[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the Friggindy Frick?

cre8tiff

I just got the surprise of the season when three very experienced Huddlers drafted backup kickers in the 16th round of a 16 team league (GoodvEvil). :D

I have never drafted a second kicker, usually either drafting the kicker in the last round, or if for some reason I already got one, pick up a long shot sleeper in that last spot, so I can take a shot.

Is the backup kicker as uncommon as I THINK it is? :D

Edited by cre8tiff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in a BOTH league that I won't name* that has 12 teams. EVERYONE but me drafted a backup K/Def. Makes zero sense from where I'm sitting, but whatever.

* - Okay, it's NORRIS.

I usually dont draft a backup DEF unless I feel I have a middle of the road DEF. But I can't remember EVER drafting a backup kicker. Hey consider it a good thing for yourself.

I just got the surprise of the season when three very experienced Huddlers drafted backup kickers in the 16th round of a 16 team league (GoodvEvil). :D

I have never drafted a second kicker, usually either drafting the kicker in the last round, or if for some reason I already got one, pick up a long shot sleeper in that last spot, so I can take a shot.

Is the backup kicker as uncommon as I THINK it is? :D

I did not draft a backup kicker in that league. I very rarely draft a backup kicker. Maybe... maybe... in a 16 team league with very large rosters. But this league does not have large rosters.

Kickers are ghey.

Draft a kicker with a late bye week, and instead of taking a backup kicker, take a long shot on a rookie or a player you like. Then when your kicker's bye week comes around, drop your kicker and pick up the best kicker who's bye has already passed.

Draft a kicker with a late bye week, and instead of taking a backup kicker, take a long shot on a rookie or a player you like. Then when your kicker's bye week comes around, drop your kicker and pick up the best kicker who's bye has already passed.

That's what I normally do with Ks AND defs. The only problem with being in a 12 team league where every other team is sitting on 2 Ks/Defs is when it's time to pick up the fill-in, the cupboard is bare.

That's what I normally do with Ks AND defs. The only problem with being in a 12 team league where every other team is sitting on 2 Ks/Defs is when it's time to pick up the fill-in, the cupboard is bare.

I just did a 12 team/15 round mock where no one had taken a kicker until the 11th round. I normally wouldn't take one until the final 3 rounds.

Vinatieri was still there so I took him just to see how it played out... :D I didn't like having to wait longer to a snag a QB2 or depth at RB/WR.

Last year there were a ton of teams that had 2 defs.

oh, i thought it was just keekers you were referring to...

I couldn't let my Vikes slide any further despite having the Steel Curtain...I assume I will just play the match-ups with the two...

...of course this means I will miss most of the returns for TD's...

Edited by alexgaddis

oh, i thought it was just keekers you were referring to...

I couldn't let my Vikes slide any further despite having the Steel Curtain...I assume I will just play the match-ups with the two...

...of course this means I will miss most of the returns for TD's...

I really thought about taking the Vikings D, but seeing as I have just about all of their offensive players, I figured I better go elsewhere and took the Dolphins.

Of course, that doesn't make a helluva a lot of sense given which unit is better on the Vikings does it? :D

Meh... sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Depends upon the structure of the league and the types of guys that are still available. A lot of times, I'll draft 2 Kickers but then (as DMD pointed out) I'll cut one when someone emerges later in the season that I want to pick up off of waivers.

They are Democrats...how do I say this nicely? They're stupid. :D

Well you are 66.6% right. Much like the President. :wacko:

Just curious, I checked on the defense side and SIX out of 16 drafted multiple defenses. That is evenly split along party lines. :D

Of course the draft isn't QUITE done yet.

Edited by cre8tiff

No extra keekers or d-fences on my taxi squad either. Chavez needs to check his friggindy frickin vision.

On last year's end of season rosters gaddis and Puddy had two PKs; Egret, Love, Fatman, and John were all sporting two defs - and that's AFTER we were able to drop that dead weight and take flyers on FAs for the offseason.

Of course, that doesn't make a helluva a lot of sense given which unit is better on the Vikings does it? :D

You could just FA whatever defense is playing the Vikings, you'd still get an advantage.

On last year's end of season rosters gaddis and Puddy had two PKs; Egret, Love, Fatman, and John were all sporting two defs - and that's AFTER we were able to drop that dead weight and take flyers on FAs for the offseason.

This year -

Pope has 3 Ks (+1 on the taxi squad) :D

Puddy has one K active, one K taxi'ed

Goop has 2 PKs

Fatman has one K active, one K taxi'ed

gaddis has one PK active, two taxi'ed

Robin has 2 PKs

Egret has one PK active, one taxi'ed

John has two PKs

Savage has one active, one taxi'ed

Grunge, Love, and me are the only people carrying one PK on our active roster - that makes 24 out of a possible 32 Ks off the board. :cuckoo:

Since I brought defs into the discussion, everyone but Grunge, Goop, and Pope have two defs. Nobody grabbed 3.

Bottom line is that in a finite market, the odd person grabbing a backup K or def is no biggie; when an entire LEAGUE does it you have to adjust and jump on them a bit sooner than you'd probably like because the supply of good ones dries up all the faster.

Bottom line is that in a finite market, the odd person grabbing a backup K or def is no biggie; when an entire LEAGUE does it you have to adjust and jump on them a bit sooner than you'd probably like because the supply of good ones dries up all the faster.

That's why I have one on my taxi squad. Maybe I'll use him, maybe I won't. It's one less position to worry about. I could've dropped my defenses and taken fliers on other positions, but we were only keeping 4-6 players. I figured any player worth keeping would already be on a roster.

At least I don't have 5 TEs on my roster. :D

I strenuosly disagree with not drafting 2 defenses though.

A kicker is a kicker and you can't really predict how they will score.

But a defense is a little easier to pick based on matchups and I like having two to pick from. Good defense vs. Indy? Or average defense vs. Houston. Hmmm... Makes you think.