[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going RB 1st 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

ttran

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of us understand his point, he's simply the first person that was able to successfully dumb it down for you to understand. This is why we should never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. :D

haha. Just because I think its a good point does not mean I agree with what he has to say. Hes just been the only one that actually has something more to say than personal insults like an idiot like yourself.

you spell like a 3rd grader. nuiances is not a word Einstein.

I can't spell

You can't do math

You can't grasp basic concepts

You don't understand how fantasy football works

Wonder which one of us is better off?

Wonder which one of us has won more fantasy football championships?

Nah .. I don't wonder ... I know.

Why sure that strategy works if you are in a league where only RBs and QBs are mandated, but if you are REQUIRED to play other positions, then you must take into account where the value breakpoints are in the general value pool and choose your players appropriately.

Once you are in tier three of the RBs, they tend to level off somewhat losing somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20 points over the course of a round of selection, while the difference between a Gates and the next TE (which you will have to field) is something along the lines of 40 points over the course of a season.

So if you take your Ahman Green who for the sake of argument will score 220 points over the course of a season, and have the brilliant luck to pick up say, Gonzo (124) the next round, then your total over the season is 344.

However, if instead, you pick up Gates @ 161, then pick up Betts @ 200 , you will have 361. Both choices give you the third running back and the tight end spot you need, but there is a clear advantage to the Gates pick. Simply going into the draft and picking the first three running backs you can is short sighted.

I find it hilarious that you guys think you're so smart and jump on me because I cheered this guy for actually putting some numbers/info down to back up what he has to say. Yet after 5 pages of total nonsense, you still don't have anything to back up you claims.

Alright since all you guys think you are right because this guy actually had something decent to say instead of just calling me childish names...I'll give you my reasons why I still don't agree with all of this "value" crap.

The actually difference between gates and the next TE is actually only 20 points. Thats 1.25 points per game difference. ABSOLUTE CRAP for someone of his so called "value." So go ahead and take Gates in the early rounds like an idiot and realize that your 2nd or 3rd round TE is only gonna get you 146 points throughout the season.

If you narrow minded old farts still can't come to senses with what my POINT is. I'll say it again. My point is VALUE means absolutely CRAP unless you are talking about RBs. which is the whole reason why I made this thread. To prove that RBs are the cream of the crop. These joker WRs and TEs that you claim to be STUDS with high value is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

I appreciate your input on this subject cre8tiff. But mostly, I appreciate you not jumping on the BANDWAGon like everyone else. But your numbers are off.

Green + Gonzo = 344 points

Gates (146 in 2006) not 161 + Betts 200 = 346. So you pretty much wasted your early pick on a TE when we came out with the same numbers after I took the next best TE.

Again just because I give you props doesn't mean I agree. It just gave these monkeys something to jump for joy about.

Edited by ttran

I can't spell

You can't do math

You can't grasp basic concepts

You don't understand how fantasy football works

Wonder which one of us is better off?

Wonder which one of us has won more fantasy football championships?

Nah .. I don't wonder ... I know.

Resorting to insults is usually a sign of low self esteem or when you've realized that you have nothing better to say. You won more championships? Guess that makes you a better overall person eh?...Haha. Your parents must be proud of your Fantasy football championships. Now if only you can win at life outside fantasy.

Let me ask you a question: If you played in a league that allows you to start 3 RBs, would you still take a WR in the 2nd round????

Edited by ttran

Those numbers were the exact point of the thread I referred you to that you apparently ignored. It is why until provided the data needed to do a basic value analysis of your league, any debate on the subject is moot as no data has been provided, but, just because a Ladell Betts scores more points than a Steve Smith or anAntonio Gates does not neccesarily make him more valuable than those players.

I'll reiterate my earlier point, getting guys like Coles in the 7th and I think it was you who mentioned Winslow in the 10th is less indicative of your FF acumen and more indicative of the level of competition, be it owner experience level or number of teams.

So you would rather take someone with high value like Gates or Chad Johnson maybe in the 2nd round instead of a RB because of their high value right? In a league that allows you to start 3 RB. I guess having Samkon Gado as your 3rd RB isn't that bad right????

