[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson

budlitebrad

Great. I just drafted him last night as my #2. I was feeling some buyers remorse this morning and apparently rightly so.

Just my opinion, but the onus was on TJ when they got him and he proved to be pure gold. Same good 'O' line, no excuses.

Beat me up for this but Peterson is better. JMHO

Just my opinion, but the onus was on TJ when they got him and he proved to be pure gold. Same good 'O' line, no excuses.

Beat me up for this but Peterson is better. JMHO

Agreed. Never have liked Benson, his attitude is all wrong. Like you, I hope I'm wrong.

In week 3 of last year's preseason, Thomas Jones only gained 3 yards on four carries against the Cards. Joseph Addai ran for 12 yards on nine carries against the Saints. Travis Henry gained 18 yards on seven carries against the Falcons. Steven Jackson gained 22 yards on 10 carries against the Chiefs. Rudi Johnson gained 35 yards on 12 carries. And so on...

I'm not saying it is a great sign for Benson, but it's not neccessarily a horrible one either.

In week 3 of last year's preseason, Thomas Jones only gained 3 yards on four carries against the Cards. Joseph Addai ran for 12 yards on nine carries against the Saints. Travis Henry gained 18 yards on seven carries against the Falcons. Steven Jackson gained 22 yards on 10 carries against the Chiefs. Rudi Johnson gained 35 yards on 12 carries. And so on...

I'm not saying it is a great sign for Benson, but it's not neccessarily a horrible one either.

I realize that Cedric is a texican, but as I said, I'm not basing my opinion on preseason, I'm basing it on his NFL career, and I still feel TJ was the better back.

thanks for the dose of reality, DMD... i get the feeling that known starting RBs don't want to try as hard as when the game counts. some of the best don't even play, and the ones that do are trying to avoid what happened to Portis last year...

I, personally, believe he will have a good enough year to warrant a RB2 slot...Benson is an unknown quantity, but if he can't put up 1,200 yards and 10 TDs on that team, with that OL, then he'll never succeed. JMHO

Benson was just OK tonight. I'm a little biased by my avatar, but Patrick Willis is the man on the niners D and was all over Benson.

If you're playing an IDP league and want a good LB without paying the price, take Willis while he's under the radar. :D

Seriously, when has Cedric Benson ever looked impressive?

Exactly.

I don't take no stock in preseason games, but I think that you're getting a taste of what you are going to see in the regular season - a lot of carries, not a lot of yards.

TDs are going to be the key for this stiff.

Yes yes... everyone move Benson down their draft lists. He's terrible.

Do not take the #1 back on a team that rarely plays from behind and runs the ball 40 times a game. Do not draft that guy. Terrible idea.

You hear that, leaguemates? Cedric Benson = awful.

Thank you.

The voice of reason strikes again.