[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys D "COULD" take a big hit

keggerz

Terrence Newman can be 90-95% from this injury if he stays off of it for two weeks and finds the right shoe. He should be up to 100% within a month. In 90 percent of the cases, this comes from a shoe issue, where the shoe is either too hard or isn't cut right for a person's sole...or most likely a combination of the two. It also very possibly be his street shoes and not his football cleats that is causing it. Once they get the problem diagnosed correctly he will be full speed in no-time.

are you medical predictions anything like your WR predictions(Reggie Williams :D )

and you do know its a torn plantar fascia not plantar fasciitis http://www.topix.net/football-players/tere...e-time-decision

actually i would like to hear what trainer phil would have to say about this

Edited by keggerz

This is a tricky one to try and forecast.

Several reports are calling the injury plantar faciitis, while others have indicated that the plantar fascia on the bottom of his foot is torn. I've looked into it and it appears that his actual injury is a partial tear of the plantar fascia. So what does this mean?

For starters it means that Newman needs at least two weeks of complete rest to give the plantar fascia time to heal and regenerate. But he's been practicing, so his foot hasn't had a chance to recover. I've seen a couple of local newspaper reports that have called Newman "out indefintely." This is probably the best way to describe his status because the Cowboys' medical staff just won't know for sure when he will be ready to return. If they let him try and play through the injury he will receive injections and have a special tape job applied to his foot prior to each game. He won't be at full speed, but at least he's on the field. The danger here is that he could worsen the injury (completely tear it) or develop additional chronic inflammation of the plantar fascia (faciitis) further complicating the issue. Of course the medical staff could try and convince him to shut it down for a while and allow the foot to heal so it is no longer an issue. Unfortunately they won't exactly know for sure when he will be completely healed, and my guess is Newman doesn't want to sit on the sidelines for an extended period of time.

Hopefully he does the right thing, which is rest up so his foot heals. But it looks like he is going to try and get back on he field as soon as possible. So there is a chance that he won't be at full speed at any point this season.

are you medical predictions anything like your WR predictions(Reggie Williams :D )

and you do know its a torn plantar fascia not plantar fasciitis http://www.topix.net/football-players/tere...e-time-decision

actually i would like to hear what trainer phil would have to say about this

sorry, i wasn't aware of the tear. And you just wait, Reggie is about to blow up!!

My biggest question------where was this injury ten years ago?!??

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/...newman_tbd.html

September 14, 2007

Ellis out; Newman TBD

Wade Phillips announced that Greg Ellis wouldn't play against the Dolphins, and Terence Newman would be a gametime decision.

Ellis has not had a setback since returning to practice this week. He's just not far enough along in his rehab from a ruptured Achilles tendon to play yet. He went through individual drills for the first time yesterday. Maybe next week for him.

The other highlight of Phillips' press conference this morning was him getting out of his chair to demonstrate how quickly the Dolphins' defense morphs from a 3-4 to 4-3. Pretending to be Jason Taylor, Phillips got in a linebacker's stance before putting his hand on the ground. His technique looked pretty sloppy, so he did it again, cranking his right foot in the air for emphasis.

::Dolphin Homer Alert::

The Dolphins lead the all-time series 7-3 despite playing only three of those games at home.

The teams last met on Nov. 27, 2003 (Thanksgiving) at Dallas. Miami quarterback Jay Fiedler had one of his best games as a professional, going 16/20 for 239 yards and 3 TDs as the Dolphins beat the Cowboys 40-21. All three touchdowns went to receiver Chris Chambers, who repeatedly torched cornerback Mario Edwards in what was one of his most memorable performances. For their part, the Dolphin defense forced five turnovers that day.

Romo will be pressured by Jason Taylor, Joey Porter, Zach Thomas, Channing Crowder & Matt Roth. And I think they'll do a good job keeping the running game in check. What really worries me is TO - they have no answer for that in the secondary. Will Romo have time to get him the ball? It will come down to that.

