[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keith Ellison Injured

keggerz

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/152196.html

FYI: Coy Wire is a converted safety. This warrants keeping a close eye on for how the starter shake out if Ellison is going to be out for an extended amount of time.

Bills have plenty in reserve

By Mark Gaughan

Updated: 08/31/07 8:30 AM

DETROIT — Rookie quarterback Trent Edwards stole the spotlight in Thursday night’s exhibition finale by leading the Buffalo Bills to a 16-13 victory over the Detroit Lions.

Edwards led the Bills to all their points — on four scoring drives — and did his best to lay claim to the Bills’ backup quarterback job.

A 21-yard field goal by Rian Lindell with 1:46 left was the winning margin and gave the Bills a 2-2 preseason record.

The Bills now have nine days to get ready for their regular-season opener against the Denver Broncos.

The Bills suffered one injury that could be significant. Starting outside linebacker Keith Ellison sprained his ankle in the first half.

“They did X-ray it and it wasn’t a break,” Bills coach Dick Jauron said. “I don’t know how long that’s going to be, but it wasn’t good.”

If Ellison is not able to play against Denver, Coy Wire would take his place.

Interesting.

With all the DiGiorgio hype and how he almost beat out Poz to start at MLB, I would think he would play MLB and Poz would take Ellison's spot at OLB

i had the same initial thought but I dont know if or how many snaps poz took at WLB and if that would matter...thats why i said it bears watching...but if it is a long term injury that would seem better then having Coy as the WLB

i had the same initial thought but I dont know if or how many snaps poz took at WLB and if that would matter...thats why i said it bears watching...but if it is a long term injury that would seem better then having Coy as the WLB

Why couldn't CrowBar just slide over to WLB and his replacement at SLB take his place. Crowell played WLB last year even when Takeo came back. Me thinks it makes more sense for Crowell to slide over....I am moving Crowell up my list...CAUTIOUSLY.

Why couldn't CrowBar just slide over to WLB and his replacement at SLB take his place. Crowell played WLB last year even when Takeo came back. Me thinks it makes more sense for Crowell to slide over....I am moving Crowell up my list...CAUTIOUSLY.

i dont think they have a better replacement for SLB if that happened