I could care less if high value players are available in the 2nd or 3rd round. In a 3 RB league, I'll still take RB, RB, RB.

BTW: Getting Coles in the 7th round does not show the experience level, but rather the deepness of WRs. The difference between No. 20 and No. 50 Receiver is less than three points a game. From a fantasy standpoint, they're basically all the same.

Edited by ttran

Resorting to insults is usually a sign of low self esteem or when you've realized that you have nothing better to say. You won more championships? Guess that makes you a better overall person eh?...Haha. Your parents must be proud of your Fantasy football championships. Now if only you can win at life outside fantasy.

Let me ask you a question: If you played in a league that allows you to start 3 RBs, would you still take a WR in the 2nd round????

Not insults ... just the truth.

I play in a wide variety of leagues, including some that allow starting 3 RBs.

The fact that I have won more FF championships does not make me a better person than you, it makes me a better fanstay football player than you (quite clearly with more fantasy football acumen in my little toe than you appear to possess in your entirety).

My parents have far more to be proud of me than my fantasy football accomplishments, which I doubt they are even aware of.

I have won in life 10 times over. I get the distinct impression that your life is in its initial stages and you may have just barely crossed the starting line.

Not insults ... just the truth.

I play in a wide variety of leagues, including some that allow starting 3 RBs.

The fact that I have won more FF championships does not make me a better person than you, it makes me a better fanstay football player than you (quite clearly with more fantasy football acumen in my little toe than you appear to possess in your entirety).

My parents have far more to be proud of me than my fantasy football accomplishments, which I doubt they are even aware of.

I have won in life 10 times over. I get the distinct impression that your life is in its initial stages and you may have just barely crossed the starting line.

while I have not once questioned your fantasy ability, I question your overall personality and respect towards others.

Is there a difference between insults and the truth? An insult is still an insult whether it be the truth or not.

I never claimed to be a better fantasy player, but I know my fair share and do my research. I don't speak out of my ass w/o any backup. I put the facts down on the table. I don't draft by names/values, but by numbers they put down. I'm not talking about value between individual players, but rather value between positions and there is clearly a big difference when it comes to fantasy football.

Again: Will you answer my question regarding if you would take a WR in the 2nd or even 3rd round of a 3 RB league??

while I have not once questioned your fantasy ability, I question your overall personality and respect towards others.

Is there a difference between insults and the truth? An insult is still an insult whether it be the truth or not.

I never claimed to be a better fantasy player, but I know my fair share and do my research. I don't speak out of my ass w/o any backup. I put the facts down on the table. I don't draft by names/values, but by numbers they put down. I'm not talking about value between individual players, but rather value between positions and there is clearly a big difference when it comes to fantasy football.

Again: Will you answer my question regarding if you would take a WR in the 2nd or even 3rd round of a 3 RB league??

You are a real comedian.

If you choose to be insulted by the truth then that is a personal problem on your part. When you let the truth insult you then perhaps it is time for you to work on some serious self improvement.

You certainly look to be speaking out your ass to me and most of the others here ... but I'm sure that all of us here just have it wrong. If you draft strictly by numbers I presume your first pick in the 4th round is a kicker? Kickers outscore most other positions.

Yes I have drafted a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round in a league where I can start 3 RBs.

You are a real comedian.

If you choose to be insulted by the truth then that is a personal problem on your part. When you let the truth insult you then perhaps it is time for you to work on some serious self improvement.

You certainly look to be speaking out your ass to me and most of the others here ... but I'm sure that all of us here just have it wrong. If you draft strictly by numbers I presume your first pick in the 4th round is a kicker? Kickers outscore most other positions.

Yes I have drafted a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round in a league where I can start 3 RBs.

You still haven't ignored this guy yet but I'm on the list. :D You need to rethink.

You are a real comedian.

