[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the definition of a Newbie?

millerx

I can't speak for everyone here, but I will degrade others when they have not taken the time to acclimate themselves to their surroundings before acting. I personally have never called someone a newbie as I used to be a gamer and needed to listen to too many 14 year olds shouting it. But if we're going to define who warrants the term "newbie," i think the following list covers most of the bases:

1) Anyone who posts in the wrong forum. If I wanted to give you advice on what stupid trade you might make, I'd go to the advice forum. If i wanted to give you advice on what that rash is that you've developed after your "friend" Frank slept over last weekend, I'd go to the tailgate. Failure to recognize a difference between forums, or failure to read beyond the first forum, means that you have not spent enough time on the site to know that what you're doing is wrong and you have not taken the time to respect the other people on this board.

2) Anyone who has not read the Advice Posting Tips thread pinned at the top of the advice forum. If you are asking for my help, please do so properly. I will not reply asking for your scoring system or starting lineup requirements. I will simply make a snide comment. We have provided you the tools to help yourself. If you don't use them, you are not respecting my time, which I was graciously using to help you. I have had to stop posting over there because of how many threads I need to read to find one with enough information included for me to give a well informed answer.

3) Anyone who wants me to rate their team. Let me give you a hint, either it sucks or everyone else in your league sucks so bad that they allowed you to draft a good team. I cannot rate your team without comparing it to every other team in your league, which I have ZERO interest in doing. You want me to rate it? 1.8490522 my friend, 1.8490522.

4) Anyone who posts a thread like this. :D You come on here, acting like you're just innocently looking for an answer to this totally inflammatory question? I was just wondering if your mother always hums like that when she has some guy's balls in her mouth. I don't understand why you're angry. I didn't mean anything by it. I was just looking for an honest answer. You know, because it probably kept you awake a lot when you were a kid, what with her humming like that every night, always with a different intonation due to different sack sizes. I'm just asking. I don't see why you're getting all huffy about it. It's just a question.

Give me a break guy.

And the winner is...... ding, ding, ding!!!!!

I particularly like answer #4. I HAVE always wondered about the humming noise.