[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis...what do people think?

giantsfan

I don't have a hard on for Betts, I have a hard on for Betts situation.

Worst case scenario for Betts? He is used frequently to spell Portis, and comes in on passing downs. They guy is going to have 800 yds rushing (which should be 40% of the team total), He is going to catch 40-50 passes, and he will get some touchdowns along the way as well. Even under those circumstances I contend Betts will match the fantasy points of Jacobs, McAllister, Cadillac and guys in that range.

But there is always the possibility that Portis doesn't make it through the season again, and then Betts instantly becomes a top 5 back.

I ask. Are my estimations unreasonable? And if not, what's not to like about Betts?

It doesn't matter which back is more talented. Has absolutely nothing to do with it.

There is no way Betts gets 800 yards rushing. Unless Portis misses a lot of games. You name a bet if you're confident in this prediction. 40-50 receptions isn't out of the question though.

I'll also take a bet, if you wan't to make one with him outscoring Deuce.

So yeah, I think your estimations are unreasonable. The only way he sniffs 800 is if Portis misses 4+ games.

Edited by piratesownninjas

There is no way Betts gets 800 yards rushing. Unless Portis misses a lot of games. You name a bet if you're confident in this prediction. 40-50 receptions isn't out of the question though.

So yeah, I think your estimations are unreasonable. The only way he sniffs 800 is if Portis misses 4+ games.

I am guessing he is saying that the chances of Portis missing 4+ games is high... I hate to draft players on the hopes of injury of another guy, but Betts may be a decent value depending where you have to draft him.

I am guessing he is saying that the chances of Portis missing 4+ games is high... I hate to draft players on the hopes of injury of another guy, but Betts may be a decent value depending where you have to draft him.

I don't think so. He said:

Worst case scenario for Betts? He is used frequently to spell Portis, and comes in on passing downs. They guy is going to have 800 yds rushing (which should be 40% of the team total), He is going to catch 40-50 passes, and he will get some touchdowns along the way as well. Even under those circumstances I contend Betts will match the fantasy points of Jacobs, McAllister, Cadillac and guys in that range.

That isn't Portis hurt, that is even if Portis plays.

I don't think so. He said:

That isn't Portis hurt, that is even if Portis plays.

I didn't read it too closely, but I think that is too high of a prediction for Betts without a Portis injury. I don't like Portis much this season, but I certainly am not that high on Betts.

I don't need to make some he-man bet with you about my projections. I put my money where my mouth is by drafting Betts.

I think if you look at historical statistical probability in this situation, you would find that Portis' chances of returning to glory are on the slim side.

Worst case scenario, Betts hits the numbers I quoted. I think he will do much better than that.

I'm just trying to help.

And that's the point right there. Portis will get hurt one way or another.

And the only way he might not get hurt, is if he splits the carries with Betts. In either case, I'm riding Betts.

I took Portis at 3.03 in Genlost, did not like much of what was left. Reach - probably but he would not have lasted 3-4 more picks. Betts was taken by someone else at 6.04(12 team-18rds) - that was a reach in my opinion, I was hoping to handcuff in the 7.03 -- wishful thinking -- I bet that Portis gets 65%+ carries -- we will see

edited for wrong number in 7th

Edited by Moss6

I love Portis in shallow leagues as a lotto ticket. I just took him 3.05 in ECB after taking Parker/Edge in the first two rounds. I can only start two of 'em, but we only start 1RB, 2WR, 1Flex.

3rd round is awfully high to take a bench player, but there's not too many bench players with top 5 potential. In deeper leagues, I probably wouldn't touch him there, because you need those guys to produce.

And that's the point right there. Portis will get hurt one way or another.

He's worn down in the past because Gibbs pounded him way too many times and didn't give him a breather. I think Betts will get a nice amount of touches, enough to keep Portis' fresh.

Only time will tell, but I think we see a healthy Portis, Betts, and Redskins run game.