Jesse Chatman is banged up - The Head Coach has really disrespected Ronnie Brown so far. I hope and pray he comes out PISSED OFF. He'll get the rock early and often but will he find running room behind a below average Miami offensive line?

Aren't you a Falcant fan? You really have room to talk.

It strikes me as odd that Michael Vick is facing a possible NFL suspension and Bill Bellichick is not.

Michael Vick's conviction was more related to illegal gambling charges than it was to any animal cruelty charges.

Yet, Bill Bellichick illegally influences the outcome of potentially dozens of NFL games by cheating and gets a monetary slap on the wrist by the NFL.

I usually dismiss claims of racism by the NFL, but this clearly smacks of racism to me.

It strikes me as odd that Michael Vick is facing a possible NFL suspension and Bill Bellichick is not.

Michael Vick's conviction was more related to illegal gambling charges than it was to any animal cruelty charges.

Yet, Bill Bellichick illegally influences the outcome of potentially dozens of NFL games by cheating and gets a monetary slap on the wrist by the NFL.

I usually dismiss claims of racism by the NFL, but this clearly smacks of racism to me.

Are you going to turn every post on this forum into a bitch fest between Jets and Pats fans? This is a thread on the Dallas Cowboys defense.

Before you post, let me go ahead and predict what it will say.

Vet replies-

"Shut up. You are a racist and hate the color black. You probably cheat on your taxes like Belichick. You along with Belichick should have to rebuild New Orleans. War Pennington!!!"

Now we can get back to the actual meaning of this topic.

As a Ronnie Brown owner I can only hope that Ferguson's loss opens up at least a little running room for him. If he is going to get anything vs. the Cowboys it will likely be early on the ground and late through the air as the Cowboys should be scoring early and often.

Are you going to turn every post on this forum into a bitch fest between Jets and Pats fans? This is a thread on the Dallas Cowboys defense.

Before you post, let me go ahead and predict what it will say.

Vet replies-

"Shut up. You are a racist and hate the color black. You probably cheat on your taxes like Belichick. You along with Belichick should have to rebuild New Orleans. War Pennington!!!"

Now we can get back to the actual meaning of this topic.

As a Ronnie Brown owner I can only hope that Ferguson's loss opens up at least a little running room for him. If he is going to get anything vs. the Cowboys it will likely be early on the ground and late through the air as the Cowboys should be scoring early and often.

This is not a Jets vs. Pats thing.

There are at least 20 teams in the NFL that could beat the Jets fair-and-square without cheating. I happen to think the Patriots are one of those teams. But, apparently, Bill Bellichick does not.

This is not a Jets vs. Pats thing.

There are at least 20 teams in the NFL that could beat the Jets fair-and-square without cheating. I happen to think the Patriots are one of those teams. But, apparently, Bill Bellichick does not.

You are either blind or stupid. Maybe I will put it in caps for you. THIS IS A TOPIC ON THE DALLAS COWBOYS DEFENSE!! We have about 300 other topics about the Patriots and you stating cheat, cheat, cheat over and over. No reason to ruin this one.

Probably so but they didn't look terrific against Eli & Burress. Chambers and Berrian could do some damage.

Trent Green and Rex Grossman are not Eli Manning, and berian and Chambers certainly are not Plaxico Burress. Anyone want to wager Chicago or Miami score 35 on the dallas D, with their starting RB playing the whole game, if Newman doesnt play. The problem with the Dallas defense is the pass rush, not Newman not playing. Had Newman played, he couldnt have covered Plaxico as long as Eli had in the pocket. San Diego has complete crap for CBs, and they are still an elite defense. Why, because they put pressure on the QB, and their secondary isnt hung out 6-9 seconds on passing downs to cover opposing WRs. So like I said, IMO, this isnt an issue if Newman plays or not. Newman played last yr vs the Lions and they were completely lit up, when there was no pass rush. Expect more of the same, vs high octane offenses, if the pass rush doesnt get better.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan