[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears

gbpfan1231

C'mon - be fair to the kid. He didn't get TC his rookie year because he was buried on the charts with ZERO expectation he'd play. He had a disaster game against Cinci and wasn't ASKED to throw the ball more than 20 yards.

Orton threw several 20+ yd balls against DET that year and it was obvious that his arm wasn't very strong at all.

Orton may be a better option that Griese at this point (haven't been watching TC), but I haven't seen any evidence that he's an NFL starter.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Packer Bear game could be an interesting game on October 7th.

2 very good defenses against two very different QB's - Favre thinks he can make evry play which may get him in trouble and kill every drive - Grossman who has zero confidence which will kill every drive.

Prediction - Hester will return one kick/punt to the GB 43 yard line and Chicago kicks a 60 yard field goal to win 3-0 - and that is why I did not take Pope's bet.

Actually should be a great game and I am very happy to already have tix in hand.

Orton threw several 20+ yd balls against DET that year and it was obvious that his arm wasn't very strong at all.

Orton may be a better option that Griese at this point (haven't been watching TC), but I haven't seen any evidence that he's an NFL starter.

I chalked some o fthat up to the 'Oh Sh!T!" factor he was no doubt processing

Have you seen the 12 ounce curls programs he's been working on since?

David Carr would be a decent option in Chicago? Um, no.

Hard to argue with in depth analysis like that...

If I were the Bears, I would have certainly brought Carr in. Houston sucked on all accounts and blaming that on Carr is foolish. The simple fact is this, the Bears were absolutely not set at QB with Grossman. He personally had more turnovers than 18 teams last year (saw that stat last night). Think about that for a second. Then think about how many of those TOs were simply the kind of stuff that experience doesn't fix. You can write pulling away from center without the ball a bunch of times to jitters but that's the kind of thing a pro gets over after like 2-3 games.

Honestly, Garcia might not be a good fit for the Bears, but that doesn't change the fact that they have an absolute stiff at QB and were in no position to stand pat. I would have rolled the dice with Carr in a second if I was them.

I chalked some o fthat up to the 'Oh Sh!T!" factor he was no doubt processing

Have you seen the 12 ounce curls programs he's been working on since?

Orton's put on a ton of weight? I haven't really noticed.

EDIT: Are you referring to the infamous pictures from the bars of Iowa City that were posted on the web a couple of years ago?

Hard to argue with in depth analysis like that...

If I were the Bears, I would have certainly brought Carr in... The simple fact is this, the Bears were absolutely not set at QB with Grossman.

I don't think that pushing Rex, who suffers from a glaring lack of confidence, would've been the right thing to do. And I don't see how Carr is an upgrade over Griese or Orton.

If I were Jerry Angelo and wanted an upgrade at QB, I'd offer the Eagles Mark Anderson and a first-round pick for McNabb. The Bears need a PROVEN veteran at QB, not some inexpensive guy who didn't pan out on a bad team. Their window of opportunity will be closing soon.

Houston sucked on all accounts and blaming that on Carr is foolish.

Detroit sucked on all accounts, but it didn't mean that Joey Harrington was a gem on a bad team. Carr had five seasons and some halfway decent offensive skill-position talent (Andre Johnson, Domanick Davis) and didn't do anything to make a case for him being a starting NFL QB. What does it tell you that Carr couldn't find a starting job anywhere, with teams like the Raiders, Chiefs, and Dolphins desperate for a starting QB?

Edited by Bill Swerski

Carr had five seasons and some halfway decent offensive skill-position talent (Andre Johnson, Domanick Davis) and didn't do anything to make a case for him being a starting NFL QB. What does it tell you that Carr couldn't find a starting job anywhere, with teams like the Raiders, Chiefs, and Dolphins desperate for a starting QB?

Come on Bill, Carr never had a chance in Houston. He never had an o-line that gave him more then 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. Carr was sacked 76 times as a rookie. That is almost 5 times a game. It didn't get much better any of the last 4 seasons either.

Yeah, Andre Johnson is a stud but Domanick Davis? Are you kidding me? He had one good year. I really believe if Houston worked on their O-line Carr could have been a very good QB.

And BTW, why would Oakland, Kansas City, and Miami sign Carr and put him in a similar situation as he had in Houston. Miami and Oakland have horrible o-lines and Kansas City took a big hit to their o-line this year too.

Come on Bill, Carr never had a chance in Houston. He never had an o-line that gave him more then 2 seconds to get rid of the ball. Carr was sacked 76 times as a rookie. That is almost 5 times a game. It didn't get much better any of the last 4 seasons either.

J.P. Losman played on a similarly-crappy offense (one good WR and no other solid receiving options, 25th-ranked in rushing, below-average line) last year, yet managed to throw for over 3,000 yds (63%) and 19 TDs. That's three more TDs than Carr has ever thrown in a single season.

And BTW, why would Oakland, Kansas City, and Miami sign Carr and put him in a similar situation as he had in Houston. Miami and Oakland have horrible o-lines and Kansas City took a big hit to their o-line this year too.

Miami and Oakland also signed two aging veteran QBs coming off of major injuries, despite those bad lines. Methinks their GMs simply recognize that Green and Culpepper are better QBs than Carr.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Orton's put on a ton of weight? I haven't really noticed.

EDIT: Are you referring to the infamous pictures from the bars of Iowa City that were posted on the web a couple of years ago?

He'll be the face of the franchise!

http://symbii.com/stories.php?sid=86&tid=15

See? He's moved up from 12 ounce curls to 750ml ones.

Also, pimp Carr all you want but his Texan teammates are already talking about the difference in decision making skills between him and Schaub. And they're not throwing Schaub under the bus.

Edited by Pope Flick

He'll be the face of the franchise!

http://symbii.com/stories.php?sid=86&tid=15

See? He's moved up from 12 ounce curls to 750ml ones.

Can't say I blame the boy for wanting to get hammered in Iowa City. Best bar scene in the Big 10, IMO.

Also, pimp Carr all you want but his Texan teammates are already talking about the difference in decision making skills between him and Schaub. And they're not throwing Schaub under the bus.

The Texans announcers were also slobbering all over his jock during his first pre-season game. And from what I could see, they weren't just propping the franchise's big acquisition.

Carr could very well go on to be a halfway decent QB. But from what I've seen, he's Joey Harrington's twin brother. And Carr at his best isn't in the same league as Rex at his best.