[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones?

SteelerMurf

Supposedly he's been riding on a stationary bike. Not sure what kind of news that is but he should be fine when the season starts.

Jones Working Out

Jets RB Thomas Jones started riding a stationary bike yesterday. He is expected to be ready by the season opener, but there is no guarantee that his strained calf will be healed.

The team is keeping the injury hush, so we can't gage how bad it is. If he shows progress, he should be ok by the regular season. But just keep in mind that he won't be completely healthy by then.

That doesn't sound to good. Jacobs seems like the safer bet.

ETA- This was as of 8/21 4:54 PM.

Edited by irish

OK, here's what I got. Rosenhuas (Jones' agent) or however you spell his name, came out about a week ago and said Jones had an achilles strain that made him favor the leg, which resulted in this recent calf strain.

I went to the last open TC practice yesterday. Jones apparently can't push off that leg at all, aside from walking with a very slight limp. He was working one on one with a trainer, doing what I would call rehab sort of excersizes. He was doing this high step thing, but very flat footed, not leaving the ground or landing the in the ground with the balls of his feet.... he was landing and leaving the ground on his heels. He also did some lateral movement excerizes, stuff that works the groin muscles and outer quads, if that's what they are called. He was otherwise on the bike. The guy still isn't jogging.... and he doesn't look to me like he'll be ready to play in an NFL game in 17 days.... not even close.

I'm no injury expert, but that's what I saw yesterday. I'm drafting in my local tomorrow night, and I can garantee this: TJ won't be on my roster. Injuries like this, especially if it's an achilles related thing can linger.

Veterans know how to work the angles in pre-season to get out of work... One of the talking heads on ESPN called it August hamstring month (Randy Moss comes to mind) but this sounds bad enuff to where I would shy away from Jones also..

Supposedly he's been riding on a stationary bike. Not sure what kind of news that is but he should be fine when the season starts.

Riding a stationary bike is very very easy. I have patients day one after ACL surgery on a stationary bike.

Needless to say, a pro starting RB needs to be moving at a higher level than this to play.

Thanks for the updates guys, esp. the on the field update. No way can I draft a RB who can only ride a bike and do calf friendly exercises. And knowing Mangini will be so secretive.

I did a lot of thinking about Jacobs and think he will be fine. For some reason, Jacobs stock dropped during the offseason. and I noticed that a lot of projections are waaay too low. I really can't see a reason why he won't get close to 10 TDs and at least 1100 yards rushing.

Thanks for the updates guys, esp. the on the field update. No way can I draft a RB who can only ride a bike and do calf friendly exercises. And knowing Mangini will be so secretive.

I did a lot of thinking about Jacobs and think he will be fine. For some reason, Jacobs stock dropped during the offseason. and I noticed that a lot of projections are waaay too low. I really can't see a reason why he won't get close to 10 TDs and at least 1100 yards rushing.

That's what I say, why not 1100+ yds and 10 TD's? I like him, too, as a 3rd round pick. Could be a steal.

Veterans know how to work the angles in pre-season to get out of work... One of the talking heads on ESPN called it August hamstring month (Randy Moss comes to mind) but this sounds bad enuff to where I would shy away from Jones also..

Moss dogging it might make some sense, but not Jones.... he's a hard worker on a new team in a new offense. I've been to TC 3 times since he got hurt... this is a real injury. I could see him favoring the leg. If he were close, he would have at least been jogging on the last day of camp before it broke. I've also said this before... Jones won't get the touches people think he will. Washington remains a big part of the Jets offense.