[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals Falcons game

piratesownninjas

I can't believe it but it has finally happened. I turned off a football game. I can no longer stand hearing the words "Michael Vick" anymore. this entire game all i've heard is Vick this and Vick that.

Here on the side lines we have a lady who grew up with an older lady who's husband raise sheep that they sold the scrap meat to dog breeders back in 1934. That dog breed was a kennel that raise fighting does. Now tell me Mrs Lady are we just blind to dog fighting because Michael Vick came out and said he was really sorry and we should say what a great guy he is for taking this first step?

CRAP!

I can't believe it but it has finally happened. I turned off a football game. I can no longer stand hearing the words "Michael Vick" anymore. this entire game all i've heard is Vick this and Vick that.

Here on the side lines we have a lady who grew up with an older lady who's husband raise sheep that they sold the scrap meat to dog breeders back in 1934. That dog breed was a kennel that raise fighting does. Now tell me Mrs Lady are we just blind to dog fighting because Michael Vick came out and said he was really sorry and we should say what a great guy he is for taking this first step?

CRAP!

The only way any of us are escaping the Vick talk is to stay away from any sports or news channel. Only learning channels and HBO are not talking about him...

CRAP!

My wife and I did the same thing...this is the single worst NFL telecast I have ever seen. I hate the fact that ESPN broadcasts MNF.

1st half observations:

. Jenkins, White, and Crumpler look just fine with Harrington throwing the ball to me. Making good catches and even a couple acrobatic catches. Who says the Falcon receivers have little talent?

. Bengals pass protection still looks out-of-sorts without the starting LT Jones and RT Anderson. Not sure if the Falcon D-line is that good or the backup Bengal OL is that bad. Still, they are having some success with Palmer to CJ.

. Norwood had a nice TD catch and run that was drown out by interviewing Mort. :D Why do they do they interview when the game is on? I mean honestly.

. Dunn is starting, but doesn't look very good. No power at all. Falcon run-blocking not very impressive either, but Dunn is getting arm tackled and thrown down like a rag doll.

Attn ESPN: that horse is dead.

And I loved how during that Falcons drive with the couple of big plays that ended with a nice Norwood TD, they had the game minimized so we could see Mort's face while he talked about Vick. The booth didn't even cut in for the big plays. Oh, and ESPN, is it possible to use less of my 42" HDTV screen real estate when you go to that split screen? That's right, I bought my TV so I can watch an image of the game the size of a 13" TV.

Harrington has looked pretty damn good. He's shown good presence in the pocket, bought time, looked off the safety...basically, all that you would ask of your QB. And, if White had actually held on to the ball that Harrington laid in his hands, Harrington would have 3 TD passes. That's not too bad for a guy who sucks. I know, I know...preseason. But, he is showing flashes.

Harrington has looked pretty damn good. He's shown good presence in the pocket, bought time, looked off the safety...basically, all that you would ask of your QB. And, if White had actually held on to the ball that Harrington laid in his hands, Harrington would have 3 TD passes. That's not too bad for a guy who sucks. I know, I know...preseason. But, he is showing flashes.

While he didn't help himself too much towards the end of his run in Detroit, Harrington does have talent.