[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shanahan to Selvin Young

Bronco Billy

DEN - #2 RB Job Goes To Rookie Young Over Bell

Source: Mike Klis, Denver Post

The Denver Broncos have settled on a backup to RB Travis Henry and his name is not Mike Bell, but rookie Selvin Young has apparently pulled a Mike Bell. Young has gone from undrafted free agency to No. 2 on the tailback depth chart this week. "I came out to try to play football the way I did last week," Young said. "I got some good advice from a couple guys who had been in the league awhile. I heard that anybody can have one good day. But can you put it together and do the job each and every week?"

It's not surprising that Mike Shanahan would pull a RB out that wasn't expected to be a big player. Selvin Young becomes a guy you need to have in mind as we all know how productive the Denver system can be. If something were to happen to Henry (and he's not the most durable guy out there) Young would be thrust into a great situation.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6766090?source=rss