Guess my signature is too hard for you to read?? Ya, I drafted a kicker in the 4th round. Kickers outscore most other positions?? Are you kidding me?? The TOP 10 kickers averaged 83 points in 06. thats an average of 5.2 per game. Robbie gould was top and scored 155 points and averaged 9.5 points per game. Thats still lower than the 23rd ranked RB. Kevin Jones... The difference between the 1st and 15th kicker is 2 points per game.

Its ok though. I understand that you are probably a 35 year old overweight man, who lives in your parents basement browsing forums and looking at your fantasy teams all day. I've come across many guys like you on forums. Its always the losers that have no life, which is why they turn to insulting others online to boost their self esteem.

You must be an idiot if you drafted a WR in the 2nd round. There isn't a WR worth taking in the 2nd round unless his name is Jerry Rice and it was 1987 where he scored 22 TDs. Like I said before, Samkon Gado would really be a great option for a 3rd back.

But hey. What do I know?? Aren't you the guy that said, "Not insults ... just the truth." ROFL. Since when does the truth change the fact that its still an insult???

Wow Absolutely Incredible. The more you speak, the more I come to realize how much of an "moron" you are.

IGNORED! Thanks. Come again

Edited by ttran

I find it hilarious that you guys think you're so smart and jump on me because I cheered this guy for actually putting some numbers/info down to back up what he has to say. Yet after 5 pages of total nonsense, you still don't have anything to back up you claims.

Alright since all you guys think you are right because this guy actually had something decent to say instead of just calling me childish names...I'll give you my reasons why I still don't agree with all of this "value" crap.

The actually difference between gates and the next TE is actually only 20 points. Thats 1.25 points per game difference. ABSOLUTE CRAP for someone of his so called "value." So go ahead and take Gates in the early rounds like an idiot and realize that your 2nd or 3rd round TE is only gonna get you 146 points throughout the season.

If you narrow minded old farts still can't come to senses with what my POINT is. I'll say it again. My point is VALUE means absolutely CRAP unless you are talking about RBs. which is the whole reason why I made this thread. To prove that RBs are the cream of the crop. These joker WRs and TEs that you claim to be STUDS with high value is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

I appreciate your input on this subject cre8tiff. But mostly, I appreciate you not jumping on the BANDWAGon like everyone else. But your numbers are off.

Green + Gonzo = 344 points

Gates (146 in 2006) not 161 + Betts 200 = 346. So you pretty much wasted your early pick on a TE when we came out with the same numbers after I took the next best TE.

Again just because I give you props doesn't mean I agree. It just gave these monkeys something to jump for joy about.

Those aren't the numbers I get from my resources. :-)

Anyhow, this is just a circle jerk now, and no one is getting anywhere. So I probably shouldn't have even bumped it. :D

Edited by cre8tiff

Guess my signature is too hard for you to read?? Ya, I drafted a kicker in the 4th round. Kickers outscore most other positions?? Are you kidding me?? The TOP 10 kickers averaged 83 points in 06. thats an average of 5.2 per game. Robbie gould was top and scored 155 points and averaged 9.5 points per game. Thats still lower than the 23rd ranked RB. Kevin Jones... The difference between the 1st and 15th kicker is 2 points per game.

Its ok though. I understand that you are probably a 35 year old overweight man, who lives in your parents basement browsing forums and looking at your fantasy teams all day. I've come across many guys like you on forums. Its always the losers that have no life, which is why they turn to insulting others online to boost their self esteem.

You must be an idiot if you drafted a WR in the 2nd round. There isn't a WR worth taking in the 2nd round unless his name is Jerry Rice and it was 1987 where he scored 22 TDs. Like I said before, Samkon Gado would really be a great option for a 3rd back.

But hey. What do I know?? Aren't you the guy that said, "Not insults ... just the truth." ROFL. Since when does the truth change the fact that its still an insult???

Wow Absolutely Incredible. The more you speak, the more I come to realize how much of an "moron" you are.

IGNORED! Thanks. Come again

Hmm ... last year Vinatieri made 25 field goals and 42 PATs ... Isimple math and I have deduced that he scored 117 points (with no yardage bonuses on longer field goals). That means he scores MORE points than almost ALL of your position players and you should snag them up as quickly as possible