[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And here come the "race cards" in the Vick Case!

spain

Torturing and killing animals as part of an interstate gambling ring is on the same level as perjury? I strongly disagree.

Agreed

You only strongly disagree because you REFUSE to look at the implications of the lying that was going on. Again. The comparisons are not brought out of right/left or Vick is some poor perseucted black guy....it is about rational human thought. What Libby was convicted of had far greater implications for this country than what Vick has admitted to. If you cannot see this....then we will just have to agree to disagree.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooter Libby lied to the government.

Michael Vick lied to the government, his team, his teammates, the NFL....funded a gambling operation, was a part a process that ended with the torture of animals, knowingly allowed these enterprises and activities to take place on real estate he owned,....

um, yeah, they appear very similar :D

Scooter lied to cover up the outing of a CIA agent that was tracking WMD. It prevented(obstructed) getting the real criminals and endangered the lives of all the CIA agents in that covert unit. We don't know if any were killed.

They both lied but that's where the similarities end.

Two days ago I nearly had two of my best guys come to blows because the white guy could not understand that “Vick only got in trouble because he is black.” Further more “if Linsay Lohan was doing the same thing they wouldn’t even have charged her.” “You white MFer’s need to understand that until you all admit how effed up the world is treating every single black guy that gets in trouble, well, the problem will never be corrected.”

The Lohan point wasnt very off base but there is all different levels of favoritism..Lohan gets celebrity justice..Lohan , Hilton Ritchie get multiple DWIs and caught with coke and they get laughable slaps on the wrist. But celebrities of all colors get off easier then people that arent famous. I have seen rappers get caught with drugs and hand guns many times and have never seen them do any time..Little Kim and Martha Stewarts sentences would have both been much longer I believe if they werent celebrities..I guess the black guy at your jobs argument is the black celebrity didnt get the same celebrity justice as the white celebrity.

The Lohan point wasnt very off base but there is all different levels of favoritism..Lohan gets celebrity justice..Lohan , Hilton Ritchie get multiple DWIs and caught with coke and they get laughable slaps on the wrist. But celebrities of all colors get off easier then people that arent famous. I have seen rappers get caught with drugs and hand guns many times and have never seen them do any time..Little Kim and Martha Stewarts sentences would have both been much longer I believe if they werent celebrities..I guess the black guy at your jobs argument is the black celebrity didnt get the same celebrity justice as the white celebrity.

LOL....I actually think that Martha Stewart shouldn't have served a day of time. The real crime was with the broker. If it was me who did it....I would have served less time than Martha. The thing that hurt Martha so much is that she used to have a brokers license and therefore knew the rules more than a regular joe.....but still, her sentence was too severe.

LOL....I actually think that Martha Stewart shouldn't have served a day of time. The real crime was with the broker. If it was me who did it....I would have served less time than Martha. The thing that hurt Martha so much is that she used to have a brokers license and therefore knew the rules more than a regular joe.....but still, her sentence was too severe.

Stop making sense and allow me to keep feeling good about my post

Edited by whomper

Gotta laugh at thought of race playing an issue in this ...like I wrote in a separate thread I saw a special on real sports on dog fighting ...underground videos of actual dog fights , pictures of dogs that were killed in fights and afterwards , stories of people pet dogs being stolen from their yard , their mouth duct taped shut and thrown into the ring so a fighting dog can get training and practice killing

It was utterly disgusting ...black or white , nfl qb or regular joe , anyone involved in this should be arrested ...imho vick is getting off light

Scooter Libby was in a very elevated position in the White House, and is counted on by every citizen of this country to represent our interests.

Michael Vick was a quarterback for a team that never advanced in the playoffs.

Yeah... they don't appear very similar. I don't actually give a rats ass about the outcome of one of them.

I believe that would be the Legislative Branch not the Executive Branch.

So, I'm sitting in my local watering hole after work Thursday, when the story comes on the news that a 2-year-old child found dead in a car, still buckled in her seat, where she had been left with the windows rolled up on a day that set a record for temperature on that day (100).

