[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jacoby Jones

FantasyMerchDOTKOM

He is surely going to overtake Kevin Walter if Kubiak's recent comments have anything to do with it...

Anyone have any insight as to how this guy has looked in preseason, or in college?

I'm hearing only 1,100 saw him play in college.

He has looked great in preseason so far. Walter is still the starter at this point, mainly due to his great work ethic and having experience. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones overtake him at some point this year.

From a fantasy perspective, I would take a late round flyer on him as a sleeper type (mybe WR4/5). Also, if your league gives points for return yardage/TDs, then that increases his value even more. I am expecting big things out of Mathis and Jones this years as far as the Texans ST goes.

Is that Rhino speak?

Jacoby Jones played at Lane College. Lane College played their games in a high school stadium. Crowds were around 1,100. This is all from memory, reading several months before. So, my point is that there's not gonna' be anyone around here that saw him perform in college, and can give insight here. imho.

Edited by rhino

I am expecting big things out of Mathis and Jones this years as far as the Texans ST goes.

I'm wondering if we're keeping both those guys. And if so, would you put both of them back there to return kicks and punts, to eliminate the angling of the kicks, and to keep the opposition guessing?

I'm wondering if we're keeping both those guys. And if so, would you put both of them back there to return kicks and punts, to eliminate the angling of the kicks, and to keep the opposition guessing?

I would guess that if both are kept that Bethel Johnson will be let go. Pretty sure they will keep all of these guys:

Andre Johnson

Kevin Walter

Jacoby Jones (KR/PR)

Keenan McCardell

Jerome Mathis (KR/PR)

David Anderson (ST)

Andre Davis (KR/PR)

I am not 100% sure which out of the remaining guys are practice squad eligible but, I think Harry Williams is. So maybe they will stash him there. I am guessing that would leave Bethel Johnson & Charlie Adams being released. Does that sound about right to you?

Jones looks great again tonight, both in the punt return game (2 ret, 105 yds including 91 yard return for a TD) and as a WR (2 rec, 21 yds, 1 TD). One note of interest, although Jones is currently still behind Walter as the #2 on the depth chart, both WR are seeing extensive playing time due to the fact that the Texans are running a lot of 3 WR sets.

Also, Schaub looks pretty good so far (12/16, 109, 2 TD). The o-line seems to be giving him plenty of time to go through his reads and find the open receiver.

Here are a few others that are looking ok so far:

Ahman Green (8 carries 65 yds - 1rec 13 yds) Had a nice long run of 46 yards, but even without that has had some nice solid 4-5 yards runs.

Andre Johnson (4 rec 39 yds 1TD) Made Aaron Glenn look pretty bad on a few plays including the TD.

Owen Daniel (3 rec 21yds)

How had Daniels looked? I believe Schaub will target the TE a lot this year.

Owen Daniel (3 rec 21yds)

He has looked solid. One rec was a 5 yd pass in the redzone to set up the TD pass to Johnson. Another was a 7 yard screen where he was wide open in the middle. Turned the game on a little late, so I must have missed the other catch. Like I said in another thread, I too think he will get plenty of looks and be a very nice mid-late round pick in TE mandatory leagues.

The o-line seems to be giving him plenty of time to go through his reads and find the open receiver.

I'm loving this. Only gave up one sack in three pre-season games, which included CHI, ARZ, and DAL. There's been a lot of criticism about HOU's OL, and that HOU hasn't done anything to "fix their problem -- the OL". Maybe they did when they got rid of DCarr. Where are these DCarr-lovers/HOU-OL-haters now? (I'm just hoping this continues into the regular season.)

Also heard that MWilliams looked better today. Didn't see the game, just looking/reading 'net recaps.

I'm loving this. Only gave up one sack in three pre-season games, which included CHI, ARZ, and DAL. There's been a lot of criticism about HOU's OL, and that HOU hasn't done anything to "fix their problem -- the OL". Maybe they did when they got rid of DCarr. Where are these DCarr-lovers/HOU-OL-haters now? (I'm just hoping this continues into the regular season.)

Also heard that MWilliams looked better today. Didn't see the game, just looking/reading 'net recaps.

Also, FWIW I still don't think Carr was 100% of the problem, but I am glad to see less sacks so far regardless.

Mario looked pretty good also from what I saw. He had 1 sack when Romo was flushed from the pocket and tried to step up. He was also seeing some double teams throughout the first half as well. Hopefulyl with the addition of Okoye combined with Weaver and Maddox having another year of experience will help this D-line live up to all of the picks wasted to improve it.