[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets line looks like crap

budlitebrad

That left side is definitely weak, especially with Kendall gone now.

Hard to tell on ESPN's Gamecast...we got the colts vs lions nfl network brodcast here. but im just killing time till the UFC fight.

and 0-2 on FG's for Tynes...i'm thinking Josh Huston has a voodoo doll on the sidelines

The rookie that replaced Kendall at LG is already out. Then the guy who replaces him gets a false start on the 1 yard line.

Giants d line is definitely controlling the Jets. Tuck looks good.

EDIT: And there's the safety dance from the holding penalty.

Edited by budlitebrad

Hope there's an update about Thomas Jones :D

I guess you weren't hoping very much....

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=212825

I've been telling anyone willing to listen that Thomas Jones will not live up to his ADP, and it's because of the O line. 95% of people blamed the servicable RB's the Jets had last year for a lousy running attack. It wasn't the RB's, it was the O line wth or without Kendall. Unless they are pulling, they can't block the sun with their hands. RB's don't create running lanes, they exploit them. It's like giving someone a life preserver instead of a ship and launching them across the Atlantic. They aint gonna make it.

anyone remember the argument on here a few months ago with sgt ryan about who had the better o line? san fran or the jets? and he sided with the jets and i told him that pete kendall covered alot of mistakes made by ferguson and mangold...i just dont see ferguson being able to get much push in the running game especially against big 3-4 defensive ends like seymour and ty warren...

scary thing is..the jets could end up playing better this year..and finishing with a worse record than they did a year ago...and theres no way the end up recovering as many fumbles as they did last year...which they capitalized on

...scary thing is..the jets could end up playing better this year..and finishing with a worse record than they did a year ago...

Very true.

I expect them to play as well as last year, but have a worse record due to the strength of schedule and the fact that it is very common for a team to take a step back record-wise in the second year of a new coaching regime - especially when you bring in disciplinarian coach (Mangini) following a "soft" coach (Herm Edwards). Year one the new guy comes in, kicks a$$, forces everyone to tow the line, and the team does well simply by being diciplined and, as they say, "blocking and tackling". Year two, some players start to get sick of him and rebel - even if it's only on a subconscious level - execution slips and the team takes a step back. Those guys are usually gone by year three and replaced with the new coach's "guys". So, year three you find out if the coach is really good or not. Either the team takes a huge step forward in year three, or they completely unravel. I expect a down year for the Jets this year and will reserve judgement on Mangini until next year.

That said - if what we saw Saturday is indicative of the Jets offensive line play - they'll be 0-16 this year. I don't think there's any way the offensive line is that bad. The D-line also looked suspect. They play the Giants week 5 of the regular season, so maybe they're playing possum a bit. I also think they've been worked extremely hard in camp and expect Mangini to lighten up from here on out so they'll be fresh for the start of the regular season.

I think the Jets had 8-8 talent last year and, due to an easy schedule and a relative lack of (major) injuries, they went 10-6. I think they have 8-8 talent again this year and, due to a tougher schedlue, the likelyhood of some injuries and the reasons mentioned above they'll probably go 6-10 or so. They key for them is to improve the talent level over the next 12 months so that they go into 2008 with 10-6 type talent. To me, that entails addressing the LG psition, bringing in a big play WR and - possibly - replacing Pennington at QB.

Edited by Vet