The guy sitting next to me is a black contractor, a guy who never, ever talks about race issues. He says, "You know what? Whoever did it won't get arrested."

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"Look at the car they towed out. A Mercedes SUV. No, that is the child of well-off white people, so unless they can blame the housekeeper, no one will be arrested."

He's probably right, it looks like there will be no charges brought.

The mom, Brenda Nesselroad-Slaby, 40, assistant principal of the school, reported to work before 7:15 a.m. and "was engaged in school work all day," said Gary Brooks, superintendent of the West Clermont school district.

Police weren't ready to state publicly Friday how Cecilia Slaby came to be left in the car, but Clermont County Prosecutor Don White said: "I'm certain that whatever happened was an accident. The question is whether or not that's something that needs to be prosecuted."

Now, compare that with a story from the same newspaper (today) about a black woman who was arrested for yelling at her mom:

Tracy Summers traded a reduced bond for six months behind bars.

Hamilton County Municipal Judge Nadine Allen tried to cut the 20-year-old East Price Hill woman a break Friday when she reduced Summers' bond on domestic violence, resisting arrest and obstruction of official business to $2,000. She'd have to pay only $200 of that to get out of jail.

Still, Summers wasn't happy. She flew into a rage, swearing at the judge and sticking out her tongue - both no-nos in courtroom etiquette.

Allen held Summers in contempt, ordering the maximum six-month jail stay, according to court records.

"I cannot let her get away with that, because everyone in the courtroom heard that disrespect," Allen said.

Allen did order a mental health evaluation and said once that's done she may reconsider.

Cincinnati police arrested Summers Aug. 14 after they found her yelling at her mother in front of the East Price Hill home they share. She refused to calm down, prompting the arrest, which she fought, records show.

Bond was initially set at $14,000. A grand jury declined to indict Summers on felony charges Aug. 21, prompting a bond review Friday.

On the obstruction of official business and resisting arrest charges, Allen agreed to release Summers with only a promise to return to court, but she left in place a $2,000 bond on the domestic-violence charge. A protection order is in place forbidding Summers from seeing her mother.

As Summers was led away from the hearing, she let loose the torrent of obscenities. Allen summoned her back.

Summers denied saying anything.

"Not only are you a liar, but you are insolent," Allen said.

So, black woman yells at her mom, gets arrested for felony domestic violence, she gets mad and gets resisting arrest and obstruction tacked on, and is thrown in jail on a $14,000 bond. A week later, the grand jury finds there is insufficient evidence for an indictment (well, duh), she again gets mad (I'm guessing because the judge is still insisting on any bond, even though the grand jury refused to indict -- although it is also instructive that the story itself claims the judge "was trying to give her a break" -- oh, that whacky liberal media!), and gets six months in jail (the maximum penalty) for contempt.

White woman leaves her kid in a car on the hottest day of the year and fries its brains out ... and she gets sympathy.

Not sayin' they're related. Just sayin'.

(LOL! Sorry, whomp, it probably wasn't worth the refresh ...)

You only strongly disagree because you REFUSE to look at the implications of the lying that was going on. Again. The comparisons are not brought out of right/left or Vick is some poor perseucted black guy....it is about rational human thought. What Libby was convicted of had far greater implications for this country than what Vick has admitted to. If you cannot see this....then we will just have to agree to disagree.

I realize that many of you libs have an unhealthy obsession with hating of the Bush Administration, but do you really think that lying under oath about outing a CIA operative (whose freaking neighbors reportedly knew that she worked for the CIA :D) is even on the same level as animal cruelty/torture/euthanasia on a mass scale?

Going beyond Libby, Clinton having an affair in the Oval Office, lying to his family about it, lying to the rest of America about it on TV, and lying under oath about it doesn't even begin to compare to what Vick did. Hell, I'd rather kill a fetus with a coat hanger than force my pets to tear themselves to pieces and then drown/electrocute the ones that refused to obey me.

Edited by Bill Swerski

she also didn't tell the truth right away. if she had, her penalty would have been less severe.

So, I'm sitting in my local watering hole after work Thursday, when the story comes on the news that a 2-year-old child found dead in a car, still buckled in her seat, where she had been left with the windows rolled up on a day that set a record for temperature on that day (100).

The guy sitting next to me is a black contractor, a guy who never, ever talks about race issues. He says, "You know what? Whoever did it won't get arrested."

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"Look at the car they towed out. A Mercedes SUV. No, that is the child of well-off white people, so unless they can blame the housekeeper, no one will be arrested."

He's probably right, it looks like there will be no charges brought.

Now, compare that with a story from the same newspaper (today) about a black woman who was arrested for yelling at her mom:

Tracy Summers traded a reduced bond for six months behind bars.

Hamilton County Municipal Judge Nadine Allen tried to cut the 20-year-old East Price Hill woman a break Friday when she reduced Summers' bond on domestic violence, resisting arrest and obstruction of official business to $2,000. She'd have to pay only $200 of that to get out of jail.

Still, Summers wasn't happy. She flew into a rage, swearing at the judge and sticking out her tongue - both no-nos in courtroom etiquette.

Allen held Summers in contempt, ordering the maximum six-month jail stay, according to court records.

"I cannot let her get away with that, because everyone in the courtroom heard that disrespect," Allen said.

Allen did order a mental health evaluation and said once that's done she may reconsider.

Cincinnati police arrested Summers Aug. 14 after they found her yelling at her mother in front of the East Price Hill home they share. She refused to calm down, prompting the arrest, which she fought, records show.

Bond was initially set at $14,000. A grand jury declined to indict Summers on felony charges Aug. 21, prompting a bond review Friday.

On the obstruction of official business and resisting arrest charges, Allen agreed to release Summers with only a promise to return to court, but she left in place a $2,000 bond on the domestic-violence charge. A protection order is in place forbidding Summers from seeing her mother.

As Summers was led away from the hearing, she let loose the torrent of obscenities. Allen summoned her back.

Summers denied saying anything.

"Not only are you a liar, but you are insolent," Allen said.

So, black woman yells at her mom, gets arrested for felony domestic violence, she gets mad and gets resisting arrest and obstruction tacked on, and is thrown in jail on a $14,000 bond. A week later, the grand jury finds there is insufficient evidence for an indictment (well, duh), she again gets mad (I'm guessing because the judge is still insisting on any bond, even though the grand jury refused to indict -- although it is also instructive that the story itself claims the judge "was trying to give her a break" -- oh, that whacky liberal media!), and gets six months in jail (the maximum penalty) for contempt.

White woman leaves her kid in a car on the hottest day of the year and fries its brains out ... and she gets sympathy.

Not sayin' they're related. Just sayin'.

(LOL! Sorry, whomp, it probably wasn't worth the refresh ...)

You've picked a lousy comparison.

Wow... nothing in this country is quite as polarizing as when the race card is played. Whether it is deserved or not, it is still a prevalent part of our society.

I can never figure out whether or not I am a racist or not. I must be though, because over the years, I've found myself constantly on the white side of the fence. I thought O.J. did it. No, I was sure of it, in fact. I still strongly believe that the government went behind doors and realized that if they convicted O.J., there would once again be race riots in this country and many more people would have been killed or injured. I think they felt this was the best scenario, hurt one white family rather than many due to a percieved racial injustice. As you can see, the white's didn't win that case and we didn't rally to the streets to tear our towns apart because we didn't get our way.

But then... there's this:

Racial Profiling

So let me get this straight, if I'm white, I'm less likely to be searched if pulled over, but if I'm black/hispanic, I'm 3 times as likely to be searched? And at the same time, it is possible that I am MORE likely to have contraband than the minority drivers? As a white person, this terrifies me. How many of my friends and neighbors are doing illegal stuff and bringing up the percentages? Better question is... how many of you huddlers are raising those numbers.

Ah, but the white in me wants to know more. I don't think those numbers reflect that a white person is more likely to have contraband if he is searched. It is that there is more likely to be contraband because there is an ACTUAL REASON to search that white person's car. Otherwise, the racial officer wouldn't be searching the white person's car, right? He had to have had a good cause to search that car, i.e. the person was obviously liquored up/high.

After typing that, I have officially realized that I am RACIST. I believe that cops don't pursue white people in the same manner they pursue minorities. That I don't perceive the injustices that minorities are subjected to in this country every day. So I am part of the problem and not part of the solution.

All that said... Vick is guilty and deserves what he gets, regardless of what color he is.

WTH did I just type? I am dumber for having typed it. And you are dumber for having sat there long enough to have read it.

she also didn't tell the truth right away. if she had, her penalty would have been less severe.

That's right. That was the prosecutor said, she lied so many times it cost them a lot of time running down dead ends.

Is there racial injustice in our justice system? Yes. Does the Vick case smack of this problem? No. If it were Chad Pennington, I and most people would be calling for him to be jailed. Libby? Again, nothing to do with race what so ever. If Libby were black, he still would have been pardoned. That has to do with being connected to poeple in power, not race. So the comparison is ludicrous to begin with.

Much more than any racial slant/aspect in the Vick case, is the special interst/activists slant. Like it or not, the whackos at PETA are well organized and fairly powerful both politically and economically. This has to do with power, not race. That often is not the case in our justice system, but this time it is. Blacks are generally not well connected to powerful people and organizations, and this power factor is being mistaken for a racial one. The lack of being connected to powerful people is a racial bias.... but that is as far as it goes in the Vick case.

If the ex-governor from Connecticut where a black, the race card would be played, but he's white, powerful, connected, and still going to jail. So, sometimes the system works in a fair way, but because it doesn't all the time, the race card will be played whether is makes any logical sense or not..... as it will be played in the Vick case with little substantial information to support such a conclusion.

during the pats pre-season game last night the announcers were making cute comments about tom brady's out-of-wedlock kid, saying "well, everyday is father's day for him now" and the female announcer talking like it's no big deal. do you honestly think if a black player just had a kid out-of-wedlock that they would be saying the same things?

during the pats pre-season game last night the announcers were making cute comments about tom brady's out-of-wedlock kid, saying "well, everyday is father's day for him now" and the female announcer talking like it's no big deal. do you honestly think if a black player just had a kid out-of-wedlock that they would be saying the same things?

Interesting point, is this not the case w/ Denny Green in Min?

Also, RUMOR has it that a certain big ten coach from WI in th 90s had his fill of cheerleaders, which was observed as not a big deal....

I know of several white guys who just shrug it off with an attitude of, "Well, what do you expect from blacks in sports." The treatment is lop-sidded.

This speaks to the perception of race and one's reaction.

However, with regards to slamming a dog to the ground and bashing it's head-in, does not matter color / colour or creed, that person is not cool, not cool at all....

I realize that many of you libs have an unhealthy obsession with hating of the Bush Administration, but do you really think that lying under oath about outing a CIA operative (whose freaking neighbors reportedly knew that she worked for the CIA :D) is even on the same level as animal cruelty/torture/euthanasia on a mass scale?

Going beyond Libby, Clinton having an affair in the Oval Office, lying to his family about it, lying to the rest of America about it on TV, and lying under oath about it doesn't even begin to compare to what Vick did. Hell, I'd rather kill a fetus with a coat hanger than force my pets to tear themselves to pieces and then drown/electrocute the ones that refused to obey me.

Funny how you paint me as liberal. I am a TRUE republican....you know republican before Rush distorted the party's platform. If you would like to keep this about implications of the crimes....like it should....then I will do that....but if you continue to act like an idiot...I will treat you like that as well. There is ABSOLUTELY no way a person can sit back and say what Vick did has graver implications on America that what Scooter did. Clinton Lied about a swak...PERIOD. Suffering succotash!. Scooter lied to investigators about a situation where peoples lives are at risk....not animals. So, unless you value doggie lives more than human lives....you have no other alternative than to say that what Scooter did have much more Grave consequences to America than what Vick did.