[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ ends holdout

Trots

I haven the second pick in my first draft next week, and I have to seriously consider taking him now.

The guy didn't have Willie Roaf last year, right? I mean, just how much more can the O-line drop off? And is the O-line for Jackson all that much better? And yet he had three more TDs and 260+ more rushing yards than Jackson last year. The number of carries are a legit concern -- but at least he's tested (unlike Addai) and it's not like he's in his fifth year.

No way he should slip past 1.3. There was another KC back not so long ago I never believed in because I thought he was getting used too much or was getting too old or there were concerns about his supporting cast -- and I was wrong about him every year.

Mr. Pro Bowl Will Shields is gone now too, I'm sure you knew that, but that does make a huge difference. But I tend to agree with you, LJ is gonna get his and some taking other RB's over him are going to be kicking themselves later.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Pro Bowl Will Shields is gone now too, I'm sure you knew that, but that does make a huge difference. But I tend to agree with you, LJ is gonna get his and some taking other RB's over him are going to be kicking themselves later.

I agree, no way am I picking frank gore over LJ, I would almost consider him at #2.

Question for DMD on his new huddle cheatsheet rankings that has LJ at #3:

Everybody here is drinking the Gore coolaid, as am I. Why did you move LJ above Gore? I was pretty set on Gore, but seeing your new #3 ranking for LJ makes me at least question my pick.

Thoughts??

If I have the #2 pick I would have a very tough time taking Gore over LJ. To be honest though, I'll have a tougher time taking either of them over Joseph Addai!

Gents, fyi...

David Dorey Live Interview TODAY 2-3 pm Central on "Mac & Slater" at FearlessRadio.com

It's that time of year again, boys (and occasional girl)!

TheHuddle.com's David Dorey will be live on Fearless Radio (FearlessRadio.com) with "Mac & Slater" from 2-3 p.m. Central Tues Aug 21, discussing his Top 20, sleeper central and much more!

On Tuesday, feel free to head over to Fearless Radio and listen to "Mac & Slater" live! If you have a question you'd like us to pose to DD, you can IM me at fearlessradio00 on AOL or Yahoo between now and 2:30 p./m. CST and I'll do my best to get it on the air!

Spam :D

That's about how I feel. I have LJ at 5, after Addai and Gore. Though, I still can't figure out if I like Addai or Gore more at 1.3.

i like Gore slightly more just because I think he'll get more touches and has an easier schedule. If Gore was 100% healthy, it would be a no-brainer... Addai is a good back in a great system and will have a break out year...

Back on topic: Johnson had 416 carries in the regular season and he is not the type of runner to skirt out of bounds to avoid contact. He looked awful in the playoffs and plays for a coach who likes to run, run, incomplete pass and punt. AND they lost Shields. AND they look like they are going to start the season with Croyle (with Cheese) instead of Huard, who would actually get them more of a chance to win this year. AND they have a 34 year old #1 WR and a 31 year old TE who just signed a big contract, thus losing a major incentive.

The only thing going for him is/was Top 3 talent and he has been pretty healthy.

If anybody can explain what else an opposing DEF Coordinator should scheme for besides LJ, I would like to hear it. Tread very carefully, Huddlers.

...AND they look like they are going to start the season with Croyle (with Cheese)

Timing is everything in comedy. When i read that line i was on the phone with an Account Manager and started laughing out loud just as she was chewing me out for rejecting a project of hers. Thanks!

i like Gore slightly more just because I think he'll get more touches and has an easier schedule. If Gore was 100% healthy, it would be a no-brainer... Addai is a good back in a great system and will have a break out year...

Back on topic: Johnson had 416 carries in the regular season and he is not the type of runner to skirt out of bounds to avoid contact. He looked awful in the playoffs and plays for a coach who likes to run, run, incomplete pass and punt. AND they lost Shields. AND they look like they are going to start the season with Croyle (with Cheese) instead of Huard, who would actually get them more of a chance to win this year. AND they have a 34 year old #1 WR and a 31 year old TE who just signed a big contract, thus losing a major incentive.

The only thing going for him is/was Top 3 talent and he has been pretty healthy.

If anybody can explain what else an opposing DEF Coordinator should scheme for besides LJ, I would like to hear it. Tread very carefully, Huddlers.

Whoa, so you're 1. questioning Herms decision to start Huard vs. Croyle and 2. Tony G's heart and desire .

1. Huard has looked like crapola, Croyle IS the better QB. He has a stronger arm CLEARLY. He can make ALL the throws. Huard is what he is, a serviceable backup QB that can MANAGE an offense. He can't make all the throws, he lacks zip on the ball. Huard makes good decisions and Croyle hasn't thus far, but you can CLEARLY see who the better QB is physically. Once Croyle gets over the mistakes (IF he ever does) then he's going to be successful.

2. I really don't know how or why I have to even defend a clear cut Hall of Famer, who might just go down as the best ever when he retires. Tony may be slowing down a bit, but he's still as effective as his line allows him to be. If he has to stay in and block its going to reduce his numbers, hich i think is going to happen again this year.

