[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Canadian Summer

Gonkis

My brother-in-law moved into my neighborhood, which is a good thing, because I have had a drinking buddy for the first time since married that my wife actually likes!!

Anyway, we declared this summer to be Canadian Beer summer and have only bought and consumed Canadian beers (I talked about this in some other thread, I think) . Our ranking so far is as follows:

1. Molson Canadian - the original

2. Moosehead - Good and refreshing

3. Molson XXX - don't need as many to get effed up

4. Labatt's Blue - Classic from my childhood.

5. Any other Molson, except...

50. Molson Golden. Same price as the Canadian and gave me the Sega!s somethin' fierce the next day

What are we missing? I wish they made and sold Elsinore Beer as it would instantly get launched to the top of the list, eh. I'm sure I could google other ideas, but has anyone tried and liked a Canadian brew I didn't mention?

I'll see if I can find it. I see that Labatt makes it and they sell it in 40 dogs!!!

Apparently they use a "unique corn adjunct" in making this beer. You can sure smell it, and maybe that was what I was tasting. But what I remember tasting most was a unique metal adjunct. Overall it's just real watery. Although after the first few, I took to drinking the rest of this stuff that I had at the coldest temperature possible so as to avoid the full brunt of it's metallic taste and bad corn funk. Popular because it's cheap, not because it's good. (8/7/2004)

That's exactly in the spirit of the experiment, while I'm not opposded to trying a premium beer...

Edited by Gonkis

It all depends on where you live for the Canadian imports. My Canadian friends are always bring bier over and some is actually good! Nothing like my memories of "Black Label" I think it is now under the Molson/Coors umbrella... For a light Pilsner a Kokanee is not bad for alighter bier. I really liked Yukon Brewing's Lead Dog....

It all depends on where you live for the Canadian imports. My Canadian friends are always bring bier over and some is actually good! Nothing like my memories of "Black Label" I think it is now under the Molson/Coors umbrella... For a light Pilsner a Kokanee is not bad for alighter bier. I really liked Yukon Brewing's Lead Dog....

I grew up 10 minutes from a Carling brewery. They made Colt 45, Black Label, Schlitz, and Blatz before being sold and closing down.

I grew up 10 minutes from a Carling brewery. They made Colt 45, Black Label, Schlitz, and Blatz before being sold and closing down.

Black Label is a great memory for me when a group of us were driving back to college. Two of us were hammered and wanted more bier so we stopped at a small town liqour store, but only had two dollars. After looking through the cheap liqour, I spied a six pack of Black Label for under 2 bucks! :wacko::D By the time we hit Medicine Bow, Wyoming my drinking buddy "blatzed" :D all over the side of the truck.