[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beason

I sniffed out Demeco Ryans last year, (with a little help from my friends here at The Huddle) ,...and now he's my keeper. :D I'm getting that same vibe from Beason. Maybe you scheme guru's can chime in and tell me if i'm way off on this. I'm aware of the Dan Morgan situation and that Beason could end up on the weak side.

This guy could be in for a big year.........-thoughts?

If Beason gets comfortable at WLB, when Morgan gets hurt (and that's a when, not an if), Anderson could move into the MLB spot rather than changing out 2 guys on the D. That could be some good news for a sleeper LB in Anderson, whose game has been favorably compared to Witherspoon's.

Beason was drafted to be a cornerstone for this LB corp, and its going to happen sooner than later. Im not sure he will be the stud Ryans was a rookie, as his position still isnt defined yet. Also what made Ryans so productive is how pathetic the Houston offense was. Ryans was on the field a ton of snaps, and opponents were playing with a lead in most of those games, adding to his opportunities in the 4th quarter, salting the game away on the ground. Carolina has a better offense, plus their overall D is better to get teams off the field 3 and 0ut at times. I wouldnt expect Beason to be anywhere close to the top 5 overall LB, unless he mans the middle from day one. Even then its not a given.

Also what made Ryans so productive is how pathetic the Houston offense was. Ryans was on the field a ton of snaps, and opponents were playing with a lead in most of those games, adding to his opportunities in the 4th quarter, salting the game away on the ground.

Actually, HOU faced the 13th fewest rushing attempts against in the NFL last year.

Link to 2006 regular season rush D stats sorted by rushing attempts

Apparently those plays were enough for Ryans to become the player he was a yr ago. Those numbers for him are staggering when you look at the opportunities he had compared to other LBs who had many more defensive snaps. This certainly isnt the norm for a rookie.

Agreed.

That makes one think Ryans is a unique player, and that makes the likelihood of another "Ryans" this year improbable at best.

Well, it was said that Beason was always around the ball-and it's true. This kid is a football player 100% and I'm thrilled he is going to start week 1 for WLB for the Panthers and without a doubt an IDP gem and a tackling machine.

is it windy down there? Morgan owners need wind reports since he is one stiff breeze away from being done

actually I hope that the guy can avoid another concussion but the probability of that is slim i just hope that he doesnt hurt himself :D

Edited by keggerz

is it windy down there? Morgan owners need wind reports since he is one stiff breeze away from being done

actually I hope that the guy can avoid another concussion but the probability of that is slim i just hope that he doesnt hurt himself :D

I have had the feeling that he will play his first full season as a pro this year-don't know why, but it's been a presistent intuition.

• 3 weeks later...
So did Beason start week 2?

And can someone refresh me. When was he drafted (rank/number). Thanks.

yes he started and he was taken 25th in the 1st round this past april

he was the 3rd LB selected(1st was willis at 11, 2nd was timmons at 15)