[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(update) Kevin Jones off the PUP

MERLINS

It's 6 weeks but 5 games. I went into the drfat expecting him to be out so this is no surprise. Tatum will be in a RBBC imo.

I took him knowing it was a risk. It may or may not be a steal. We won't know until and if he actually plays. He could be a boon at playoff time.

That's why I took him, for the playoffs. I may not get there but if I do and he plays it could be a good move.

The glass is half full Randall. K. Jones will remain out for 6 weeks unless they try and bring him back too soon. It normally takes 10 months to recover... do the math. You're speaking from an eternal optimist perspective in wishing he'll come back sooner. Why would you spend a high draft pick on a guy knowing/expecting he'd be out 6 weeks? Do you have that much faith in him? The Tater is gonna get his shot, and with an arsenal of WR/QB strength he just may pan out nicely (said from the Tatum owner). Make me an offer now for Jones... you'll be out 6 guaranteed weeks if you don't.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The glass is half full Randall. K. Jones will remain out for 6 weeks unless they try and bring him back too soon. It normally takes 10 months to recover... do the math. You're speaking from an eternal optimist perspective in wishing he'll come back sooner. Why would you spend a high draft pick on a guy knowing/expecting he'd be out 6 weeks? Do you have that much faith in him? The Tater is gonna get his shot, and with an arsenal of WR/QB strength he just may pan out nicely (said from the Tatum owner). Make me an offer now for Jones... you'll be out 6 guaranteed weeks if you don't.

Warrick Dunn suffered the exact same break and surgery. He came back fine...

Tatum Bell "getting a shot" isn't so much a shot as its more the Lions have no other options. Martz has publicly said that Kevin Jones is his guy, not Bell or Duckett. The instant KJ is ready to go, Bell's spare ass will be on the bench. Watching. Where he should be.

Warrick Dunn suffered the exact same break and surgery. He came back fine...

Tatum Bell "getting a shot" isn't so much a shot as its more the Lions have no other options. Martz has publicly said that Kevin Jones is his guy, not Bell or Duckett. The instant KJ is ready to go, Bell's spare ass will be on the bench. Watching. Where he should be.

Tell me the truth... do you have K. Jones in at least one league?

I have him in two leagues and I actually WANT him on the PUP to start the season. He'll be rested and I'm banking on Bell to continue sucking as a pro. KJones is a steal late in drafts, especially if you can stash him on IR and carry another player for six weeks. He'll start and if he puts up numbers like the first half of last year, has a great to chance to carry a FF team to a championship. Just MHO, of course...

if the offense is good enough and the offensive line is good enough, then whoever gets the first crack at the job will succeed and probably be good enough to hold onto the job. If the team is losing and Tatum Bell doesn't get the job done, so the fans start calling for Kevin Jones... do you guys think Kevin Jones, who's not 100% and not in football shape, is going to get the job done? I don't think so

I put more weight in who's getting the starting gig in Detroit. I would take a flyer on Kevin Jones to end my draft maybe

if the offense is good enough and the offensive line is good enough, then whoever gets the first crack at the job will succeed and probably be good enough to hold onto the job. If the team is losing and Tatum Bell doesn't get the job done, so the fans start calling for Kevin Jones... do you guys think Kevin Jones, who's not 100% and not in football shape, is going to get the job done? I don't think so

I put more weight in who's getting the starting gig in Detroit. I would take a flyer on Kevin Jones to end my draft maybe

Remember, the Lions tried to trade Tatum Bell to New York as soon as they aquired him... Not a strong vote of confidence.

Mike Martz has maintained that Kevin Jones is his guy... Another vote of non confidence in Tatum Bell

The lions sure are taking there time with figuring out if Jones will be ready before week six... Another sign of no confidence in him.

Bell couldn't get it done in Denver...

Tatum has always shown explosiveness and an ability to attack the outside even in his failed Denver experience. There were questions about his toughness, fumbling, and catching. I for one think his weaknesses won't be as apparent in a spread offense, I think he was made for a spread offense. And the reports have been positive about the catching and that's the only thing that made Kevin Jones worth anything last season.

The only thing that scares me about Tatum Bell are his injuries, he could realistically lose that job to a petty injury

I draft tonight, and I am hoping to god someone thinks they are being savvy, and over-drafts Tatum Bell as a #2/3 RB. Anyone who can't find sucess in the Denver backfield should be taken out back and beaten about the head and face with a large cow chip.

Yep. Bell may be a decent RB for fantasy this year, but I'll bet and agree with swammi's statement above.

Kevin Jones (Lisfranc foot surgery) will be on the active roster when the Lions begin the regular season.

Impact: A surgeon said Thursday that it would be fine for the Lions to expect Jones to contribute within the first six weeks of the season. It seems unlikely that he'll play in Week 1, but he'll likely be a starter by mid-season. Upgrade Jones about one round on your cheatsheets if you haven't drafted already. We'd guess that he'll be active and usable by Week 3 or 4.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Tatum has always shown explosiveness and an ability to attack the outside even in his failed Denver experience. There were questions about his toughness, fumbling, and catching. I for one think his weaknesses won't be as apparent in a spread offense, I think he was made for a spread offense. And the reports have been positive about the catching and that's the only thing that made Kevin Jones worth anything last season.

The only thing that scares me about Tatum Bell are his injuries, he could realistically lose that job to a petty injury

I have to say nothing scares me about Tatum Bell. but that is because I don't have any hopes for him at all. I did have him as a solid RB # 4 just because of possible playing time. I now move him to a RB # 5

Note to self: Tom Kowalski is still a friggin' idiot.

EDIT: D-O-O-S-H = "little buddy"? :D

He doesn't say anything about being wrong.

Marinelli won't rule out Kevin Jones playing in the opener

Posted by Tom Kowalski September 01, 2007 12:38PM

Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said it was highly unlikely that running back Kevin Jones would play in the regular season opener against the Oakland Raiders, but refused to rule it out. Marinelli said Jones' status would be evaluated on a week-to-week basis.

Marinelli said the team's decision to take Jones off the Physically Unable to Perform list was based on the fact that the surgeon who performed the Lisfranc surgery on Jones -- Dr. Robert Anderson -- said Jones was in no risk of re-injuring the foot. Marinelli acknowledged there were concerns about Jones suffering other compensation injuries as he returns to padded practices. In fact, Marinelli brought up the fact that linebacker Teddy Lehman, when he returned from Lisfranc surgery, suffered a hamstring pull during the recovery process.