[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the Friggindy Frick?

cre8tiff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on if your league makes you pay for transactions. I have drafted 2 kickers to cover bye weeks, potential weather conditions, # times they will kick in a dome, etc.

Saves me on transaction dollars the rest of the year and gives me flexibility for add/drops.

Yes, I see you've concentrated on hoarding RBs this year. Too bad you don't have any good ones.

You mean I can't win with Jamal Lewis, Warrick Dunn, Deuce McCallister, or Chris Brown as starters? :D

THIS is the year of the Stud WR! Look out for:

Steve Smith, Marques Colston, Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes!

:D

You mean I can't win with Jamal Lewis, Warrick Dunn, Deuce McCallister, or Chris Brown as starters? :D

D-Mac did well by me in a different league last year. The other three are more washed-up than a person suffering from OCD in a soap factory.

THIS is the year of the Stud WR! Look out for:

Steve Smith, Marques Colston, Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes!

:wacko:

:D I seem to have heard that somewhere before, from the GM of a 5-9 team....

But a defense is a little easier to pick based on matchups and I like having two to pick from. Good defense vs. Indy? Or average defense vs. Houston. Hmmm... Makes you think.

Having two defenses is a bit more defensible than having two Ks. Still, in most cases, I find it pretty unnecessary.

every year, i actually consider NOT drafting a kicker at all, because i have so many sleeper ideas. But i picture that blank roster spot that could potentially earn me 10 points a week, and that sleeper on my bench that will get me zero..and I come to my senses.

but the sad thing is, you can ALMOST make a case for it.

edit: and i'm not talking about for the whole season, just for a week or two..but even still, it's not worth it..almost, but not quite.

Edited by LooGie

D-Mac did well by me in a different league last year. The other three are more washed-up than a person suffering from OCD in a soap factory.

:D I seem to have heard that somewhere before, from the GM of a 5-9 team....

Friggin' injuries. Portis, Moss, McNabb and Vernon Davis were all supposed to be starters. Having them out of the lineup for a majority of the season hurt. Betts certainly took the sting out of Portis. Trading away Moss for Tiki helped too. 5-9 is still 5-9.

:D

Well, if one who usually waits until the last round to draft a kicker drafted one earlier, he might forget that he drafted one earlier and draft a kicker in the last round out of habit, thus resulting in 2 kickers on the roster. :D

every year, i actually consider NOT drafting a kicker at all, because i have so many sleeper ideas. But i picture that blank roster spot that could potentially earn me 10 points a week, and that sleeper on my bench that will get me zero..and I come to my senses.

but the sad thing is, you can ALMOST make a case for it.

edit: and i'm not talking about for the whole season, just for a week or two..but even still, it's not worth it..almost, but not quite.

I've done this before. It's not THAT bad of a thing to do. We started closing the waiver wire after the draft in that league though. No pickups until after the season starts. Now I have to draft a kicker.

Drafting 2 defenses is key in deep leagues and, in a league such as Bling where we carry 20 roster spots I'll take a backup kicker with the last pick of the draft. The key is to draft such a solid team that you don't need that extra roster spot for another super duper sleeper. :D Hey, it worked last year as I won the league...

Edited by TDFFFreak

Drafting 2 defenses is key in deep leagues and, in a league such as Bling where we carry 20 roster spots I'll take a backup kicker with the last pick of the draft. The key is to draft such a solid team that you don't need that extra roster spot for another super duper sleeper. :D Hey, it worked last year as I won the league...

Most times the super-duper sleeper guy is first-week waiver-wire fodder (if he lasts that long).

Sometimes Mr Irrelevant is Marques Colston.

I just got the surprise of the season when three very experienced Huddlers drafted backup kickers in the 16th round of a 16 team league (GoodvEvil). :D

I have never drafted a second kicker, usually either drafting the kicker in the last round, or if for some reason I already got one, pick up a long shot sleeper in that last spot, so I can take a shot.

Is the backup kicker as uncommon as I THINK it is? :D

You're in the freakin House, did you not read the rules... the house is where the losers go!!!!

<turnsSenatenoseup>

Edit: The rules also state that you're only allowed a certain number of pickups in that league too.... READ THE RULES NEWB!!!! :wacko:

Each team has 8 waiver moves per season plus one for each of your players officially placed on the NFL's injured reserve.

Granted I didn't draft 2 kickers but I did draft 2 DEF's for this reason. 8 waiver moves can disappear pretty quickly.

Edited by twiley

9.1.1 Definition: Each team has 8 waiver moves per season plus one for each of your players officially placed on the NFL's injured reserve. The 8 regular waiver moves are tradable.

I considered it because of the limited waiver moves, but only drafted one K and one DEF.

Woops, missed the post where that was stated....

Edited by kcmast

8 waiver moves is not that limited, unless you have ADHD.

you are out of your mind. 8? That's the same as 0 in my book. I'm always picking up sleepers and dropping busts.

I scour that WW and FA every single hour of every single day. I'll grab a player just because I heard he's about to be traded, and then drop him that same day if he doesn't.

When they shipped off Keven Barlow to the jets, I heard about it about an hour before anyone else did (in my league, not here. i heard about it here of course) and I dropped my only kicker to grab him, and then when the trade went though, I tried to trade him everywhere, I couldn't, so i just dropped him at the end of the week and grabbed a kicker back.