises happen?

jhusted

Andre Johnson at 4.4 -- I grabbed him as my 3rd WR, great value here I thought.

You should be charged with the crime of theft. This year he will be a good #1 IMHO with Schaub at the helm.

My local is an auction using a $300 cap. I snagged Kevin Jones for $10 and LaMont Jordan for $12. Who knows how they will pan out, but if one steps up and returns to form, this is the kind of move than can win a title. I was stunned that they went for so little.

Where did these two go in drafts? Anyone?

My local is an auction using a $300 cap. I snagged Kevin Jones for $10 and LaMont Jordan for $12. Who knows how they will pan out, but if one steps up and returns to form, this is the kind of move than can win a title. I was stunned that they went for so little.

Where did these two go in drafts? Anyone?

I've seen Jones have an ADP of 74-98 and Jordan 59-90 in various drafts. $10 and $12 is very cheap.

You should be charged with the crime of theft. This year he will be a good #1 IMHO with Schaub at the helm.

I took him at 4.09. But looking back I guess I should consider myself lucky, since I actually wore my AJ jersey TO THE DRAFT! :D

I drafted from the 8 hole in FOUR different Mock drafts (pretty standard performance scoring with 1 PPR) this weekend (I draft from 8 in my pay league and was able to "choose" this spot ahead of time). In all of my years playing, the strange thing is that I almost always have a top or bottom three pick so I wanted to get a feel of this spot.

I also really liked the thought behind the Drafting from the basement article and wanted to try it out.

What most suprised me was that Andre Johnson was available at 3.8 in all four drafts. I'm not saying that I should have been suprised, but after reading the article and creating a draft strategy based off of these principals, it was a bit of a suprise.

In all four drafts, I was able to get Bush (PPR should help) as my RB #1 , then either Chad Johnson or Harrison as WR #1 at 2.5. I then rolled up on Andre and took him in all four drafts at 3.8 and then got McAllister or Norwood as my #2 back. At 5.8 I would go with best available WR or RB and then draft a QB in round six, getting Kitna tweice and Rivers twice. I think Kitna here was also a bit of a suprise.

After round six, it was pretty mush business as usual for the middle and end rounds. Mostly trying to start runs or get in on the front of them.

After six rounds my teams looked like this:

RB - Bush, Bush, Bush, Bush

WR - CJ, Marvin, CJ, Marvin

WR - Andre J. (all four) in

RB - Duece, Julius, Duce, Julius

WR/RB - Branch, Barber, Caddy WIlliams, D. Henderson

QB - Rivers, Kitna, Kitna, Rivers

Any feedback on this strategy? Appreciated.

Edited by McBoog

I had a choice in a 10-team league between draft positions 5 and 9. I chose 9, thinking the top four would be gone and wanting to secure a top WR on the way back. Here is how the first round went:

LT

Jackson

Addai - Owner #3 is apprehensive on both LJ (holdout) and Gore (injury). :D

LJ

Gore

Alexander

Rudi

Henry

S. Smith - I wanted one of 3 RB's at this point, and decided to pick the top WR, since one of the 3 would definitely make it back to me.

Tenth spot took Maroney and Westbrook.

I then got Parker at the 2.2 spot.

My roster ended up:

McNabb 7.9

Leinart 9.9

Parker 2.2

T. Jones 3.9

Norwood 5.9

Dunn 6.2

S. Smith 1.9

R. Williams 4.2

D. Branch 8.2

T. Gonzalez (no TE required) 10.2

J. Porter 12.2

Scobee 11.9

We start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, and a kicker.

I got LJ at 1.6 and i think SA went 1.4. The biggest surprise was my buddy (who i have a $100 bet with on who has the better record) picked manning with his first and palmer with his second picks! He ended up with Ronnie Brown and Edge as his top two RBs. I called him an idiot, but he is thinking trade bait later in the season.

why not just draft the guy you would be happy trading for?

Just a few I grabbed in a 12 team league:

J. Norwood - 7.01

D. Foster - 9.01 (he's perfect trade bait for me as he will be the #1 when the season starts)

Arnaz Battle - 14.12 (everyone looked at me like I was stupid. One guy even said "wow, that was a reach")

I hope our owners sleep on Arnaz Battle. He's going to have a nice year. 72 / 1,040 / 9

Had my local 12 team non PPR performance, head to head league draft last night. I had the 5th pick and could not believe what happened. LT obviously went 1.01, but in a million years even the most homerest of homers would not guess what the whack job at 1.02 drafted. TONY FREAKING ROMO went 1.02 in my local :D . I sh#t you not. I about fell out of my chair. 1.03 went LJ and the 4 man got a gift with Sjax. I took Gore and ended up with C. Benson in the 2nd round (kind of a homer pick but I don’t think too much of a reach). I’ve known most the guys in my local for years but I’ve never met the Dallas homer. I understand you like your team, but taking Romo 1st round and then TO 2nd round…He ended up snagging Edge in round 3, but I wish he was in my division with counting on a Cardinal for #1RB output (he took MBIII for his #2 and we start 2RBs, 2WRs, and a flex). There were 9 freakin QBs taken by the end of the 3rd round. I couldn’t believe people like Hasselback and Vince Young were going in the 3rd (I waited until the 6th round and ended up with Kitna). I don’t have the exact rounds I took everyone in but this is the team I ended up with. It was so unlike any of the mocks I’d done, it almost made it harder. Random reaches all over the board just make it kind of a crapshoot.

QB: Kitna / Grossman – little scary

RB: Gore / C. Benson / A. Peterson / D. Foster / V. Morency <- was my last pick in the 15th round.

WR: S. Smith (3.05) / Lee Evans / Chris Chambers / San. Holmes

TE: Shockey

K: Jason Hanson –DET

DST: Jaguars / Panthers

No teams perfect, but I’m better off than I was last year at this time.