Bowe, once up to speed will help stretch the field. For a 34 year old WR Kennison continues to get open and make plays, this is the area of grestest weakness on the Chiefs and is plain to see, but that doesn't mean that teams will be able to stack the line to defend LJ. Playcalling is what lead to the debacle in IND, Herm said here's what we are going to do, see if you can stop us, and IND was up for that challenge, then instead of adjusting they kept trying the same ol shiatt over and over.

My only real worry with LJ would be the 416 carries (457 touches)... this type of workload has historically not boded well for many other RBs.

That said, I'd still take him over Gore.

If I were in position to take LJ, I'd be sure to handcuff. Bennett may be next on the depth chart but he's always been a TC-dandy... he always looks good in mesh shorts and limited contact. I'd rather take Kolby Smith as insurance... much more upside.

Edited by kingfish247

I dont' care what you all say, my main league is a keeper league where you lose the round you drafted the player in to keep him.

I have Rudi Johnson 3 and Larry Fitz 6th and the owner of LJ didn't keep him because of the hold out. I have the 1st over all pick.

Hello LJ, Rudi and Fitz.

I dont' care what you all say, my main league is a keeper league where you lose the round you drafted the player in to keep him.

I have Rudi Johnson 3 and Larry Fitz 6th and the owner of LJ didn't keep him because of the hold out. I have the 1st over all pick.

Hello LJ, Rudi and Fitz.

ChaaaampionSHIP :D

Uhhh, it already has its own thread.

Yeah I hear ya, but being the topic of hot interest he posted it in here. He's trying to promote DMD and TheHuddle. He's stating that he'll try and get to questions we want answered. I understand that you're trying to protect everyone here, in good reason, but DMD does radio shows and Mac and Slater come on here to promote DMD when he's going to be on.

I can appreciate your passion for KC, Hat Trick, but I am just trying to illustrate all the red flags that appear to me.

If you feel confident in your head coach's ability to judge QB talent, then fine. Huard played better than anyone could have expected last year replacing Green. In fact, I would argue that Huard should have started the playoff game since he would have given KC a better chance at winning. Hindsight being 20/20, I think you can at least admit that the decision of your head coach was at the very least "questionable" and they had no first down by halftime.

Since we will only talk about possible future events, If Croyle has all the tangibles and just needs the real time reps, then try the baptism by fire. I will agree that his seven (7) passes last year is too small of a sample and that he has the talent to open up the offense, if you will concede that A) Huard played well enough to not lose the job (DPAR had him #8 overall, and DVOA had him at #2!), and :D the preseason success that Croyle has had this year is just preseason versus some vanilla DEFs.

Also, if you are willing to trust Herm's judgement (a defensive coach in more than one meaning of the word), good luck with that! You know what he does to RBs with his the power running game...remember what he did to Martin in 2004? running him 371 times, thus ending his career... it should sound vaguely like when he ran LJ more than 30 times in six games last year, and the 416 total carries.

As for Gonzo, we are in agreement. I will concede that ihe is in the Top 3 of offensive TEs ever, but I will also suggest there are not a lot of 31 year old TEs who have good years, let alone great years. And if the OL is not up to the task, he may be required to block more than he would like.

I just think the overall recipe is ripe for OFF disaster. They are going to start (basically) a rookie QB, a rookie WR, an overworked RB, an overaged WR and an overaged TE. Thye would be lucky to finish 7-9.

Question for DMD on his new huddle cheatsheet rankings that has LJ at #3:

Everybody here is drinking the Gore coolaid, as am I. Why did you move LJ above Gore? I was pretty set on Gore, but seeing your new #3 ranking for LJ makes me at least question my pick.

Thoughts??

I dont see a problem with him moving LJ up to 3, but i do see a big problem in the fact that before LJ signed the ranking went.

Tier1

LT,SJax,Gore

Tier2

LJ & so on....

Wich is telling you that there is no drop off between the top 2 and Gore

Now it has

Tier1

LT,SJax,LJ

Tier2

Gore & so on..

So its saying that since LJ has signed a contract, there is now a drop off between the top 2-3 and Gore?

Thats makes absolutely no sense, and defeats the purpose of tiering.

Like i said, No problem with moving LJ to #3, but if Gore was Tier1 before, he should still be tier1

I haven the second pick in my first draft next week, and I have to seriously consider taking him now.

The guy didn't have Willie Roaf last year, right? I mean, just how much more can the O-line drop off? And is the O-line for Jackson all that much better? And yet he had three more TDs and 260+ more rushing yards than Jackson last year. The number of carries are a legit concern -- but at least he's tested (unlike Addai) and it's not like he's in his fifth year.

No way he should slip past 1.3. There was another KC back not so long ago I never believed in because I thought he was getting used too much or was getting too old or there were concerns about his supporting cast -- and I was wrong about him every year.

but jackson had 90 receptions as well if i remember right