[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ ends holdout

Trots

from Fox:

The Larry Johnson saga is over.

The star running back Johnson has agreed in principle to a new six-year deal with Kansas City, and is expected to rejoin his team on Tuesday, FOXSports.com has learned.

While his teammates were holding two-a-days in River Falls, Wisconin, Johnson spent training camp working out at Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Arizona.

Financial terms of the deal were not yet available, but it is expected that Johnson will be one of the three highest-paid running backs in the NFL, along with San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson and Seattle's Shaun Alexander.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where do you take LJ now? LT, SJax, I think Gore's gotta go #3 but could see LJ sliding back into the spot. If not LJ should be #4, no?

Oh, and its alsop being reported that he is on the field in pads today.

Confirmed on the NFL channel on Sirius. Teammates were chanting "Larry, Larry, Larry!" after he rumbled 70 yards on a screen pass.

Edited by Trots

Got him at 1.6 in a draft ...... :D:D

Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments

1.01 Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

1.02 Jackson, Steven STL RB

1.03 Bush, Reggie NOS RB

1.04 Gore, Frank SFO RB

1.05 Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

1.06 Johnson, Larry KCC RB Mon Jul 30 7:38:28 a.m. CT 2007 Gotta roll the dice here. I can't see KC letting him sit out, and hopefully I'll have a STEAL @ 1.6 :wacko:

Edited by Hitman

I still have him 5th because of the number of carries he's coming off of and the OL being at it's current state...

Yeah but Herm said he'd be more involved in the passing game making him valuable in PPR leagues.

Got him at 1.6 in a draft ...... :D:D

1.06 Johnson, Larry KCC RB Mon Jul 30 7:38:28 a.m. CT 2007 Gotta roll the dice here. I can't see KC letting him sit out, and hopefully I'll have a STEAL @ 1.6 :wacko:

Huddle Ladder he was 1.08.

LT

Gore

Bush

SJax

SA

Henry

Westbrook

LJ

Edited by Randall

with the state of their QB, OL and HC, I am not very high on LJ this year. I have him around 6, depending on the format...

That's about how I feel. I have LJ at 5, after Addai and Gore. Though, I still can't figure out if I like Addai or Gore more at 1.3.

The number of carries last year worries me more than the holdout ever did.

Look at Ricky Williams when he carried 383 times in 2002, and scored 16 TD's and rushed for 1800 yds. He was pretty much the consensus #2 in 2003 if I remember correctly, and had 1372 yds and 9 TD's (and 3.5 YPC). Decent numbers, but not worthy of #2.

And yes, LJ is a better runner than RIcky was, but my point is that after a workload like that, the human body has to have some signs of wear and tear...

Speaking of Ricky, check out his profile at NFL.com...I dot know who that is in the picture, but that aint Ricky Williams! FUNNY!!

EDIT - Is that Jevon Kearse?? Almost looks like him...

http://www.nfl.com/players/rickywilliams/c...ts?id=WIL271115

I would put him below Gore and maybe SA and Addai, but if he were there at #5, I would take him...

Edited by #1 Niners Fan

The number of carries last year worries me more than the holdout ever did.

Look at Ricky Williams when he carried 383 times in 2002, and scored 16 TD's and rushed for 1800 yds. He was pretty much the consensus #2 in 2003 if I remember correctly, and had 1372 yds and 9 TD's (and 3.5 YPC). Decent numbers, but not worthy of #2.

And yes, LJ is a better runner than RIcky was, but my point is that after a workload like that, the human body has to have some signs of wear and tear...

Except that Ricky had a lot more carries coming into that 2 year stretch than LJ has.

LJ's had 892 carries in his career and LT has over 2000+ I don't think you can compare him to anyone in that regard.

If I have the #2 pick I would have a very tough time taking Gore over LJ. To be honest though, I'll have a tougher time taking either of them over Joseph Addai!

Gents, fyi...

David Dorey Live Interview TODAY 2-3 pm Central on "Mac & Slater" at FearlessRadio.com

It's that time of year again, boys (and occasional girl)!

TheHuddle.com's David Dorey will be live on Fearless Radio (FearlessRadio.com) with "Mac & Slater" from 2-3 p.m. Central Tues Aug 21, discussing his Top 20, sleeper central and much more!

On Tuesday, feel free to head over to Fearless Radio and listen to "Mac & Slater" live! If you have a question you'd like us to pose to DD, you can IM me at fearlessradio00 on AOL or Yahoo between now and 2:30 p./m. CST and I'll do my best to get it on the air!

Except that Ricky had a lot more carries coming into that 2 year stretch than LJ has.

LJ's had 892 carries in his career and LT has over 2000+ I don't think you can compare him to anyone in that regard.

Wow, it seems like LJ should have so much more than that...but I checked you and you are correct!

Ricky had 1,197 from 1999 - 2002, going into 2003 where he showed a significant decrease in production compared to the previous year. A few more than LJ, yes, but the carries that LJ has had in the past two years (752) still do concern me...

I haven the second pick in my first draft next week, and I have to seriously consider taking him now.

The guy didn't have Willie Roaf last year, right? I mean, just how much more can the O-line drop off? And is the O-line for Jackson all that much better? And yet he had three more TDs and 260+ more rushing yards than Jackson last year. The number of carries are a legit concern -- but at least he's tested (unlike Addai) and it's not like he's in his fifth year.

No way he should slip past 1.3. There was another KC back not so long ago I never believed in because I thought he was getting used too much or was getting too old or there were concerns about his supporting cast -- and I was wrong about him every year.