[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with pork chops

tbimm

I just bought a family pack of pork chops today with the intention of trying them on the charcoal grill (my favorite new toy). I'm worried about them coming out tough and dry. What's the best way to avoid that? Low and slow? Or hit 'em for a short time on high heat? Maybe constant glazing with a sauce mop? Pre-cooking marinade?

Oh, am I hijacking this thread?

6 green tomatos - chopped

1 jalepeno - diced with seeds removed

1 sweet onion - diced 1/4 cup

juice of 1 lime

Salt to taste

tbsp of olive oil

Spoon over chops after they're done.

A corn relish wouldn't be bad either but that takes a little time to marinate.

Edited by twiley

I have 6 1/2 inch thick chops i'm going to cook tomorrow afternoon. Anybody have a way to take chops above the norm?

At first, I read this "I have six-and-a-half inch pork chops" not "I have six, half-inch pork chops."

I was thinking "dude, those are pork ROASTS."

Anyhow, I just made some that my family brought up - season with some garlic salt (the good stuff, with yellow flecks in it), onion salt, black pepper, wrap it up and refrigerate over night, throw on the grill - and it's all good. Sometimes you don't need to dress the good stuff up.